-
New Truck Decision?
I am in the process of making a decision of what kind of truck I am going to buy within the next month. I have narrowed it down to a Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab, a Chevy Silverado 1500 Extended Cab, or a Toyota Tacoma Access Cab...
What do you guys prefer...I'm leaning with the Dodge Ram w/ the Sport package...any comments or persuasions?
-
Re: New Truck Decision?
i would stick with 'OLD' BLUE and save MONEY,,
-
Re: New Truck Decision?
if you want a truck that will last forever with very few breakdown's you can't beat the Toyota
-
Re: New Truck Decision?
Well, I'm a die-hard Dodge loyal.
But Unchained would tell you to buy anything but the Dodge. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
(We agree on a lot of things...just not on vehicle manufacturers!)
-
Re: New Truck Decision?
I use to be the biggest "buy and american car" type out there but the sad but simple fact is that the GM, Ford, Dodge vehicles just don't hold up like the Subaru's, Toyota and Honda's do. Sepaking from experience of having vehicles from the Big 3 and vehicles from other makers I'll take an "import" most of the time now. A few exceptions would be one of the new Mustang's and a couple others that I couldn't pass up if I had the money. But If I'm buying for the long haul and less worries it will not be one of the Big 3 till they start making cars as solid as the Import brands.
-
Re: New Truck Decision?
Toyota...foreign vehicles are far superior to any piece of crap America puts out.
-
Re: New Truck Decision?
But whenever you have to replace a part on a forein vehicle it makes it a hasstle (sp?)
-
Re: New Truck Decision?
I'm a diehard Chevy man...Go with the Silverado
-
Re: New Truck Decision?
i dunno my dad has a toyota....he has not had any trouble like that. This is his second one, the first was bought used, and my sister has that car now, dad bought a new one a couple of years ago.
-
Re: New Truck Decision?
Well I am a chevy fan. If you are goin to get a 1500 series then I would get a schevy, you cant beat them, but if you ever decide to buy a deisel I would definately go with a dodge!!
-
Re: New Truck Decision?
I feel MUCH better about your football predictions ,hahahaha. </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Toyota...foreign vehicles are far superior to any piece of crap America puts out
[/ QUOTE ] Toyota is proud to build on a new manufacturing plant in San Antonio, Texas. This plant, representing an $800 million investment, will manufacture our best-selling pickup truck, the super tough, Toyota Tundra. As the fourth-largest automaker in America, Toyota is committed to expanding our manufacturing operations here, and we're thrilled to add San Antonio to the worldwide family of communities where quality Toyota products are built using many U.S. parts. I do think the Toyota plant in Lexington is the closest to home . [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] What was the JIB/Appy score you called again? Get the Ford Lightning, best p/u performance wise.
-
Re: New Truck Decision?
it may be built in America but it is still a foriegn owned company. Why do you think it is such a big deal that they are trying to race Nascar and it was such a big deal that they got a truck in the truck series.
-
Re: New Truck Decision?
Speaking as someone who works on all types of trucks on a daily basis, I sell and install truck accessories. I would stay away from the dodge, their not as well built as the chevy or toyota. Of the other 2 they are both well built and reliable, what are you gonna be using the truck for. If you want to use it like a truck go with the Silverado, if you just want someting to run around in and say you have a "truck" go with the toyota. For working and towing the chevy will outperform the toyota.
-
Re: New Truck Decision?
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Toyota is proud to build on a new manufacturing plant in San Antonio, Texas. This plant, representing an $800 million investment, will manufacture our best-selling pickup truck, the super tough, Toyota Tundra. As the fourth-largest automaker in America, Toyota is committed to expanding our manufacturing operations here, and we're thrilled to add San Antonio to the worldwide family of communities where quality Toyota products are built using many U.S. parts. I do think the Toyota plant in Lexington is the closest to home . What was the JIB/Appy score you called again? Get the Ford Lightning, best p/u performance wise.
[/ QUOTE ]
You placed something I was going to say spuds. The odd thing is now, most "American" vehicles are Latin America at best. They are being made south of the border. Most "imports" are more domestic than anything since they are produced in the US for the most part.
-
Re: New Truck Decision?
Maybe the CEO pay compared to a US car maker's CEO would tell a little better story. Do you ever look to see if anything is made in the US, how about the union labels? The labor unions helped build this country too? And Do you have any Idea what DAIMLER Chrysler IS? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
-
Re: New Truck Decision?
One more point- anybody that looks at a front wheel drive body tied to a a rear wheel drive frame, choked to 355 ci limit, where the drivers are sent to school to learn to TALK after the race, not to work on the engines ... well you must see my point. These fans KILLED the Camaro and Trans-am, if enough stink had been raised to run the rear wheel drive products, all of 'em would still be here. At a family gathering my cousin's husband was all " My Ironhead Monte Carlo" till the kid mentioned the fact the mustang gt was parked around the corner. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]If the Toyota plant bothers you , ya better look at voting for some folks that will PROTECT this country and there haven't been any of them on the ticket in a long time. If someone doesn't move, we will wake up and find that the Japs and Chinese will use the last court decision to take land from private folks to finish their project. Don't believe me, go to Gatlinburg and see how many shops are owned by people of more than 2 generations in this country. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
-
Re: New Truck Decision?
Why not just go all out and get a Chevy 2500 HD Crew Cab Duramax Diesel w/ Allison Transmission?
-
Re: New Truck Decision?
Well since Ford isnt in the running then go with a Toyota.
-
Re: New Truck Decision?
-
Re: New Truck Decision?
toyota would hold up the best