I have heard that John auditionned for Dirty Dancing last month. Does anybody know any more about this or have any thoughts on it?
Laura - perhaps you could ask him when you see him in Aberdeen this month?
Debra
Printable View
I have heard that John auditionned for Dirty Dancing last month. Does anybody know any more about this or have any thoughts on it?
Laura - perhaps you could ask him when you see him in Aberdeen this month?
Debra
About those thoughts on DD. [img]wink.gif[/img] Sure I'd be great to see him in the show. I've liked the movie since I was born (and it was 1986 - the same year DD was made). And, of course, we all know John can dance his ass off.
Anyhow, go Johnny-Johnny-Partridge-Castle.
So, any new info?
I heard that rumour as well! We have tickets booked for the final night in Aberdeen, the 27th of this month, I'm soooo excited! Of course I will ask him, if I remember! I'll have to give you my phone number, Debra, you should text me to remind me. I have a habit of talking nonsense around the lovely John as I'm sure he'd tell you himself!
Love and Hugs
as always
Laura
I heard that rumour as well! We have tickets booked for the final night in Aberdeen, the 27th of this month, I'm soooo excited! Of course I will ask him, if I remember! I'll have to give you my phone number, Debra, you should text me to remind me. I have a habit of talking nonsense around the lovely John as I'm sure he'd tell you himself!
Love and Hugs
as always
Laura
I heard that rumour as well! We have tickets booked for the final night in Aberdeen, the 27th of this month, I'm soooo excited! Of course I will ask him, if I remember! I'll have to give you my phone number, Debra, you should text me to remind me. I have a habit of talking nonsense around the lovely John as I'm sure he'd tell you himself!
Love and Hugs
as always
Laura
Hi Laura. Good to hear from you again. I visit your fan page loads but I don't post because I do find the comments of some of the younger posters a bit troubling. I guess it's knowing that my daughters are not far off their age. Bless them. If you e-mail me your mobile no I'll definitely text you on the 27th to remind you about DD. It would be great if you could also check with John that he is going to be at Sommernacht the following Saturday as Kido and I are going!
Enjoy MS in Aberdeen. Debra x
Hi everyone, I know I'm not here much anymore. But it's the same on our german CATS-board. With CATS so far away from where I live...there isn't much to say or ask.
And John seems so far away as well at the moment, nobody seems to know what he's doing. If he really joins "Dirty Dancing", where will that be? anybody knows?
And Enessis, fantastic wallpapers!!!! I'm amazed! they truely are teriffic!!!
About the 'Sommernacht' -- well, I'm not sure if John would be taken part this year if he is in the UK at present.
Here's a homepage to watch:
http://hometown.aol.de/_ht_a/musical...s_musicals.htm
Already sent them an email asking them if they know anything about who's taking part in it this year. Lets see what'll happen.
Thanks Tuggerine.
I wish I could come to Sommernacht, but I won't. It would be too much of a financial stretch for me. (Meh, somebody should take a video camera and shoot the whole thing. [img]wink.gif[/img] *hint hint...*) BTW, I've heard rumors that somebody's got a video of one of the Sommernachts Johnny was in.
* sorry for the OT... @_O ...a big one
<font color="#990009" size="1">[ May 10, 2006 09:19 AM: Message edited by: Enessis ]</font>
Indeed there is someone who has a video clip of the summernacht, I can't remember who it was. But I had a copy of it...only..my video tape got eaten by the recorder AAAAARRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!! it was such a great recording, of John with his hair longer and in its curly way. He sang soo fantastically on it.
I only have the recording of the official cd where Johnny sang "pinball wizard". I gather that most of you have it. If not, I have it as an MP3 and can send it to anyone who wishes via email. Its bloody brilliant sung by John!!! bloody brilliant!!
I still have that little video where John is singing DIE SCHATTEN WERDEN L?NGER with another guy on stage. I think it was the first Sommernacht at Dinslaken. In case anyone hasn't got it yet I can sent it via email.
also still have those 4 Demo-version of those songs of his band. Blues now; girl inside; sushie pie; medicine man;
I also have John singing PINBALL WIZARD and HEAVEN ON THEIR MINDS from the Musical on Ice 2005 in Germany, if anyone wants it, let me know, they are MP3s and I can sent them via email. If you pm me I'll get your reply instantly [img]smile.gif[/img]
I could also mention that I have the beginning of the GUMBIE SONG sung by JOhn when he was Tugger in Hamburg. Its only a few lines but its bloody worth it. His voice is just....!!!!!!! Up to now I have not heard a voice that equals his, in my opinion of course, tastes are a personal thing.
Forgot, I also have a TV appearance of John singing with ALex Melcher "Was du Hast" (What you own) of RENT.
And a special Rent-song event with both of them singing. Oh yes, and that 5 min. appearance in a german talk show...
<font color="#990009" size="1">[ May 18, 2006 03:53 PM: Message edited by: Tuggerine ]</font>
Not really surprised but the leads have been announced today and John didn't get the part. It has gone to an Australian performer who played the part in the Australian production. We have to wait and see what he does after Miss Saigon and if the rumours of Miss Saigon either returning to the West End or going on a European tour are true and if he decides to stay with it if it does.
So hard these days to keep up with what John is doing. *sighs*
Rerina, Susan and Debra have pm-ed me about sending them stuff.
For now I sent you all the mp3 thingies, but was there one of you that also wanted some of the video recordings? I can't remember...I thought there was someone who wanted John on that talk-show during his time with RENT in Germany. It's dead cute.
let me know..via pm.. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I also just remembered, that I have CATS-HAMBURG video (a fan recording it from afar) but NOT with John in it I'M afraid.
And I have this very bad video of the last CATS-London show, but only video-ed off the screen. So it is very bad, but I guess, it's just the feel of it. Recognizing JOhn by his voice and actions... so he's not so clearly to be seen [img]smile.gif[/img]
Anyone interested in CATS-recordings in general, I have 2 TV appearances with Mungo and Teazer, and one of a radio show with Tugger/Tumble/Bomba, and a lot of much older TV-appearances, even with Sigmar Tonk as Tugger in an interview. Bits and pieces non-Johnny [img]smile.gif[/img] )
<font color="#990009" size="1">[ May 26, 2006 10:47 AM: Message edited by: Tuggerine ]</font>