-
The other forum
As the users of this board know, I have not said anything negative about the other board, created by former users of this board (be they long term or short term users).
I finally went to the board the other night, and I can verify that my verizon security suite went nuts. To the point it shut down the browser.
I tried to take the high road and address it on there, but since some believe you can click your heels three times or close your eyes and pretend that things don't exist, that it's some conspiracy or something, out to get them, and my attempts to be decent and explain it to them were mocked, locked and ridiculed, I'm posting what details I could get here. If a user wants to go there, that is their right, but when attempts to not hurt a board, but help it are shot down, so be it.
My post
Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:08 pm Post subject: And to address the 'virus' issue
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have came here a couple times recently, and nothing. Came on tonight, and my anti-virus popped up like crazy. I got verizon's internet security suite on this computer and the virus name was HTML/Qtp.B
Some movie[1].qtl is the name of the file it tried to load in through temporary files.
Looking it up, it appears to be something with javascript. It may be an embedded weakness in an ad, or it may be something more sinister.
LPD replied with the following
I don't think so Rock. But good try. I been here for a long time now and nothing big or bad. I think ole Bob or Titan from the CD forum. And a few others have lost their appeal on you and a few others. I think reality has begin to set in.
If you want to know the truth. The last virsus scan i ran was after being on one of the two local forums not this one. It showed the following: trojan.dropper and a spycookie: tag cookie
So i guess some need to make sure their forums are as free as they think.
The pop ups well i don't know i don't have them. I did once but since i been here they have disappeared.
One thing. I put my ex g/f name in one on who do or are you in love with. It said no. So not all pop up are to bad.
Seriously Rocket.
I don't have a problem with you. Only person i know who got pissed at you was Sportsnut, he is a friend so i can say yeah, he got really pissed. But that 6-7 posters who run the LPD forum, and yes i said posters, who run the LPD forum.
Reading the url and what i read. If any thing i see nothing has really changed as far as some things. You know what i am talking about. The only one's who can change that is those who run the forum. And by run i mean moderate and administrate.
Like i said. Nothing against you at all. But i see not a lot has changed. And no that wasn't ribbing. That is just a few messed up people. All toward me and folks from Appy. Let's see how it goes next week. Kelly and Burton. Usually a big rivalry. See how much trash talk you have. And believe it or not. No i haven't been back since the last post i made. Setting a few things straight. You got a few you need to get rid of. You know it and so do a lot of those who visit there. 2000 members and only 10 or so actual posters? That is from what a person ask me. Almost 2000 members yet only about 10 or so regular posters. Think about it Rock.
I went there again tonight (or earlier tonight, Sept 2). My verizon blew up again (I'm sure that it was another webpage I went to, just decided to go off 2 nights in a row on the same page)
Here is what I posted
I gave you an example of exactly what the virus tool showed up. It did it earlier. It tries to install a remote access extension from Microsoft. Hate to break it to you but I do know a bit about computers and viruses/trojans/rootkits/etc.
Actually down on the little bar below this screen, where it shows "Done", it had some wild web address. It was quite large and I couldn't copy/paste or anything it, and honestly when my browser hung up, I couldn't see the full thing as it was.
If I wanted to 'down' your forum, I'd have done it over there. It may not do it to you, you may have your computer set to accept things automatically or accepted the first time, I don't know. You obviously miss the fact that I am glad there is another foum, if I wanted to down your forum, I could do that easily. I made a post so it could be checked into.
You want to turn it into something more, that's your game, not mine
And aphrodite decided to lock the thread, and reply as follows
Enough about this virus stuff. If you want it checked into PM sportsnut, there is no need to post it all over the board. LPD is not a mod he cannot lock threads. I would say sportsnut locked the other one and I am locking this one. If you have a problem with that pm me or sportsnut to discuss it.
So at this point, I am warning people if you go there, be careful. When I go there (and no, its not done it everytime, which leads me to believe it is an ad that comes up on the site), it tries to install an add-on (microsoft remote access etc). Having been in contact over the years with a few sites quite a bit bigger than this site (or theirs), there are always ads that sometimes have embedded javascript code in them. The code on their itself might NOT be harmful, but it opens up peopls computer to other sites that might be.
However, I guess if you close your eyes and pretend that is not the case, it isn't.
I say screw their site, because it doesn't matter if you try to take the high road. After all, that isn't what they want.
-
Re: The other forum
Way too much Hatorade being sipped on that site.
