I know you can buy it by bidding for it on eBay, but that's a route I'd rather avoid. When is it going to be distributed?
Thanks!
Tom,
Interested in seeing a movie shot on S8
Printable View
I know you can buy it by bidding for it on eBay, but that's a route I'd rather avoid. When is it going to be distributed?
Thanks!
Tom,
Interested in seeing a movie shot on S8
I have thought to put my own Lost-Tribes-experiences here couple times, but haven't had time to do it before.
Anyway, here is my story of dealing with mister Pacini:
-Over a year ago Matt himself contacted me (he has found my email address from ebay) and offered me his super 8 feature at price 15 USD or something.
-I replied him that I'm living in PAL country, so if he had PAL-version VHS-copy, I'll buy one
-He answered that He had couple PAL-version VHS-copies left
- I agree the deal and send money order to him ( I think the total payment was about 28 USD including shipping from USA to Finland)
- He contacted me writing, he had received my money and will send the film to me very soon
- About 3 months after I asked him, where is that film, I haven't received it.
- He answered something like that: "Because of WTC-case 11th of September 2001 our post traffic is very slow, so be patient"
Summa summarum:
I have been patient (we Finnish people are allways patient!) now over one (1!) year, still no package, no contact from him or anything else.
I can smell a little ripp-off here ... [img]mad.gif[/img]
I have received many other packages from USA to Finland (including this great Workprinter-3 from Roger) after that, so I don't think the package have lost during shipping, but it can allways be one possibility. Perhaps Matt himself could give an answer for that.
Anyway I'm very satisfied, that I have supported by this way one independent filmaker giving him 28 USD for free!
So keep on filming Matt, but by using this kind of ripp-off attitude with foreign people won't be the best way to advertise your product.
I'm waiting Matt's own words for this case.
Best Regards
Jukka Sillanpaa
email. [email protected]
As far as i know Matt is the only person selling Lost Tribes on Ebay, so you would be getting it directly from the source. I got mine from him off ebay and had no problems. Unless you just want to avoid ebay all together for some reason I would reccomend getting it from him, then you can avoid middle men.
Brian
I don't think Matt was trying to rip anyone off -- he took over a month to get my video to me and I live in the same state! I think he's just a bit disorganized.
All i know is that i ordered mine off ebay from him and recieved it in about a week. Sorry to hear about your troubles.
Brian
Thanks for the info.
Matt announced last summer that he had sold the film to a distributor. I was wondering if the distributor had released the film yet.
Tom
What is special about lost tribes? Is it shot on super8mm? How long is it? What is it all about? I would like to buy but but but subtitle??? Jerome, deaf filmmaker
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Jerome Cain:
What is special about lost tribes? Is it shot on super8mm? How long is it? What is it all about? I would like to buy but but but subtitle??? Jerome, deaf filmmaker</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's a full-length feature shot entirely on Super-8 in Northern California; mostly on K-40. Matt Pacini wrote, produced and directed it and got a distribution deal for it. I don't believe he has a subtitled version -- contact him directly to find out more.
Sorry I didn't respond to this posting earlier, my computer was in the shop (for the fourth time in the last 6 months), which is part of the reason for the couple late mailings I've made, incidentally.
OK, first of all, I do not rip people off.
Look at my ebay feedback.
Over 300 positives.
Second, Jukka Sillanpaa, I DID mail your tape, I had no idea it never got there.
You should have told me that. All I knew is that it was late, then I never heard from you again, so I assumed you got it.
You should give someone the benefit of the doubt, before going on a public board like this and slandering them, and as far as "smelling a rip-off", you previously contacted me, asking for a tape for free, saying you were a European film distributor, and wondered if I would send you a tape for distribution consideration.
Nice trick to get free tapes, eh?
So who is the "rip-off" here?
Anyway, if you will email me your address again, I'll gladly send another tape to you.
And your request for the PAL copy is the ONLY reason I paid the extra high price and special trip for 5 PAL transfer copies that I had made. You don't get price breaks for 5 tapes, and I've sold exacly one other PAL copy, at a loss.
The only person being ripped off here is me.
OK, now that I've vented, I'll give whoever is interested, the full story of my film distribution situation...
I did in fact have a distribution deal with Revoution Filmworks, but a couple months back they decided to terminate their distribution arm that handles films that do not originate with them.
Soooo.....
My film rights reverted back to me, which is OK, since I never saw a dime from the deal anyway (predictably).
So I've been selling it on ebay again, but I will admit, I haven't really been pushing it like before. Many times I go for days or even a couple weeks without re-listing it.
So, if anyone is interested in getting the film, just email me directly, and I'll gladly sell you a copy and skip the ever-increasing ebay fees.
It's $19.99 which includes postage in the U.S. Outside of the U.S., it's another $5.00.
It's about 86 minutes, shot all on Super 8 film, my first cut was on film (never do that again...), re-edits were on Premier, with Cakewalk Pro Audio and Soundforge for audio.
Any other questions about it, feel free to email me.
Thanks!
[email protected]
Sound like a pc to me which it is a piece of crap (p.c.) ought yourself to have a mac instead since I been on pc for ten years and I gave up and apple made my movie life much easier,... Altought I can fix the pc and do not have time to fix the crash thing which eat a lot of my time. However subtitle? Any possible to have tape with subtitle if not then can i have discount for that because I am deaf. However I can offer my service to add subtitle if you do not want then I want to add subtitle through your script for my world's sake,... help with each other somehow? Many thanks and Matt, i have no think less because we are super 8mm family! Hang in there and aim for success of your lost tribe movie! Have a good holidays! Jerome, deaf filmmaker