-
Ms Lohan falls into disappearing actress trend
http://entimg.msn.com/i/300/celeb/Li...16_300x298.jpg
May 16, 2005
Does this look like someone who needs to drop a few pounds? Didn't think so. But Lindsay Lohan believes that if she went arm to twiglike arm with some of her fellow streamlined starlets, she'd look like she was carrying extra baggage.
"... Compared to a lot of actresses my age, I'm actually overweight," the alarmingly slimmed-down teen queen tells Teen Vogue. "There are so many really, really thin girls out there."
(Perhaps one of them could give the once super-shapely beauty a mirror and a grilled cheese sandwich. Too mean? All right, moving on ...)
Lohan has dismissed eating-disorder whispers, attributing her skin-and-bones bod to a loss of "baby fat," and she tells the magazine she "feels good" about her new figure because "you can fit into more things."
When she's not explaining her disappearing curves, Lindsay is attempting to burnish her image by addressing those pesky rumors surrounding her active social life, including her much-discussed club-hopping and supposed trysts with the likes of Bruce Willis (denied by all parties and later retracted) and Christian Slater (also denied).
"I always want to be perceived as normal and wholesome, because it's relatable," the PR-savvy star tells the Los Angeles Times. "I hope people think I'm wholesome. It's hard after what you read in the magazines, that I'm dating every guy who's like my father's age. But that's not me."
Still, Lindsay does cop to receiving a stern lecture about her partying ways from Buena Vista studio chief Nina Jacobson before beginning work on the unfortunately subtitled $50 million family flick "Herbie: Fully Loaded," which hits theaters June 22.
"At the time, I was going out every night because my friends were and I thought if I wasn't going out then I was going to miss out on something," the world-weary actress explains. "I've a lot of younger fans too, but I didn't think about that. I was, like, 17, and I was like, 'Cool, I get to go to a club and hang out with people.' They sat me down and talked to me about it. I was like, 'Yeah, I need to make sure that I'm there on time.'"
Lindsay also expresses frustration over why she's not taken as seriously as lesser tabloid targets Keira Knightley and Scarlett Johansson, who, at 20, have just two years on her.
"It's hard for me to have to watch that," says Lohan, who reveals she would have loved to audition for Natalie Portman's Oscar-nominated role in "Closer." "I work just as hard as those people and sometimes [the media] make it seem that they're more mature because their fan base is more mature and my fan base is younger ... so they're writing about me going out all the time. It's easy to over-publicize me."
Lohan, who will soon begin work opposite Meryl Streep on the Robert Altman-directed prestige pic "A Prairie Home Companion," insists she's all about the professionalism. "They have put a lot of money into the movie," she tells the paper of "Herbie." "And they need to make sure that the person is going to get the job done and be there. I'm a young kid and I have a lot of pressure ... [but] I know work is work. This is business."
the link
-
Re: Ms Lohan falls into disappearing actress trend
She needs her weight back.
I mean besides what normally got her attention *cough*, she wasn't the smallest girl but wasn't a big girl either, she had some meat on her bones and looked good, healthy and good. These overly obsessive small look makes them all look sickly.
-
Re: Ms Lohan falls into disappearing actress trend
The thing that gets me is this statement:
"... Compared to a lot of actresses my age, I'm actually overweight," the alarmingly slimmed-down teen queen tells Teen Vogue. "There are so many really, really thin girls out there."
.....to a TEEN magazine. Girls already have enough unrealistic and often unhealthy images forced upon them to question their own self-image, without some skinny actress actually coming out and saying she's overweight.
-
Re: Ms Lohan falls into disappearing actress trend
She resembles a bobble-head, and even her skin is looking unhealthy now.
Fear not though - she can't possibly maintain this ridiculous weight.
-
Re: Ms Lohan falls into disappearing actress trend
i like my women a little chunky...ha....lohan needs a fudge round...
-
Re: Ms Lohan falls into disappearing actress trend
and a fudgesicle [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
-
Re: Ms Lohan falls into disappearing actress trend
-
Re: Ms Lohan falls into disappearing actress trend
There is no possible way that she has lost that much weight.
-
Re: Ms Lohan falls into disappearing actress trend
-
Re: Ms Lohan falls into disappearing actress trend
To quote Rick James........"Cocaine is one helluva drug!"
-
Re: Ms Lohan falls into disappearing actress trend
to quote ben stiller "shes phat. ph...phat."
Ill take her out to burger king and we';ll get this settled out.
-
Re: Ms Lohan falls into disappearing actress trend
Chick needs a few Big Macs.
-
Re: Ms Lohan falls into disappearing actress trend
Well the blonde part is for a movie
hopefully the weight loss is too
My god, she should know her big breakthru was her mmmm big breakouts...and with all that weight loss, she looks a bit less "woah" and a lot more "where did they go"
-
Re: Ms Lohan falls into disappearing actress trend
Yeah, I heard the "blonde" was for a movie too. Hardly blonde though; orange is not flattering on anyone. I know! I don't think the weight loss is for a movie...especially since she catagorized herself as "overweight" when she was obviously not at all.
By the way, do you work for People Magazine, writing their captions for them...with those cute catch phrases and rhymes? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
-
Re: Ms Lohan falls into disappearing actress trend
i thought she looked great before...but that is just plain nasty now
-
Re: Ms Lohan falls into disappearing actress trend
she looked good at this weight.........
-
Re: Ms Lohan falls into disappearing actress trend
how do i put a picture on here without making it a attachment that u have 2 click on and download [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]....just wondering for the future
-
Re: Ms Lohan falls into disappearing actress trend
What the ____ happen to her? It must be that Hollywood trend of being nothing but skin and bones. IMO that crap is nasty. Like most of you have said on here, I too like a little meat on my girls. Thank of all her fans who are young girls. Do you think they too think they are overwieght and need to lose a ton of weight?
-
Re: Ms Lohan falls into disappearing actress trend
Wow....how can she think that she looks good....that is just plain nasty the way she looks. She looked so much better at the weight she was before, I never saw anything wrong with her then. I just can't believe how much she's lost....nasty...
-
Re: Ms Lohan falls into disappearing actress trend
She looks anorexic (sp) or on something.
Not sure how that is suspose to help her.
Or maybe she is just really sick?
That does not even look like her and way to thin.
-
Re: Ms Lohan falls into disappearing actress trend
I was just thinking Karen Carpenter. It may just be me though, but i've never thought that the Olive Oyl look was hot [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
"My anaconda don't want none unless you got bun hun"
-
Re: Ms Lohan falls into disappearing actress trend
yeah............. im going to send her some twinkies in fanmail. poor girl. She seriously has to have soemthing wrong with her
-
Re: Ms Lohan falls into disappearing actress trend
I think she looks horrible now. To quote Rodney Carrington, "I like my women like I like my chicken with a little bit of fat on the end, not too much, not too little, just enough to make me grin" [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
-
Re: Ms Lohan falls into disappearing actress trend
She looks horrible like that! She really needs to just gain some weight back. I never thought that she looked fat before!!