-
Re: The other forum
That site can officially go to hell
I've tried to be positive about it, because point blank, it took some of the headaches from here and gave them their own nice padded cell.
But paranoid racist zealots or whatever the hell is there can have it.
I'm sick of trying to be decent and having people (and I use that term loosely) think that everybody is out to get them.
-
Re: The other forum
I got on it tonight, read about 2 minutes worth of nothing but negativity on basically every other thread, and rolled out. Geez people, life isn't that bad.
-
Re: The other forum
I got on there as well last night to read some of the stuff and got the exact same trojan movie.qtl or whatever it said. But they are not going to hear about it, everytime someone says something like that over there they all jump on that person and tell them they are just trying run down that board and scare posters away. I have visited there a couple of times and have had 3 of those trojan viruses picked up by my McAfee Anti-Virus system.
-
Re: The other forum
Well, Rock. I can tell you this. I post on there pretty regularly and I haven't had a problem with the site. I wasn't on yesterday and must have really missed something(argument) or whatever. The viruses/trojans have not appeared on my computer and I have a good one, McAfee. My settings are correct, my wife keeps them up-to-date. As far as locking the threads, I had nothing to do with that. I did get an e-mail from Sportsnut saying he had locked some threads. As far as defending your forum, that is great, they have the right to defend theirs, too. Yeah, I moderate some on there, but I have never locked a thread. The closest I have ever come to actually doing something is when a couple of people started naming names of high school athletes and their transfer status and the problems they were facing with it.
The reason I asked about LPD and hokiebird, was because they are the 2 you had refered to about being allowed to come back. I think that calling people paranoid racist zealots is too strong of a term. Racist is a term that should not be used lightly, as it could start a whole new "ballgame" so to speak. I like posting on there and have like posting on here. Yes, there are some on every board who carry things to the extreme. You have some on here that do. Sometimes, we all forget the fact that these are forums, and on forums, people do state their opinion. The trash-talk was a bad idea and I am glad you realized it.
Now I was glad you came and posted on there and I for one, would like to see you back but that is your choice
-
Re: The other forum
yeah lets let this guy back on our forum real quick.
i cant believe you guys were even thinking about dropping his ban. i mean after all the work we did to set up that big conspiracy theory. i know Indian_dad and Rocketeer personally would meet at the huddle house every day at sunrise to go over documentations and exchange blue prints. I know me personally, I had to drop 2 classes out the college just so I could video tape him during my alloted time hours.
But all of it was worth it.
evil laugh.
-
Re: The other forum
Nobody was talking about any conspiracy theories on this thread.
-
Re: The other forum
whats the web address for this site?
-
Re: The other forum
-
Re: The other forum
CDawg, the racist comment referred to someone else on there.
As for your computer and it not catching anything, great. Then again, yours might already have it. The process, in of itself is not a virus, and I don't know if every virus program catches it. What it is however is a vulnerability. Remote access to a computer is not bad. There are countless programs that provide it. There are a number of computer repair companies that use that to provide repair capabilities remotely. Feel free to read what I said, I posted exactly what I said on there, and the exact replies I got. Instead of 'hey it might be something, we'll check into it', it was ooooh no, you are just trying to scare people away. I can only say that when people were saying it dropped trojans on their computer before, I couldn't and wouldn't address because I did not know. Do you think that I'm trying to scare people off of there so hokiebird will keep trying to rejoin the board more than he has? And to address that, I have posted probably 10 emails he has complained about since school started back, wondering why he wasn't allowed back when everybody else caused him to be bad. He has almost daily tried to register an account on here again, yet sits there and downs this place like it's the devils playground.
I know you are on the other board, that is your right, and hey more power to you if you like that. Maybe I shouldn't have said what I said, but I must have missed the posts over there when I was dragged through the mud that anything was said to them.
As for the paranoid racist zealots, that was implying 3 different people, and all 3 are pretty easy to figure out and all 3 are probably the 3 biggest posters there.
-
Re: The other forum
I am a new member on the other site also.Only been there about a week now.I have a real big problem with reading ..take it to PM on every thread you go to it seems.I went to the site last night and the bar that says done was going crazy.Had no idea what was goin on.And yea too many pop ups.Gah they at least need to let people post and stop with the take it to PM...hahaha
-
Re: The other forum
That sounds like what I was telling them about, but of course I was just trying to down their forum.
-
Re: The other forum
What is this other forum?? Post a link.
