Since the initial FA signing was never completely hammered out and the draft is nearing completion, now would be a good time to make sure we're all on the same page.
Shall we have them clear waivers all at once, or ask Scott to stagger it? It might be a good idea to have 30 per day available starting at the top of the list? If we do all at once, that's about 150 players up for bids.
With the hard limit we have in place, it will be impossible to exceed the salary cap. If you bid on a FA and the bid amount takes you over the cap, you won't get the FA. Do we want to change that to allow "over the cap" bids during this initial time, or leave it the way it is?
Also, depending on the decisions to the above, there may be a lot of cutting of players currently on the teams. Waivers are set at 2 days, but since everyone will be in the process of making their teams anyway, might we want to drop that to 1 or 0 to speed things along?
Finally, according to the rules we can cut any player currently on our roster, but if you sign a contract with a FA longer than 0 years, you're stuck with him. Do we want to relax this rule since we're just getting started, or is holding firm better? Holding firm might shorten the time since people will have to be more careful, plus once they've filled their salary cap, they'll be done. On the down side, with people releasing the players already on their teams, it might be possible to "sneak one past" and cut that BA FA they just signed. I'd probably say hold firm to the rule, but that's just my opinion.
Anyway, these are just the issues I thought of. What are your opinions? Any important issues I missed?
