-
NBA Playoffs
West
UTAH
at
LAL
NO
at
DEN
DAL
at
SAS
POR/HOU
East
DET
at
CLE
CHI
at
BOS
PHI
at
ORL
MIA
at
ATL
the west is gonna be crazy, i could see any team playing la for the west
the east is gonna be wild too, atl and mia is a great first round series.
cle v. la in the finals
and gasp
lebron brings it in.
-
Re: NBA Playoffs
The West -
LA beats Utah 4-1
NO beats Denver 4-2
Dal beats SA 4-3
Houston beats Portland 4-3
The East -
Cleveland beats Detroit 4-0
Boston beats Chicago 4-1
Orlando beats Philly 4-0
Miami beats Atlanta 4-2
Some thoughts on my picks and the playoffs altogether.
West -
LA and Kobe are too good for Utah, though I think they could win 2 at home.
NO and Paul are still great and will take it to Denver, but it could be a really good series.
I took Dal over NO because of how hot Dallas has been and how shitty Duncan has played towards the end of the season - If Duncan is back on his game, it'll be SA over Dallas.
Houston and Portland will be a very good series, could go either way.
East -
Cleveland is just a monster, I see them losing 1 maybe 2 games the whole Eastern Con.
Boston is still good, but too good for the Bulls. Chicago could squeak out 2 wins with KG being out.
Orlando and Howard are damn good, Philly doesn't have a chance.
Miami and D-Wade are great, but that series with Atlanta is what I'm looking forward to see. Both good young teams, D-Wade is just too much for the Hawks
I'm positive LA will be in the finals, but the other team right now is a toss up. I'd give it to Dal(if they are still playing like now) or the team I'm leaning towards...New Orleans.
The Cavs will probably cruise to the Eastern Conference Finals and Orlando will join them there. The Celtics are without KG probably the whole postseason like Doc said today, without him they'll make an early exit...if they do get him back, it won't be until the East Finals if they manage to get there. I'm just looking forward to seeing the MVP Lebron dominate and the runner-up D-Wade in the Atlanta series.
-
Re: NBA Playoffs
LA vs. Orlando in the finals. Lakers win it 4-1.
-
Re: NBA Playoffs
Well here's how it stands so far....
The West -
LA-3 Utah-1
Denver-2 NO-1
Dallas-3 SA-1
Houston-3 Portland-1
The East -
Cleveland-4 Detroit-0
Boston-2 Chicago-2
Orlando-2 Philly-2
Miami-2 Atlanta-1
LA is doing what they are supposed to.
Denver is as hot as anyone, Billups has been dominating.
Dallas is just taking it to SA, showing their age.
Houston is too much for Portland, who is also showing their age.
Cleveland and Lebron already on to the next round, wasn't the least bit competitive.
Boston and Chicago have played the best series, almost every game has been just great.
Orlando and Philly have been the biggest surprise, figured Orlando would have took care of them.
Miami and Atlanta is a good match up, but the games have been lacking in excitement.
If you watch it, just make sure you catch the CHI/BOS games.
-
Re: NBA Playoffs
Big game tonight between Houston and LA. I know it's just game 2, but its a must win for the Lakers. I don't think they could even it up going to Houston down 2, if they lose tonight..the Rockets will be taking it in 6. So, here's to hoping they go down again.
-
Re: NBA Playoffs
been a pretty wild game so far, derek fisher ejected, and ron artest being ejected.
really chippy, real physical
la up by nine in the 4th, but its not over at all.
houston is for real, they are basically beating la up.
itll be an interesting series next round in the west, denver is looking bad ass right now
the east sucks haha
not really, cleveland is head and shoulders above the rest of the east, orlando didnt look good tonight, but boston was the 2 seed, but without kg they have no chance to repeat
-
Re: NBA Playoffs
I had high hopes for Houston taking LA out, but with Yao out..no way. Denver is the last hope for them being sent home early, but I wouldn't mind too much seeing Kobe and Lebron in the finals. The Cavs are going to take anyone who gets in their way, will be the first of several championships from that team.
-
Re: NBA Playoffs
I am genuinely embarrassed to be a Laker fan today. It's like L.A. just figured they'd waltz with Yao out and forgot to show up. Here's the good news: Aaron Brooks had his blind squirrell moment (no way he'll put up 34 vs L.A. again),and Kobe isn't going to score 15 again. L.A. will win this series,but it will not matter,because Denver will smoke 'em with the way L.A. has played. Lakers needed to win today and close out Tuesday-not drag a dogfight series on while Denver rests. What a pitiful "effort" today by Kobe and crew.
-
Re: NBA Playoffs
I wouldn't say that was just a fluke game for Brooks, he's a damn good scorer and PG. I agree that he probably won't be dropping 34 on them next game, but he'll be a top scorer..he's been just great this season and in the playoffs. Kobe will get more than 15, but Artest will be getting more than 8 like last game too. I still think the Lakers will take this one, but with Houston embarrassing them like that without T-mac, Yao and Artest their leading scorer just getting 8..it'll go seven and I won't be complaining too much.
I don't see how Boston is tied up with Orlando or how big-baby hit that GW last night. Orlando is the better team and I still expect them to win this, but it might go seven too. Denver and Cleveland should get their sweep tonight, Dallas might possibly get the win though. But with the way the last game ended, it definitely killed their spirits and hopes of winning the series of course.
-
Re: NBA Playoffs
cleveland finished off the hawks tonight, atlanta was never really in contention in any game.
denver/dallas is starting now, i say dallas wins this one, but loses back in denver.