-
A PM Addy just came in the mail, and instead of waiting for my birthday, my fiancee let me open her now!!!!
This is my first experience with textured hair, so I don't know what to do with it. It feels kinda dry to me, and when I run my fingers threw it, they always get stuck, but I can gently coax it apart. Is this normal?
Do you have any tips for me???
-
I searched for jenndon's thread for you. She had emailed the seller from my Addy. My Addy's hair is really soft and manageable and I plan to follow this advice in order to maintain it that way. I'm sure you can use the Downy dunk too, but this thread was specific to Addy.
http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ult...f/2155/t/21787
-
Here are some pics when I first received her.
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c1...ol_05/Addy.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c1..._05/Addy25.jpg
Right now, I just have to spritz with water and brush out her hair every once in a while like I do for Samantha.
Congrats on your Addy! Enjoy her!
<font color="#051E50"><font size="1">[ December 28, 2005 02:32 PM: Message edited by: marisol05 ]</font></font>
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ December 28, 2005 02:34 PM: Message edited by: marisol05 ]</font>
-
do you know how I should cover the doll's eyes, and her body? should I use a towel, or a plastic bag maybe?
-
If you are just spritzing a towel will do.
If you are dunking, I would recommend carefully taping down plastic, and putting a towel over that
-
I'm glad you got your Addy in the mail! I thought that her hair was very dry also when I recieved her, but everyone here told me that was normal. I found that her hair looks best when braided tightly in the back. I thought she was prettiest with her hair down in the head band from her striped outfit.
-
Thanks so much for this Addy! I think I am going to try the conditioner thing, and see how that goes. I can't imagine the steaming from the downy dunk being good for her hair.
By the way- do you know what is on her cheek? I am wondering if a Mr. Clean magic eraser would take it off? Also, are they abrasive enough to take off her face paint? I don't want the paint damaged.
-
I honestly don't remember anything being on her cheek. It's funny that you mentioned the magic eraser. I actually brought it yesterday and it worked wonders on my dolls. My PM dolls' faces were a bit shiny and the magic eraser made them look MUCH better. It's really amazing, they look new. I highly recomend it.
-
My PM Addy had very dry hair and when I would gently run my fingers through it they would get stuck and little mats would come out of her hair kinda like brushing a Persian cats hair. She looked fine when I braided it in her original style but she couldn't wear it down because so much of it had broken off. I tried the downey dunk and it really didn't help much. I think her hair was too damaged. I ended up replacing her wig and I'll post pics in my imagestation in a few minutes. I hope to someday own an Addy with really good hair.
-
I have a 1993 German Addy who has VERY textured hair. Here is what I do: First I spritz her hair and then with my fingers gently, starting at the top, divide her hair into small sections and unknot all the knots through to the bottom. Keep spritizing as you go along. Then I gently comb each section from the bottom to the top. It works pretty well and keeps her hair neat and tidy for awhile.
-
I also have an 1993 Addy with a ton of hair! I always try to keep it in a braid or bun, and about once a year I try to give it a good brush, but is very hard to manage. I would love to hear how the conditioning goes, because I might consider that on my Addy.
Thanks, Jessica
-
I think that my PM Addy must have good hair. Let me tell you why I LOVE to play with it. Because it is textured, and so not smooth and "finished" looking anyway, I don't worry about messing it up, if that makes sense.
But, like I said, she came to me with her hair in seemingly good shape. I haven't done anything to it, but I have brushed it and braided it, etc etc.
Edited to add the picture of my work today--in her Cape May Outfit with the bow used as a headband:
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...n/100_1744.jpg
<font color="#051E50"><font size="1">[ December 29, 2005 12:32 PM: Message edited by: jenndon ]</font></font>
[THUMB]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c328/jenndon/100_1744.jpg[/THUMB]
<font color="#051E50"><font size="1">[ December 29, 2005 12:35 PM: Message edited by: jenndon ]</font></font>
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ December 29, 2005 04:18 PM: Message edited by: jenndon ]</font>