Was in wise today gas is at 2.67, cheaper than anywhere I have seen in the immediate region.
Printable View
Was in wise today gas is at 2.67, cheaper than anywhere I have seen in the immediate region.
and in some places in BSG it's STILL 2.86
Going down.
THe cheapest gas I've seen this summer is not in SWVA, NE TN, SE KY, or Western NC. It's in South Carolina. Gas over there is at least $.15 cheaper than here.
It's been $2.69 in Wise for several days now and BSG is no where near catching up yet. The lowest in town (as of this afternoon) is $2.79. Highest was $2.86.
when gas hit $2.50 and stayed there it caused me to switch from full size truck to Honda Civic
Most of the places in BSG now it's 2.79. Was just commenting to a friend about that earlier this evening. Was telling him that if gas was this high back in the days of cruising the Gap, we'd have been doing a lot more of just sitting on the corner, watching the richer kids cruise through town!
Don't go to the gas station near Lowes. I was there today and it took 30 minutes to pump $40 worth of gas.
According to the handwritten notes on the Wise Food City pumps, they have the cheapest regular gas in the state ($2.679).
$2.799 in Coeburn.
I waited 20 minutes for a pump at the Wise Food City yesterday. Then took 15 minutes to pump 15 gallons. I'd say they and the Exxon in front of Lowe's have done tremendous business this weekend.
Gas is always 2.80+ in gc/kpt
I put 40 in my truck not filled up drove 90 miles put 20 in it not filled up. (I don't know my math or anything about my truck but im pretty sure that sucks)
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lpdVol</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't go to the gas station near Lowes. I was there today and it took 30 minutes to pump $40 worth of gas. </div></div>
I refuse to go to that station for that very reason. It's been that way for a long time. I think it averages about 1 gallon per minute (no joke).
I'd pay the extra money to go to a fast pump
my wonderful dump of a state (NJ) is still the cheapest avg statewide in the country
locally for me gas been between 2.68 and 2.80 since about april.......some areas in the state are as low as 2.49 and the highest is still up around 2.90
This is pretty nifty.
Just enter your zip code in the site below, and it tells you which gas stations have the cheapest prices (and the highest) on gas in your zip code area. It's updated every evening.
http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gassta...?zip=&src=Netx
Food City gas station and the Exxon next to Lowes are having a price war from what I gather but are expected to go back up near the end of this week.
I use gaspricewatch.com sometimes....you really have to zoom in on the map for stations to come up in our area.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlueWahooChambor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my wonderful dump of a state (NJ) is still the cheapest avg statewide in the country
locally for me gas been between 2.68 and 2.80 since about april.......some areas in the state are as low as 2.49 and the highest is still up around 2.90 </div></div>
Yeah, but you can't pump your own gas...
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlueWahooChambor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my wonderful dump of a state (NJ) is still the cheapest avg statewide in the country
locally for me gas been between 2.68 and 2.80 since about april.......some areas in the state are as low as 2.49 and the highest is still up around 2.90 </div></div>
Yeah, but you can't pump your own gas... </div></div>
who wants to do that??
Seems like all of Wise is participating if that is the case...I just got back from the Double Kwik in Wise (the one on the main Street that goes to that crazy main red light) and filled my Cherokee up for $37...not bad for this day and time.
If you think that one is bad, then you should try the Tiger Market across from Quesenberry's in BSG
That was the one that was still $2.86 Sunday when Wise stations were $2.67 - $2.69 (and other bsg sations $2.79)
The gas retail price regulations severly limit how much of a "price war" there can be with neighboring stations (usually boils down to a matter of 2-3 pennies).
I just allways go to the Weber Metropalis Food City gas pumps...there easy to get to lol.
Was thinking about the same thing yesterday while pumping gas at the BP in BSG. All pumps seem slower nowadays. I'm sure stations can regulate speed at which the gas is pumped. Probably slow it down to a crawl due to the high number of drive-offs.
why is gas $2.66 in Wise and still $2.82 in Norton?
I have no idea it's wierd. Gas is almost always cheapest in Coeburn and Norton and Wise are usually a little higher, but right now Norton is most expensive, Wise is cheapest and Coeburn's in the middle. I think gas is like 2.75 in Coeburn now.
big stone is even cheaper than Norton
2.75 this afternoon in BSG
$2.66 at the Shell station next to the librar in Wise this morning
Here's what doesn't make sense. The gas station on Wise Mtn. between Coeburn and Wise is $2.699. They are usually at least 10 cents higher than any station in Coeburn.
WTF is going on?
Who do they have to compete with out there?
No one. It's pretty much equidistant from Coeburn and Wise.