Episode 3 is the greatest one of the lucas StarWars Saga!Just got back a little while ago from seeing it was everything I was expecting! so who all has seen it!
Printable View
Episode 3 is the greatest one of the lucas StarWars Saga!Just got back a little while ago from seeing it was everything I was expecting! so who all has seen it!
I was thinking about going and see it this weekend.
I went to the midnight showing..I liked it!
me and a couple of my friends are goin saturday
I have officially seen the flick and it was definitely a dark tale. Star Wars fans had said that Empire Strikes Back was the darkest tale of the trilogy....this one makes Empire look like a day at the beach. One thing I didn't expect: It was a really sad movie. Other than that, the only knock I have against it was that there was not enough time with Vader in the suit. Otherwise, excellent.
Glad to hear you say that MikMo. I have not went to see it yet, and I am only reading very little about it, just because I want to be a little in the dark about it. I knew that it should, and better be a sad, dark movie. You just made me feel a little better about it before I go to the theatres.
One of the funniest things was there was a part where it got really quiet in the movie and you hear this big snore! I noticed people turning to look....one of my sons was fast asleep! After waiting for this movie for so long!
I went to the midnight showing Wednesday, and I have to say I think it's my favorite one. It was very dark, but I loved it.
I have to say Ole Mace Windu was the baddest of the bad. He was giving one heck of a beat down until.....well no spoilers here. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Finally got to go see the movie Sunday (not the cheesy version I had....found part of) the other day, and it was beautiful. Visually it looked good, and for the most part, not so CGI-looking. The story, with a few minor flaws was pretty good, I can see the Titanic comments that Lucas had made (doomed, you knew what bad was gonna happen, just had to sit and watch it happen). Tied some of the past things together, left a few good questions. Christiansan (sp) was much better this time, most of the acting was pretty good.
My rankings are
1)Empire Strikes Back
2)A New Hope (Star Wars)
3)Revenge of the Sith
4)Return of the Jedi
5)Attack of the Clones
6)Phantom Menace
And I really do think this one was close to being on level with the first Star Wars and considering that not a kid seeing it, all the advancements in technology, the other epics that have been seen since Star Wars, that is impressive. I believe this will jump to #2 in my rankings with more viewings, if it holds together as well with repeated viewings.
As with the other two new ones, I was disappointed with this one as well. My main problem with the new episodes was with the amount of technological advancements used. I think Lucas went overboard with the graphics in the new ones, opposed to keeping it simple.
I didn't like the amount of animated droids that appeared in the new ones. (Think of the droids in the originals, none were as sophisticated as the ones in the new ones) Also, the cities looked far more sophisticated and advanced in the new episodes, and my final beef is with that rediculous creature Obi Wan rode around during the movie. Other than on Hoth in Episode II, I don't recall too many animals used as transports.
I have many more complaints with the new episodes, but I'll limit myself.
I kind of think you have to let some things go. I mean its like watching Star Trek Enterprise and thinking wow this stuff took place before the original Star Trek...
As to kind of defend, we really didn't spend much time in 'cities' in the episodes 4-6. I mean we were dealing with more remote places. Tatooine, Hoth, Endor. I mean Cloud City was our fancy place, but we were also told it was small enough for the Empire to not notice (which wasn't true...but still). And we had the sandpeople on creatures, the rebels used creatures on Hoth, and in the third one, only place we were that creatures would have made sense was with Ewoks, who were to simplistic. I know that a big part was Lucas playing with new technology, and showing off, but I think that being able to let yourself not try to critique everything is the key.
Oh and as for the droids, remember in the Star Wars: A New Hope, when they go into the Cantina, they don't want to serve droids or 'their kind'. Maybe you got to think that they kind of neglected or toned down after that point.
I guess I have been overly critical of these 3 due to how good the first 3 were. I did love the last 1/2 of this recent one when everything got tied in with the original 3.
I was displeased also with some of the characters throughout the new ones. Most of which were the ones created digitally opposed to actual human actors.
I'd rank my favorites as...
1) Return of the Jedi
2) A New Hope
3) Empire Strikes Back
4) Revenge of the Sith
5) Attack of the Clones
6) Phantom Menace....
With Revenge not far behind Empire....
1. Empire Strikes Back
2. Revenge of the Sith
3. A new hope
4. attack of the clones
5. phantom menace
6. return of the jedi
but i LOVE them all so it doesn't matter
It would be impossible for me to rank any of the new 3 above the original. I don't see how any true Star Wars fan could. That's like saying you like digital fighting Yoda over the old, wise puppet Yoda. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Emipre strikes back
a new hope
revenge of the sith
return of the jedu
clone wars
phantom menace
I haven't seen the last three Star Wars movies.Is this the order that they were made?
A New Hope
The Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
Clone Wars
Phantom Menace
Revenge of the Sith
everything is right except the phantom menace came before clone wars
Which one actually introduces Darth Vader? I mean when he becomes Darth Vader,I know he was in the first one.
Return of the Jedi was my favorite from the first three...
Return of the Jedi is the best of all!
I like the Ewoks!!! I guess that is why that I like Return of the Jedi best
In reply to:
"Also, the cities looked far more sophisticated and advanced in the new episodes..."
As well, the ships in the original trilogy looked worn down, i.e., the Millenium Falcon. This was due to the Empire hoarding resources for its' constant battle against the rebellion. The Republic suffered monetarily from that.
i heard Episode III sucked..
you heard wrong my friend...lol...j/k man, i think it is good, its worth $6 to see