Quote:
Originally posted by MovieStuff:
Alex, despite our personal differences, you will find that I have made it a point not to talk about you on other forums that you have been excluded from, after you're gone. In fact, there have been times that someone posted a criticism about you on unrelated threads I started and I deleted those entire topics while pointing out it's unfair to make statements about you that you aren't able to respond to. I think this is only fair, such as it is, and following this rule we have managed to stay out of each other's paths, all for the better of our readers. As such, you should reconsider making statements like the following:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="verdana, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2.0" face="verdana, sans-serif"> by Alex:
Super-8 has always been mired by posers who really want to work in 16mm and 35mm, and CAN'T WAIT to leave Super-8 for "greener" pastures. I'm not one of those, but it's pretty clear that my biggest objectors, (Roger and Mattias) fit that model quite well.
<font size="2.0" face="verdana, sans-serif">For the record, I am pushing 50 and have a long career in my past working in everything from super 8 to 16mm to 35mm to HD24P. I have provided special effects in all guages for countless low budget productions, as well. At this point in my life, ALL I DO is produce super 8 equipment and have left my 35mm and and 16mm days behind far behind me. Anyone that has visited my website at
http://www.moviestuff.tv
can attest to my dedication to the super 8 medium and my committment to helping the independent super 8 and 8mm producer. Your statement above is so very NOT true and is very much in tone what started our dissagreement a long time back. It would appear that nothing has changed. If I'm a typical "poser" then super 8 needs all the posers it can get.
Quote:
by Alex:
Yeah, it sounds harsh, yet my comment was based on actual posts that you and Mattias have made in the past. I recall one of the first things Mattias posted after being a super-8 finalist in a competition was he couldn't wait to shoot his next film in 16mm.
I also recall you saying very early on, within days of joining Mike Brantley's forum..."nobody would shoot Super-8mm if they could afford 16mm." Everything that followed on Brantley's forum was directly a result of that comment by you. (Mattias's comment was much more recent). In retrospect, as soon as you posted that comment, I should have e-mailed Mike Brantley and asked him for a clarification.
If I had, I would have probably gotten a milquetoast response from Brantley, and it might have been enough of a sign for me to start my own Super-8 forum right then and there. Instead, I foolishly believed in being loyal to the forum that I had been on for 9 months as I hoped that your words could be addressed so as not to make the Super-8 forum be classified in the manner you had described.
In a nutshell, that was the turning point on that forum. Your belief that it was anything else is I what I object to. Alex
<font size="2.0" face="verdana, sans-serif">
Quote:
Originally posted by Corey:
So they actually banned you?
<font size="2.0" face="verdana, sans-serif">
Quote:
Originally posted by MovieStuff:
No, Corey, "they" didn't. There is no conspiracy here. Andreas's forum isn't run by committee and neither is Mike's. If Alex isn't allowed to post on those two forums, then you need to ask Andreas or Mike the reasons. They both have an email link and a private message link. I respectfully suggest you use it instead of speculating.
Roger
<font size="2.0" face="verdana, sans-serif">
Quote:
by Alex:
LOL. While what you say appears to sound right on, then explain how neither of these two "moderators" have ever on their own e-mailed, ever, not even once, of their own initiative. You are asking Corey to do something that neither of these two "moderators" have ever done. After the hundreds of posts I contributed to on Brantley's forum and the hundred or so posts I contributed to on Shooting 8mm, I never once got any kind of communique unless I initiated it.
Alex
<font size="2.0" face="verdana, sans-serif">
Quote:
Originally posted by MovieStuff:
What's not "fair" is for Alex to post uninformed statements like the one above and then expect me not to respond.
Roger
<font size="2.0" face="verdana, sans-serif">
Quote:
by Alex:
I don't mind you responding Roger. It would be nice if I could respond to comments made by others about me on other forums. Like when Calgodot (or was it Chas), claimed that I thought they had something to do with my film not being viewed at last years Attack of the 50 foot film reels. It was a completely inaccurate remark, but it resides on the Shooting 8mm forum with no response from me.
More importantly, I cannot make contributions to topics where no one has previously responded to, the ones where a newbies question goes unanswered.
Alex
<font size="2.0" face="verdana, sans-serif">
Quote:
Originally posted by Corey:
Ericmartinjarvies, Roger, and a few others at the shooting 8 forum it seems are always fighting. I don't even read their stuff anymore.
<font size="2.0" face="verdana, sans-serif">Well, again, being uninformed by not reading isn't quite the same thing as reading and determining who the real culprit is. I was hardly the only person that objected to Eric. Virtually the entire board is tired of Eric's attitude and behavior. The fact that I am willing to call him on it makes me an easy target for those that don't bother to see the larger picture by reading. Ironically, you benefit from the end result (on other topics) because the number of inane questions and assuptions presented as fact are reduced. [quote]Originally posted by MovieStuff:
-------
Quote:
by Alex:
[QB]
and yet, when I responded to Mr. Jarvies anti U.S. post a while back, 3 or 4 others came to Mr. Jarvies defense, and I was banned around that time. Careful, or you could end up having to post here. [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img] Alex
<font size="2.0" face="verdana, sans-serif">
Quote:
Originally posted by Corey:
Well, I spoke up and mentioned a permenant ban. Boy did they jump on me for that.
<font size="2.0" face="verdana, sans-serif">
Quote:
Originally posted by MovieStuff:
No, "they" didn't, Corey. Cal was really the only person that actually called you on your suggestion. Again, there is no conspiracy here and the forum isn't run by committee. Roger
<font size="2.0" face="verdana, sans-serif">
Quote:
by Alex:
But Corey still makes an excellent point. Permanent Bans s-uck, and frankly, they teeter on a form of personal slander or libel against the person being banned, ESPECIALLY when no attempt was made to contact the person by the moderator to discuss what was being considered. Alex
<font size="2.0" face="verdana, sans-serif">
Quote:
Originally posted by Corey:
I'm not even going to attempt to post back on that thread. I've taken the Shooting 8 forum off my favorites list, I'm just tired of the same old stuff.
<font size="2.0" face="verdana, sans-serif">I don't understand your logic. You can ignore an entire forum but can't ignore specific threads? Considering that the problem you speak of is limited to perhaps one or two out of, literally, hundreds of useful and educational topics, I think throwing out the baby with the bath water to be a bit extreme, don't you think?
Quote:
by Alex:
I would consider the baby/bathwater comment to describe exactly what I have been through. Yes, a lifetime ban is a bit extreme, especially when the moderator just made a bit appearance every now and then to show who was boss, but never actually communicated in private via e-mail.
<font size="2.0" face="verdana, sans-serif">I don't really care what forum you post on, Corey. There are lots of them and Alex has one here that you like and that's what matters most. But consider that the very action you and Alex are engaging in is the catalyst for what you find so objectionable in the forums you've abandoned.
Roger</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2.0" face="verdana, sans-serif">
Quote:
by Alex:
Psst, Corey, did you get my Personal Message in which I addressed the very thing Roger is talking about. (That Alex sure is a meanie, isn't he!)
<font size="2.0" face="verdana, sans-serif">