-
Re: The other forum
I know who you were referring to regarding the racist comments, Rock. As for my computer, I have all the latest is spyware, adware, and virus protection. I am just saying that I don't have a problem on there. I know that hokie has been trying to get back on here, everyone does. I really had thought that he had learned his lesson. His loss though. There may very well be a problem with the site, I don't know and, like you, I can only let the ones who run the forum know. It has been a pretty good site for me and others to post on. This forum has also been a good site for me, too. With the exeption of a few on here, which I choose to ignore, I have had no problem on here. Just that one time with a certain poster on here, and you know who that is.
I know you allow most of the older posters on here a lot of slack and I think that is great. What I think the people who run the other forum are trying to do is to keep tempers from getting too much out of hand by telling them to take it to pm's. I told 2 on there the other day to take it to pm's because it was getting a little too personal with the high school transfers (names were starting to come out). If people didn't like that, then so be it. You have done the same on this forum before by telling them to take it to pm's. No, I don't have a clue as to why some of the threads on there were locked, I like a good debate as much as you do and I think that maybe someone may have jumped the gun a little on them.
All I can say to everyone else on here, try the other forum, too. If you like it, then great, if not, then no problem.
-
Re: The other forum
Uhhh I know what you are talking about as far as telling the 2 people to take it to pm's the other day.{I was one of them.}And I can't remember saying anyones name.But who doesn't know the kids names that transfered anyways...EVERYONE KNOWS thier names.But gah that is silly to keep all the topics in PM's. It sucks to get on a forum and be told that! And have to read it on evey other thread as well.Chill out with it PLEASE...
-
Re: The other forum
Yep, you did say his name, even went on to say it was your son. Then after I told you to take to pm's if you were gonna say names, you went and deleted all your posts on the topic. So, yeah, I think that I was right in telling you to take it to pm's, cause it was getting a little too personal.
-
Re: The other forum
I would gamble to say that we have A LOT more than 10 regular posters on this site. LPDFTBL has lost his mind, hell, they only have 10 registered on the other site and three regular posters from what I have seen.
-
Re: The other forum
Honey I think you're very wrong.I did not say it was my son..His mother did.She and I are good friends and had a disagreement and we both decided it was silly to do that on the board and deleated our post.Was something that should have never happened.But it was still not anything to tell us to take to PM's..If I said the kids name that everyone knows already...I am sorry.
-
Re: The other forum
Yep you are right IBAWILDCAT, just a disagreement. That we took upon ourself to delete the posts. It actually was a topic that neither one of us started to begin with I might add to say. Where alot of presuming was being made so since it was my son the topic was about I posted on it. Had that never of been brought up then no I never would have posted some things I did. I take responsibility for it, it wasn't IBAWILDCATS fault in this.
But I think the action to tell us to take it to pm's was a little bit quick judgement considering what had already been posted.
Also IBAWILDCAT never did call my son's name out.
-
Re: The other forum
Who gives a [censored] about this guy and the other site?
-
Re: The other forum
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: burton2019</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who gives a [censored] about this guy and the other site? </div></div>
[img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] At least I'm not alone on this .. the entire time I was reading this thread, the only thing going through my head was, "Seriously, who cares?"
I just don't see why everyone is making such a big deal about it. If they come back, just ban them and move on with other things. It's not like it's the end of the world or anything.
-
Re: The other forum
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IBA WILDCAT*</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am a new member on the other site also.Only been there about a week now.I have a real big problem with reading ..take it to PM on every thread you go to it seems.I went to the site last night and the bar that says done was going crazy.Had no idea what was goin on.And yea too many pop ups.Gah they at least need to let people post and stop with the take it to PM...hahaha </div></div>
It is not on every other thread, just the ones that we think could lead to bad arguements and cause problems like the ones about the viruses. Sportsnut knows about these claims and has checked them out. There is no need to keep droning on about it. And also like it has already been said, we tell you to take it to pm's if we think its going to get personal. Im sorry if that bothers anyone but I for one do not want to see the other forum turned into the as the world turns soap opera this one has become. I welcome anyone who wants to come and post on our board as long as the are bennificial and not just there to cause problems. Here is the link to the site that someone was requesting: http://swvasports.s10.forumsplace.com/index.php
-
Re: The other forum
But it is on there a few times.
-
Re: The other forum
Yes it is. But a lot of it is due to this virus stuff that has been posted over there. Like I said Sportsnut was aware of the situation and did take steps to have it checked out so there is not much point in making multiple postes about it.
-
Re: The other forum
-
Re: The other forum
Yes he did and it came back okay, what else do you expect him to do?
