I have Adelphia, and for the last few months it has been awful. Seems like it is off as much as on. Anybody else having problems?
Printable View
I have Adelphia, and for the last few months it has been awful. Seems like it is off as much as on. Anybody else having problems?
I used to have problems with mine all the time, do you have the terayan tj 715 cable modem? I havent had a problem out of mine at all!! how long have you had it?
you can check your connection speed and everything at this site. it is very accurate.
www.atl.speakeasy.net
I have a Motorola. HAve had it for about a year now. My receive, send and online lights just go off. Sometimes for houre. When I call Adelphia they just tell me there is a problem in this area and they are aware of it. I tell then H... I'm aware of it too !!
ahh they always say that, i could call right now give them my info and they would say that. they do a lot of updates on it constantly that screws with certain people and not others. where do you live at?
Had Adelphia once and just give it up. Why pay a fortune to get dial up at what Adelphia cost? So i swithced back. Got tired of paying a fortune for the same speed or service.
I live in Big Stone Gap
wow that is strange i live back in a holler in appy and mine hasnt been acting up. it may possibly just be your modem or something. i havent heard of many other people complaining but maybe when a few more people see this post they will let us know something
Mine was off earlier today. I seldom go over 3 or 4 days in a row without it going off.
Could be tons of things. Modem, if its just a slow connection it could be spyware. Try turning off the computer and modem for 2 minutes.
If they continue to give you bad service find another ISP. That is uncalled for and if its some sort of issue they should have already had it fixed for you.
I go through the turning off process a lot. I don't want to go back to dialup, but this gets on my nerves, big time.
Diets 17 is my nephew. He is one smart dude. Tell him what is going on he will do his best to help you.
He has helped me out. And best of all he knows what he is talking about.
it could be a bad connection in the wiring somewhere too. i clipped mine and respliced it and fixed it. helped out a lot actually. another thing could be all the crazy freaking weather we had there for a while.
Try Verizon DSL. Right now they have a good deal going... keep the cable until your DSL is activated.
DSL is better IMO, if a lot of ppl around you have cable you might actually be sharing a connection. They dont seem to tell you that when you sign up for it. DSL is a controlled speed that comes to your house through your phone line, it doesnt tie it up either so you can use that phone line to talk on the phone at the same time your on the internet.
Basicly Cable has a lot of potenial for speed, but it will drop off if others around you are also using it. So basicly your paying for a lot of potenial, and your in case, no results.
I don't know anything aboue DSL. How does it work?
You have a box, just like cable, though the connection runs through phone line instead of through cable. Though it goes through your phone line, your phone can still be used, unlike with dial up. Verizon DSL in this area is very good, I dont think mine has had any downtime in over 2 years and i think its cheaper. Also, your download speeds will be around 1/5 of a megabyte per second. Thats blazing fast, 200K per sec. Cant beat that for a cheaper price and with no downtime either.
I'm not even sure what I'm paying for internet service. I think it is $42.00 or something like that.
I believe Verizons new deal is 29 a month with a free wireless router(means you can hook up more then one computer and if you have a laptop with a wireless card you dont have to hook it up at all"...one year committment though.
In 2 years I have just went down once, and that wanst Verizon's fault some dummy drilled through a cable over in Appy town and half the towns phone service was down.
I don't mind the year as long as it is good service. I don't mind that price either. Beats 40 something.
I think they have great service. Never had a problem, any time I called their tech support they always answered my questions good.
I will be calling them bright and early in the AM. I appreciate all the help, all of you. Thanks
My Adelphia is doing fine, just trun off computer, unplug modem, and let it set for a while, then hook it back up and restart.
I get 300-400 kbs,I have done some tuning on mine though.
I have unplugged my modem, turned off the computer and let is sit for over an hour and nothing. Sometimes all my lights go off and in a few seconds come back on. They replaced the modem once. I don't really think that is the problem.
Sounds to me like bad wiring of the cables then....or you might just want to try to replace the cable that runs to the modem.
Either that.. or just get DSL... [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
But seriously.... if you have had this problem, and had this problem... and thier tech support cant fix it or tells you its an issue in the area... then thats just bad service all together and they dont deserve your business. If it was a problem in the area... then everyone would be complaining about it.
haha alright now diets, did i not say that a long time ago?
I dunno Rock... I never read your posts.... [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
lol
Well I read everybody't posts and I appreciate all the help. Each and every one of you.
As I said I would do I called Verizon today and ordered DSL. Should have it up and running on the 7th. I couldn't believe it was so much cheaper. That's just icing on the cake.
I thank all of you for your help and all the info.
I've never had problems with my Adelphia.
I recently found out Adelphia has 'DSL speed' packages - cheaper than their regular cable packages. I pay $18/month for it.
The Verizon is 19.95 for 3 months and then 29.95. I would go with Verizon now anyway. If Adelphia had a lower priced service they should let their customers know. As far as the service I have never been happy. Problems for the past year. They came and replaced the modem once but after that is was just like "Well, so what". I didn't like that at all.
We have Verizon at work - no problems there....I'd wager you'll be happy with them.
And I found out about the lower price strictly by chance when I contacted customer service about my cable TV. They sure weren't advertising that price.
Mine is being slow right now. It let me log in and load up the forum but it wants to be slow at loading the topics.
Mine is slow too. I'm just fed up with it. Time for a change.
We used to have verizon dial up....hated it, my dad loves the DSL though....the dial up support was horrible, we could not connect they FINALLY told us that our modem was too new it was a V92 not V90 and they just didn't support it, they suggested we get and older modem
I love my cable internet though, I have never had any problems that were not corrected right away.