I don't know if I'm willing to take part based on what I'm reading here. It's making me reconsider paying Scott any money for this league.
Smack's problem
Printable View
I don't know if I'm willing to take part based on what I'm reading here. It's making me reconsider paying Scott any money for this league.
Smack's problem
from what i read his subscription ran out prior to him winning the championship and the first time he won it there were not 25 subscribed members .. sorry but i see no reason why he should complain.
He pays the money to have fun playing a game with friends and whatever else ... he doesnt pay and play just to try and get a free season.
This is no way changes my mind and if you think you cant continue due to this then im sorry to hear that .... hope you stay but if you dont i understand.
ALSO AND THIS IS JUST ME
I like league 31 however their is a different vibe there then in other leagues I am in.
I can pretty much guarantee you (okay 99%) that the old timers like myself, dono, dodos, dickyknee, twinkie, dafreak, obity and others wouldnt even think what Scott did was wrong or like some of those guys said ...
<font size="2" face="Sylfaen, Verdana, Helvetica">.............Quote:
BasTray
Derr. He's a tosser.
He pulls the 100% automated shit anytime something goes wrong, yet he was able to recredit dams account after I complained continuously about dam paying my subscription. Mind you he would NOT give a refund. *wank*
Again the guys in league 31 have been there awhile however its a different way of thinking there, nothing against them but i think Smack is wrong in how he is dealing with this and how he thinks he should get a free season for things he didnt do write.
WHAT I WROTE TO SMACK
so let me get this righ
the first time you won it all there werent 25 subscribed teams like there is suppose to be to get a free subscription and you felt you were snubbed
now you win again but your team wasnt subscribed when you won it all like it is suppose to be to get a free subscription and you felt you were snubbed again
..... Looks to me like he has all the right not to give it to you but hey maybe thats just me!
L31 started chat. Chat has generated a good deal of revenue for Scott. Numerous owners have joined numerous leagues to be with friends they met in chat. L31 people staff the chat room and are the moderators. We constantly give advice and support to new owners. I've spent countless hours in chat helping people. Our message board thrives and L31 owners have created new owner FAQ's and guides to the draft among other things. We embrace new owners and create money for Scott. What do owners get when they come to the hostboard, the 'official' simgalaxy message board? Z's semiliterate rants. What do the official FAQ's look like? Garbage. If you try to use the sets as they're listed in the official FAQ have fun ever trying to win anything.
Scott should embrace the productive owners in our league that are lining his pockets. Sure we get hyperactive owners from other leagues that call us whiners or what not. But Scott above others should realize when he's got something good going for him. How many people have connected in our chat room and joined other leagues because of us? Countless. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.
<font size="2" face="Sylfaen, Verdana, Helvetica">My biggest problem I have with it is it seems like he's shafting one of the best leagues in Simgalaxy. Who do you think are a lot of the people who you see in chat? L31 owners but then it seems like 3/4 of the people who play this game don't bother with it. So I guess that means chat's a worthless thing. But then again how many people have gotten either into L31 or met one of the L31 owners in chat and then moved on to another team or tried to get into L31. I would suspect quite a few.Quote:
Originally posted by Fasttracker:
This is no way changes my mind and if you think you cant continue due to this then im sorry to hear that .... hope you stay but if you dont i understand.
I also like this recent post from Snowglare in our L31 forum:
"I could do a writeup on the draft, among other things, and proofread. I worry, though, because Scott is always going on about keeping certain things secret. Would he really want an in-depth guide to be available? Especially if we say things like "draft vitals will absolutely always fall within these ranges" and "Help is dead wrong about the way these sets match up". Regardless, it's a fine idea, and you can count on me to contribute just as soon as my head stops spinning from the usual offseason hullabaloo. Busiest time of the simgal year."
Snow is worried that a well written FAQ would be objected to by Scott! If that's not bad I don't know what is. Scott should be praising people like Snow who put hours and hours into his business. Instead Scott complains that Snow is revealing SG secrets or doesn't like it when Snow points out that the official guide is rubbish. Perhaps it is because Snow is pointing out flaws in the game? Perhaps Scott doesn't want to take the time to correct the flaws? Scott should recognize Snow for his hardwork, not complain.
HERE IS THE DIFFERENCE:
1. Snow finds problems and emails Scott one on one and says "Scott look at this, yada yada yada"
GOOD JOB SNOW
2. Snow writes to Scott and tells him the above and then post's everywhere that Scotts creation that he has worked long and hard on is rubbish and crap and needs to be fixed because its just all wrong.
BAD JOB SNOW
............ am i the only one that can see the difference here?