-
Re: The other forum
-
Re: The other forum
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aphrodite4evermore</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
the other forum turned into the as the world turns soap opera this one has become. I welcome anyone who wants to come and post on our board as long as the are bennificial and not just there to cause problems. </div></div>
So another words you are trying to keep out what all of the mentors of your board have always caused on this one??? Just wanted to be sure I was clear on that???
-
Re: The other forum
Sportsnut just posted on here to let people know that there was another board and welcomed new users. THAT WAS IT. As for the problems you are talking about, we do not have them. LPD & hokie posts news articles most of the time, and sometimes they make a prediction on the outcome of the games. There is nothing wrong with that. They have not attacked anyone like people on here claim they do. We just do not want the drama of this board on our board if we can help it.
-
Re: The other forum
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aphrodite4evermore</div><div class="ubbcode-body">claim they do. </div></div>
Were you not on this board when they were?? I don't think anybody is "claiming" anything...Everybody on here seen it, many, many, times
-
Re: The other forum
It was probably when I was just posting on one or two threads on here. I know a lot say that hokie was on the religious forum a lot and I never go on there so I may have missed it.
-
Re: The other forum
Here is his topics from only one week, and the religion board is so slow, no one else even started a topic all week, yet he cam up with all these.....
Forgiveness scriptures by weedeater
2 35 05/29/07 10:59 AM
by weedeater
Contradictions?
( 1 2 all ) by weedeater
12 88 05/29/07 09:45 AM
by weedeater
Interesting read
( 1 2 all ) by weedeater
12 52 05/29/07 09:43 AM
by weedeater
Colossians by weedeater
0 16 05/28/07 10:42 AM
by weedeater
Psalm 91 by weedeater
2 41 05/25/07 03:59 PM
by weedeater
Parable of the Pencil by weedeater
0 32 05/24/07 10:56 AM
by weedeater
A lunch with God by weedeater
0 23 05/24/07 10:50 AM
by weedeater
God doesn't exist argument by weedeater
0 32 05/24/07 10:42 AM
by weedeater
Psalm 4
( 1 2 all ) by weedeater
10 57 05/24/07 10:14 AM
by weedeater
-
Re: The other forum
by the way weedeater was his third name, cause he had already been kicked off twice
-
Re: The other forum
Maybe he just likes to post and since the religion forum is slow maybe he thought if he posted a lot of topics it might apeal to more people. I did know that weedeater was his 3rd name. I do not see what is wrong with making a bunch of posts.
-
Re: The other forum
I could care less if he made 50 posts or not. The simple fact is Sportsnut can say he had Bill Gates himself check it out, I posted point blank what it was doing. And then not Sportsnut, but LPD (surely they aren't the same person...I'm guessing there are tons of people who post with messages like 'you will see. there is an answer. Many say. Few know.' but anyhow, as I said, it wasn't something that came up everytime, so maybe when Billy Bob the Guru came to the board it didn't hit that time, I don't know, but when you turn a blind eye to something that could cause people problems, and pretend that it's not real, thats stupid.
Most people use their computers anymore to pay bills, make purchases, do their banking, so anything that allows remote access (or tries to install something), I think a person should pay a bit more attention to instead of trying to say 'oh you're just downing our board'
If you and yours want to stay on that board, that is fine. As you'll notice I said nothing about it on here until after I tried to go about things proper and B-b-bobby decided to try and turn it into something else. If I was trying to do what conspiracy boy thought, I'd have said it on here, and never worried about posting it on there.
I tried the high road twice. Twice was 2 times to many when dealing with some people.
-
Re: The other forum
I am on that board at least 5 times a day, usually a lot more than that trying to make sure I keep an eye on things, and not once has my virus scanner detected anything, I have not had a single pop up, not one single problem. I understand that if something was there it might not happen every single time, but you'd think since I've made almost 700 posts on there since May, that I might have had it at least once. And I depend on my computer for shopping, banking, and more importantly for my job. Im not going to do anything to endanger it.
-
Re: The other forum
You know, if I were a conspiracy theorist like some people...http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/images...ghinghard1.gif
-
Re: The other forum
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know, if I were a conspiracy theorist like some people...http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/images...ghinghard1.gif </div></div>
Conspiracy pwns
-
Re: The other forum
Sorry Aphrodite, here I thought that I worked in the computer field, even had a degree in it, and had been employed in for over 10 years. I should have realized that all that defers to 'nuh-uh'