I just watched Foxes tonight and I love this movie. Cherie Currie is great in this, just great!
Printable View
I just watched Foxes tonight and I love this movie. Cherie Currie is great in this, just great!
Hi Skatepunk
I love it too! I watched it many times (also I own it on DVD now), it's one of my cult youth movies along with Over The Edge, Times Square, Little Darlings of that era - Do you like the music soundtrack of the movie too? I adore it! Unfortunately I have never been able to find it here in England....Janis Ian's Fly Too High and of course On The Radio by Donna Summer/Giorgio Moroder were the only ones I could get.
Cherie Currie's performance is absolutely brilliant, particularly considering that she had no previous acting-for-the screen experience at the time, beating the like of Rosanna Arquette and Kristy McNichol when she auditioned. Adrian Lyne saw the the talent in Cherie and she pulled out a wonderful performance!
Now for a little music appeal:
Does anybody know who sings the song that starts immediately after Annie/Cherie escape from her deranged cop-stepfather, right after the girls say "That guy's sick!", "What are we gonna do?" and Jeanie/Jodie Foster says "Call the cops?"....???
I have been searching for this song along with the whole Foxes soundtrack for long long time unsuccesfully - would love to know at least who does sing that gorgeous song and see if I can find it here.
Thanks very much!
Kindest regards,
Lory
x
Hey Lory,
I don't remember off hand, which song is used at that point in the movie but here are the songs by other artists on the soundtrack album, so unless it's not on the sndtrk album, it should be one of these.
Shake It - Brooklyn Dreams
Bad Love - Cher
20th Century Foxes - Angel
Greedy Man - Keith Forsey
Virginia - Angel
Hollywood Dreams - Giorgio
Hope that helps. If not I can figure it out later.
Gots to run!
[img]graemlins/film.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
Gus
PS Welcome to Cherie's board skatepunk!
I too love this movie! I had never discovered Cherie until I saw it in 84.
She was great in FOXES, for sure! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
Hey lory i went and dug out that record from
my closet.and here's all the song's on it.
1.on the radio-donna summer
2.fly to high-janis ian
3.shake it-brooklyn dreams
4.bad love-cher
5.valley of the doll's-instrumental-giorgio
6.20th century foxes-angel
7.greedy man-keith forsey
8.virginia-angel
9.hollywood dream's-giorgio
Every time I hear Donna's Summers "On the Radio"
I immediately think of the opening scene from Foxes.
Great soundtrack , it's unfortunately with all the moving around I've done over the years it got lost in the shuffle,
but I still have the paperback [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]
Planet,
That's funny because I do the exact same thing. I can never hear that Donna Summer song without thinking of Foxes and the stellar performance that Cherie put forth. Of course I don't think it compares to her acting in Wavelength. That's the one I'm waiting for on DVD.
Hugs
Mike
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I did not know there was a book!Quote:
Originally posted by PlanetSorrow76:
it's unfortunately with all the moving around I've done over the years it got lost in the shuffle,
but I still have the paperback [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]
Thanks for the ejukation Planety! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
Are there pictures??? Extra dialogue? [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]
I'll be adding that to my want list, for sure!
[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]
Gus
I remember sitting in a cinema with the 3-D specs on watching Cherie in Parasite. I don't want to give too much away, but I wasn't happy with that parasite's attitude towards Cherie in the film - it needed a good talking to, if you ask me.
Yes, i seen this film, about 5 hours ago, I knew the Runaways but I don't understand immediatly, that it was Cherie Currie who was there.
My poor english is missing words to describe,her perfection, and the greatnest on this role.
PS: I'm so sorry for my english, excuse me I'm french^^
[/qb][/QUOTE]I did not know there was a book!
Are there pictures??? Extra dialogue?
Gus[/QB][/QUOTE]
No pictures , or extra dialogues , although it is somewhat , slightly differnt as is with all books made into movie. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
After watching the movie I noticed
here were two songs NOT on the soundtrack ,Boston "More Than a Feeling" and one by Bob Segar
[img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]
Thank you very much indeed Gus and Homegirl for the info, I'll try and look again here to see if I can find that gorgeous song!
Cheers gus!!
:-)))
Lory
xx
It does sound like Bob Seger, sort of.
The Bob Seger song, in the credits, is called SHIP OF FOOLS. I found the lyrics to
that song, however, they don't match. Maybe they credited the wrong song?
Pretty much ruled out the others too. Furthur investigation is definately needed.
