I seen every filmmaker want to be in Hollywood with a million dollar contract. But it's not going to happen. FIND THE NEW WAY TO GET INTO THE INDUSTRY.
Printable View
I seen every filmmaker want to be in Hollywood with a million dollar contract. But it's not going to happen. FIND THE NEW WAY TO GET INTO THE INDUSTRY.
Being a Hollywood film-maker on a million dollar is very much possible, but you have to talk-the-talk and walk-the-walk.
Granted, a million dollar contract is not 'the way in', no, that's for people who have already made it and are taking the piss out of the major studios and advertisers.
What is the new way in? In fact, enlighten me, what was the OLD way in?!!
This hollywood thing seems to popp up every now and then on this board,
personally i say Fuck Hollywood,
I think the british fim industry is begining to bubble at the moment and soon its going to boil,
I want to be in that wave, give it five years and i reckon were going to have a damm good film industry,
The secret of Hollywood lies in reading Rebel Without a Crew of How a 23 year old with $7000 became a Hollywood player.
Hmmm, well if you honestly think someone CAN make a film for $7000.....its a good book,
If you can find it read 'How a Hatchet Critic made his own film for under $5000 (and put it on his credit card)' I think thats the title.
Its a little more realistic than Rodriguez book and quite illuminating. (I thought)
But I say PANTS to Hollywood. Who gives a toss about it? Its certainly not my Mecca.
You can also make your own film site. Many have done it and now are reaping the benefits. A good example would be www.ifilm.com or www.eveo.com or www.shortbuzz.com
Hollywood might not be your Mecca but it's my Mecca. I do sometimes which that I could live in the U.K. and Europe. And the reason I wish that is because you guys have such great talent that it is good to learn from other countries. It gets boring sometimes being an American but that's all I know. I need to change my perspective on things and mabe I will change my mind and say that Hollywood ain't that great. Hope I get the chance to one day.....................
Personally, I don't even like the films that come out of Hollywood, so I would not want to work there. I wouldn't want to be part of any industry. I just want to do my own thing. In my opinion, the best and most interesting of filmmakers are not a part of Hollywood in any way. That place kills creativity and originality, and for the most part, people just get burned there.
-N. Foster Tyler
The Mecca I am aiming for is the reality of the events and places depicted in my films.
And anybody who can't face up to the realities of being 'part of an industry' is probably going to go hungry or slip into the apathy of their day job.
I'm sure not everyone in Hollywood is an asshole, just as they are not in Shepperton or Ealing etc.
I don't hate Hollywood, or its films, there *is* room for everyone. In fact, there is not much in life that I do hate.
What I don't like is people who resent Hollywood for it's success, these are probably the same people who own an iMAC, but that's a different story :-)
Instead of being a filmmakers that gets hired be the one hiring the filmmaker in different methods.