L31 did not create the concept of chat, they may have created the current applet i have no idea or at least sourced it, however i believe the first chat was created by KingZ
there are a number of us who have been here a lot longer than you guys in L31 and at times we have all helped even if its only with feedback
basically smack didnt follow the rules and expected something for nothing
just the type of customers every business man can do without cause all you do is take up resources with bitching and moaning when really its your own fault anyway if you dont like how scott handles things and ive only ever found him to be fair and curteous then piss off
Like i tried saying above ... the guys in L31 are really great and do a lot for their league however they are a different kind of GM ...
But everyone is on the same level no matter if you talk every day or help create the game ... ive put a lot of work into this new league but I dont expect anything in return
well except for Scott to make sure I win against Twinkie everyone time we face off of course
<font size="2" face="Sylfaen, Verdana, Helvetica">thats bullshit scott has to protect his product and if theres a how to manual that anyone can follow and basically play like an experienced pro cause they have read it then where is the fun in learning from experience, you shouldnt be able to just know everythingQuote:
Originally posted by Smackhead:
Snow is worried that a well written FAQ would be objected to by Scott! If that's not bad I don't know what is. Scott should be praising people like Snow who put hours and hours into his business. Instead Scott complains that Snow is revealing SG secrets or doesn't like it when Snow points out that the official guide is rubbish. Perhaps it is because Snow is pointing out flaws in the game? Perhaps Scott doesn't want to take the time to correct the flaws? Scott should recognize Snow for his hardwork, not complain.
its like a formula everything in Simgalaxy is based on a formula if each formula is figured out then all you have to do is follow them and youd never lose never make a mistake and the game would be boring cause you would know every possible outcome and be able to dictate them
just like when we all figured out the trianing formulas from way back when ... scott had to redesign the game again
thats a lot of work on his part so i am sure he isnt to happy when new things are brought out to the attention of all
Sure he has the right. And I have a right to not give him a dime of my money. He's a businessman, or purports to be. You don't become succesful when you treat your customers in this manner. So his 'reward' system has failed to reward the L31 champion in 2 out of the last 3 years. L31 is one of his top 2-3 leagues. I've been a customer for 7 seasons (8 if you count my year in L2). Our league currently has 29 subscribed owners. It's just bad business.
I think you are missing the point ...
You were not subscribed when you won your championship you said that yourself ... the free season is only given if the league has 25 or more subscribed teams at the time of the championship and your team is subscribed as well when you win it all.
Each time you have won it you have only had one or the other but not BOTH!
....................
I mean should he just give it to you because you have been here for so long or because you do so much for this league? You contribute so much and you are a main reason this league is as good as it is but each league has a person that loves to do so much more than is required or asked for but that doesnt mean they should be given special treatment or extra stuff when they didnt in fact earn it under the rules.
If he gives you the free season when you didnt have BOTH rules then what happens in another league when their are 24 subscribed teams ... I mean that guy is close to shouldnt he get it? You do it for one you will have to do it for all!
Sorry man i just dont see how you are right on this issue ... you knew the rules and what it took to get a free season and you didnt have them both ... I mean you won it all thats the main thing the free season is just a bonus that is good if you get it and "oh well" if you dont.
FT
sour grapes [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
Heh, I'm being insulted by a twinkie.
Where's my free subscriptions? I've arguably done a lot more for SimGalaxy than Smackhead has. Where's my freebie? I won two league championships in league 1 of football. There were not enough subscribed teams so I never once complained about it. If I didn't get a free subscription, then why should Smackhead? Yes, I did create the first chat room. It was popular, too, but then MSN changed to pay chat, and that was that. Where's my free subscription? L2 is almost 100% subscribed. Why? Because I tried to get people to sign up on a daily basis. I coaxed and persuaded some of the best and most interesting people in SimGalaxy to sign up for L2. Now it's been almost 100% subscribed ever since subscriptions started being sold. Where's my free subscription? Three of the SImGalaxy message boards I designed to make them look interesting and a little different. One won message board of the month, and the other was runner up. Where's my free subscription? The reason I didn't get a free subscription is beacuse I didn't earn it. There is certain criteria that has to be met in order to receive the free "bonus" that it is. Bonus, not entitlement. Is it Scott's fault that Smackhead procrastinated? No. People look to fix blame on others as quickly as they can. What ever happened to being a man and taking responsibilty for one's self? Think of it as a cheap lesson. Don't let your subscription run out if you plan to keep playing.
the biggest problem i see here is it seems that smack thought he would get the free season and therefore didnt subscribe knowing that if he got hte free one he wouldnt need to for another 3 months, then when he didnt his plan was thwarted and felt the need to complain ... that is how it appears whether or not it was that way no one can prove but that is the perception given
you are right thats what i felt when i first read his post yesterday however i didnt bother to mention all that because their were to many other valid points to point out .. like he didnt earn it
Who just posted using Z account???? That was far to logical, selfdepricating and sensible to have been Z. But whoever it was, is correct, if you want to be a long term part of this simgalaxy community, subscribe!
dicky