Dang, that's a baffling FOXES question Lory! [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]
Thanks for the info about the book Planet! [img]wink.gif[/img]
Welcome to the board Transylvania! Consider your french pardoned!
Nice to see you here! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
I would have loved to watch Parasite in 3D raintownboy! [img]cool.gif[/img]
Take it EZ everybody!
[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
Gus
Hey Gus there was a bob seger song in that movie
ship of fools it was off his night moves album.
Oh Foxes. How I Love The...and yeah that Donna Summer song not only makes me think of Foxes but somehow comforts me when i hear it and i'm not a big Donna Summer fan in the slightest. It just takes me back to a simpler time when Rock -n- Roll actually meant something.
What a cowinkydink, I went to the Library Saturday and they had a box of books for sale (25c per paperback) and I dug around and found....Foxes! It is pretty good shape, but it has that old book smell...LOL
The photo on the cover is a still from the movie, Cherie looks so thin and sexy in that black outfit, but Jody Foster was so airbrushed, she didn't look right.
I'll try to scan the cover and post it later this week.
rog
Hi all! Long time since my last post here & nice to come back. "FOXES", what can i say?. It's one of my fave films. I like a lot On The Radio by Donna. And Cherie was so convincing and great in her performance ... That's how i started loving her.
kisses to Cherie and all of you.
Vic
I love this movie so much, because of Cherie's and Jodie Foster's roles. I love the soundtrack, too [img]smile.gif[/img]
Welcome back my fellow Foxes fans, Shades of Gray, Foxes Fan and Furik! It's good to see you have all returned to the World Famous
Cherie Currie (from Foxes) Message Board!
I, of coarse, LOVE the film and Cherie, too! [img]graemlins/film.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
Wow Mr. Ella! That kind of cowinkydink is just downright scary! Do you got some sort of supernaturalness going for ya, or what?!?! [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]
Have a GRRREAT weekend everyone!
I intend to, 4 sure!
[img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
Gus
Thank you Gus, I'm sorry I can't be more present on the messageboard, but I happen to read you from the computer at work [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
Hi Gus! This site rocks!!
Hi Vicente! I tend to agree!
This is a most excellent message board!
Cherie Peeps ROCK!!!
For sure!
[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]
Gus
Gus your so cool to make this board what it is.
Thank you sweet home alabama girl! It's peeps like you that make this place so special and it's been a pleasure to make your aquaintance, hereabouts!
[img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
Gus
Gus..
You really are the absolute BEST!! This board would be nothing without YOU!!!!
You are the glue that holds us all so tightly together.
I love you and thank you with all my heart!
xxxxxx [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]
Cherie
Thank you SuperGal! errr, I mean Cherie!
That post means the world to me!
Love you so!
[img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
Gus (1 happy CCamper)
I'll second that emotion Cherie andHomeGirl
Gus, you were the first person to help me out when I started here and offered your hand in friendship. You're very fun, dedicated and I adore you. We have lots of great times [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]
hugs and kissezzzz!
Cass
[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]
Thanks for being my wonderful friends
Cass aka MichaelaMichaela and NewYorkJettster aka #3. //-o\\
You are both shining stars in my book!
______4 sure!______
[img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]
Gus
annnnndddddd speaking of Foxes:
I see that it will be on TV on the Encore Channel Thursday March 22nd [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
Just my luck! I don't have Encore! [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img]
I think I'll watch my DVD that night and "pretend" I have Encore! [img]wink.gif[/img]
YEAH!!! That's the ticket! I'll pretend I'm paying to watch it! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]
The important thing is that I'll be watching FOXES!
As if I'm the only one!!!
[img]graemlins/film.gif[/img] [img]redface.gif[/img]
Gus
[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]
I have tomorrow a free long sunday to re-watch my great FoxesDVD ... What a lovely message Cherie posted to you Gus!! What a great people is in this forum, sad because i'm so far from all of you but glad for treat me so well!! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
kisses from spain,
Vicente.
Thanks Vicente!
I count YOU amounst the great people in this forum!
It's always nice to see you hereabouts!
I hope your recent viewing of FOXES was FANtastic!
Actually, I'm sure it was!
Later bud!
[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
Gus
as for my absence here it is due to the fact that one of my screenplays is being adapted for a movie and I've been on the road with my band all this time. in June we drop our cd and then out on tour again I'm afraid. I'll try and drop in here more often though if i can remember.
Hola Shades!
It has been a while!
Cool about your screenplay! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]
Welcome back to Amigo Land!
http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/smilies...d/sombrero.gif
Gus