-
She really needs them. I'm not going to tell her personal business but I think once she feels a little better she will come explain it all. I just wanted you all to think of her today and let her know you care.
I know how hard this is Amy and I will be thinking of you and "bubba" today. Know that I will always feel like "she" was mine too. Love you [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
-
I will be thinking good thoughts for you today Amy.
pete
-
I think I can sense from you post chele, and amy's recent ones as to what it is.
Amy hang in there.
~hugs ya tight~.........
Memories are good......nods lots and lots. [img]graemlins/broken_heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
-
[img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] You....
-
I'm sure most of you have figured it out by now. I didnt want to say anything but I think its all right to go ahead now.
Amy emailed me a bit ago and she had to make the decision to let Kirby go today. She and Mark spent the day spoiling her and feeding her treats she wasnt allowed to normally have. They made a trip to Dairy Queen for ice cream. Amy said that Kirb's eyes were tired and she knew it was time. Kirby has been a huge part of this board for 6 years and although I never got to see her in person I have her pictures here with Tango's. My heart is breaking for Amy right now. I know she made the right choice though in the end and so does she.
I submitted a candle in memory of Kirb and as soon as its approved her photo will be up on the site. Hope you all will visit.
Amy hang in there..we love you
In memory of Kirby Puckett
If you all dont see her picture click on the blinking star in the right corner.
<font color="#790a1d" size="1">[ January 18, 2007 07:34 PM: Message edited by: Chele ]</font>
-
[img]graemlins/broken_heart.gif[/img]
-
man .....
heres to the kirb....
all the stories I was told made me laugh like hell
*raises the [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] *
-
I figured thats what it was. My heart is breaking for her too. I remember the feeling well.
Much love chloebebe. I'm thinkin of you. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
-
You would be right Kass..I feel so badly for her today and the days to follow. God knows we all go thru it but its so hard..so sad.
memories are a good thing and I know she has many..even I have them..she shared her with us all didnt she.. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
-
awwwwwww, chloe.... [img]graemlins/broken_heart.gif[/img] i love you, sis.... [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
-
I was hoping you would turn up John. I know amy will appreciate the stories and all the care being shown.
-
aww chloE...
i always loved hearing stories about kirb...
but at least you'll always have those to go by..
i'm so sorry honey...
lots of love and hugs
hang in there bebe
gosh these things are never easy
-
[img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
-
aww poor lil demonic beauty...my heart aches for you*hugs n smooches*
-
I've had a feeling this might happen for a while from reading Amy's posts, but it's still a real shock to wake up to...
Most of you will know that I've been to stay with Amy on a couple of occasions, and of course I met Kirby when I was there...The bond between Amy and Kirby was truly special, and a delight to see - they suited each other perfectly.
I'll never forget the very first time I arrived at Amy's - Kirb followed me everywhere for that first evening...not out of fondness, I don't think, but in more of a "I've got my eye on you, Mister" sort of way *L
Luckily, I managed to win her round, and before I left, Kirb seemed to think my lap was a nice place to be...The only problem was that she had these massive paws, and whenever she jumped up or down from my lap, those paws seemed to land exactly in my "bread basket". One time on my second visit, she literally winded me by hearing Amy's sister arrive and launching herself at the door in readiness, with all her weight on one paw in the pit of my stomach *L
One other thing of Kirb's that I'll always remember is that while she would be on my lap, I would gently scratch her behind the ears, which would make her give this happy little sigh...and she would want me to do that for hours...literally so *L Sometimes I would think she had fallen asleep, and would stop scratching her - and she would immediately lift her head and bat my hand with her nose, as if to say "It's okay, I'm not asleep...you can keep doing that" *L
I know how much love Amy had for Kirby...and because of that, I know that Amy would always make the right decision for her. No matter how hard it was, Amy wouldn't want Kirby to have a low quality of life, and would have hated seeing her suffer...Giving Kirby a day of treats was a wonderful way to say Goodbye to a wonderful dog...
Kirb...I'll miss you
[img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/dog.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
-
Chele what an incredible picture of kirby you left in memorium.
I was able to click on the link and saw it.....and yes, the Kass teared up many of tears.......been there, done it two times in my life, and it never gets any easier..... [img]graemlins/broken_heart.gif[/img]
Thinking of the Demon [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]
-
I want to thank all of you for all of your thoughts and goodness.... Everytime I read here I get teary and cannot respond but I think finally today I can express what needs to be said.
I loved Kirb to the utmost... it killed me to bring her to the vet, and when Mark walked away with her...I sat in the lobby and wailed...to the point the vet asked if I wanted a private spot to go to...
Kirb just walked away... ready to please us and see what on earth had brought her to the vet... [img]confused.gif[/img] ... I feel so bad like i've betrayed her... like she was going for a shot or something.
I did talk to her earlier in the day and tell her to go find my dad right away... and go find the fat guy JOhn CAndy... cuz he'd probably be good for table scraps... I told her I loved her beyond all the kibble and car rides in the world... she still had on santa claws collar and I don't know if they kept it or what... I just left, didn't even stay to pay. $69 ... what a bargain.
We had a good day before she left us though. I've spent the better part of 2 weeks sleeping on the couch in the man room because she needs to go potty 5 or so times over night. IT's easier than keeping one ear open and lightly sleeping on a different floor. This way, she slept right on top of my left side [img]wink.gif[/img] That morning I fed her right from my plate at the breakfast bar... hehe...toast...peanut butter....she had a look on her face like.. "FOR REAL?" hehe...
That afternoon we played outside with Wilma but Kirb hasn't been too play friendly the last week or so... she tolerates WIlmas bites and taunts.. but before she'd put the turbo run on her. Wilma might weigh 40 pounds more, Kirb was lightning fast and would outrun her to the end...
THen we went to the Dairy Queen and she had a medium vanilla cone.. and had her head out the window all the way to the vet, her ears soaring in the wind... even tho it was wicked cold out!
I had 10 years and a few extra months with her... what more could I possibly want?
My heart wishes for another goofy looking dog with ears that point in different directions again.... I hope I find one.
I truly believe that the best compliment you couold give a loyal, loving pet after they've died is finding another pet to love with all the gusto you gave your previous one....
So with that.... some day I will be looking for.... one goofy looking dog...
whether it be a pure bred 1000 dollar gem
or a 35 dollar gem from the humane society like Kirb