Those are some impressive numbers. Beside the VPAK and the Map controller I/H/E what other modifications do you have on yur car? And are you running 6psi?
------------------
00 ITR#1416 JRSC
Printable View
Those are some impressive numbers. Beside the VPAK and the Map controller I/H/E what other modifications do you have on yur car? And are you running 6psi?
------------------
00 ITR#1416 JRSC
I am runnig 6psi, I also have JR's BTC, higher fuel pump, Clutch Specialties heavy duty "street" clutch and disk, Type R flywheel, & suspension work. Stock internals and injectors.
------------------
Romans 5:1,John 3:16
96 red GSR w/mods..like a JRSC.
I think lowering the vtec engagement point will always have gains on a JRSC'ed Honda. Here's a plot with a Si equipped with an EBL that shows the before and after of lowering the VTEC point by about 1000rpms.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?...207&Sequence=0
------------------
Mods
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zip:
I think lowering the vtec engagement point will always have gains on a JRSC'ed Honda. Here's a plot with a Si equipped with an EBL that shows the before and after of lowering the VTEC point by about 1000rpms.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
It was my understanding that the increased overlap of the VTEC cam lobes was actually somewhat detrimental to boost, since the overlap allowed some of the pressure to escape the cylinder before combustion. People have always seemed to say that either disabling VTEC altogether, or significantly *raising* the VTEC engagement point (to 6000+ rpm) was better for boost.
Could it be that it is that way for H22A, but not B18? Anyone with experience care to shed some light here?
Thanks!
Cheers,
Ben
------------------
99 Prelude SH
--------------------
The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little ones and zeros, little bits of data---it's all just electrons.
My real-world dyno results indicate that vtec engagement @ 4400 rpm does in fact yield a substantial increase in hp and tq:
http://members.home.net/w-higgins/dyno2.jpg
------------------
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by UberLude:
It was my understanding that the increased overlap of the VTEC cam lobes was actually somewhat detrimental to boost, since the overlap allowed some of the pressure to escape the cylinder before combustion.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well dynos speek louder than words. There is a significant gain on all these three dynos posted when vtec is engaged earlier in the rev range on a H22, B16A, and B18C. If people still don't believe it...then I think they've been reading too much Endyn. http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/smile.gif
------------------
Mods
[This message has been edited by zip (edited August 19, 2001).]
Latest dyno sheet with JR MAP & VPAC. I also have 15" Te-37 and Type R flywheel. Here's my link:: http://community.webshots.com/user/jchcinmax
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/038/Lg/lg/mX/GK87102.jpg
------------------
Romans 5:1,John 3:16
96 red GSR w/mods..like a JRSC.
[This message has been edited by jchcinmax (edited August 18, 2001).]
[This message has been edited by jchcinmax (edited August 18, 2001).]
[This message has been edited by jchcinmax (edited August 18, 2001).]
[This message has been edited by jchcinmax (edited August 18, 2001).]
[This message has been edited by jchcinmax (edited August 18, 2001).]
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2kbill:
My real-world dyno results indicate that vtec engagement @ 4400 rpm does in fact yield a substantial increase in hp and tq:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Wait a minute... that dyno shows significant gain throughout the *whole* powerband, not just at 4400. What else changed?
------------------
99 Prelude SH
--------------------
The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little ones and zeros, little bits of data---it's all just electrons.
JRCivic & Uberlude -
Sorry for not being clear in my post. I was trying to respond to the statement that the more aggressive VTEC cam, in a supercharged application might be counterproductive. I posted my before JRSC/after JRSC dyno only to show that there was a noticable upward spike at VTEC, for both HP and TQ, with the JRSC. I think moving the engagement point even lower would be a good thing for my setup. This is what I was calling attention to:
http://members.home.net/w-higgins/jrscvtec.jpg
Sorry for the confusion.
Best regards,
Bill
------------------
Art,
Yeah..gotta give props to Jesus, the provider of all good things!! http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/biggrin.gif
------------------
Romans 5:1,John 3:16
96 red GSR w/mods..like a JRSC...:: http://community.webshots.com/user/jchcinmax