lets hear em...
Printable View
lets hear em...
Burton by a million.
Ah they wont score that much theyll put the 2nd strign in after about 30 seconds. By the end of the night theyll have the crunch bunch in. Burton 2120 Pound 0
Do you think pound would take offense if burton started the 2nd string? Honestly?
After their past 2 games, naw I think they would understand
Crunch Bunch FTW....
WELL THAT BEATS ALL I EVER SEEN! LIGHTNING STRIKE TWICE IN ONE LOCATION ON CONSECUTIVE FRIDAY NIGHTS! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif[/img] I BETCHA THE FARM THAT NEVER HAPPENS AGAIN IN OUR LIFETIMES! Truth be told, I don't believe that the safety call was correct! That ended up costing THE Mighty Vikings the game! Ah well, we all know the boys from ClintVegas need as much help as they can get when they face the Boys from the BSG! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img] Thatsrightthatsrightthatsright! Bottom line, the cream WILL rise to the top and we all know that Phil "The Real Deal" Robbins has risen to the top of the heap 7 times himself! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] Care to tell me who has done it more often in Southwest Virginia? Any takers? I DIDN'T THINK SO! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif[/img] Just remember that come this Friday night when you go out to watch your less-than-Vikings squad take the field of play! You've got Powell Valley Vikings and those that wannabe a Powell Valley Viking! Deal with it and move on, Junior! On with how it is and how it's gonna be! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]
Ole Tommy With A Walker of the Crumble-Land District @ THE Mighty Vikings of the BSG, Phil Robbins CEO ? If you came to me and asked what would be the most lopsided matchup in Southwestern Virginia, I'd give you these two teams right here! Peeee-Yooooo! What a stinker this is gonna be! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif[/img] I've heard that the Viking waterboys were getting fitted for their uniforms for this week on Monday, and some in the Valley think they'll letter due to participation in this game! I even heard some of the girls at the Dairy Queen may be getting some PT for the Vikings Friday night! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] Anybody got a grandmother that can still walk without a cane or walker? Ah shucks! Even if they can't, give ole Phil a call! He may have a position open for them after halftime! HOO-WEE BAY-BEE!!! Boys from Peee-Ewing, how you gonna feel when Mamaw Beatrice Stidham from East Stone, R.F.D. crosses the goal line on you in the fourth quarter for her third score of the matchup? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif[/img] Get ready kids, the Viking Ship is sailing to the nether-regions of the County of Lee for a visit, and everybody and their grandmother is wanting playing time!!! HAHAHA!!! GET YA SOME GREAT AUNT GERTRUDE!!! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
The Score: THE Mighty Vikings & Co. of the BSG ? 76 ThomasGettusButtusKickusWalkerus - ZERO
Coach Roger's Crappalachia BullPup Dawgies @ St. Pie of the Hole-eeee! Crumble-Land ? Ah, thou hole-eeest St. Pie of the Cupcake, having the Crappy BullPup Dawgies come a callin' this Friday evening....hmmmmm...another fine EL-PEE-DEE administering a Crumble-Land BUTT-KICKIN' BAY-BEE! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] Ole Leedy's gonna run through those Leakin' Deakins like Roseanne Barr through a backporch screen door with her hair flamin' on fire! Get outta that way, comin' thru! Just how bad can the Crumble-Land be? Have they won a game outside of their district yet? Only thing they can do is beat up on themselves! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif[/img] That's pretty sad right there, don't you think? Crappy Boys, are you ready for a big win this week? Can you feel it? Can you taste it? Can you see it? Dare I say it? Why yes, I think I will declare it once again....POST-GAME PARTY AT INMAN VILLAGE BAY-BEE! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
The Score: Coach Roger's Bad-Arse BullPup Dawgies ? 36 St. Pie of the Sisters of the Gridiron Poor - 6
Da Raidahs of Downtown Norton, U.S. of A (AKA Billy White Shoes Johnson Wannabe's) @ 8 Ounce High Stinky Mildkitties ? If you came to me and asked what would be the second most lopsided matchup in Southwestern Virginia, I'd give you these two teams right here! YEAH BAY-BEE YEAH! Kick'em while they kickin's good, and if you think about it ? that's all season long! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] 8 Ounce High will be reduced to less than zero up at the LB this coming Friday, as everyone will wonder how they can start petitioning the VHSL to see if they can keep from playing the rest of the El-Pee-Dee during the regular season in football! Might be something y'all might wanna look into, Chester! This will look more like a track meet, with Da Raidahs playin' the part of Mario Andretti & the Stinky Mildkitties playin' the part of the fat man sittin' up in the crowd eatin' cotton candy! "Hoo-Wee, lookit that boy go! Wish I could do that!" HYUK HYUK HYUK!!! Raidahs, you can practice your touchdown celebration dances this time, 'cause it won't make a difference! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] Dance little Raidahs dance, shake your tailfeathers! You know you want to! HAHAHA!!! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] Oh yeah, stay classy Norton fans! You know what I mean! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif[/img] KOO KOO KA CHOO!!!
The Score: Da Dancin' Prancin' Seldom Romancin' Raidahs ? 84 4 Ounce High School of the LB ? ZERO (Goose-Eggin' It!)
Wth did I just read?
PV Rulz adds just a little comic relief to the forum every week. He's a more creative LPD version of the Hoople.
Oh lol...was starting to think I just imagined that
Ya, its like Hoople, but this guys from Wise County.
I actually enjoy reading pv rulz predictions every week makes me laugh almost as much as hooples do
Burton will win by 34 pound will score but only once. It will be a missed assignment on the Burton D-fence. Pound will score on a pass play split back.. Oh and let's hope we see Burtons Good quater back tonight!!
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PV_Rulz_LPD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
WELL THAT BEATS ALL I EVER SEEN! LIGHTNING STRIKE TWICE IN ONE LOCATION ON CONSECUTIVE FRIDAY NIGHTS! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif[/img] I BETCHA THE FARM THAT NEVER HAPPENS AGAIN IN OUR LIFETIMES! Truth be told, I don't believe that the safety call was correct! That ended up costing THE Mighty Vikings the game! Ah well, we all know the boys from ClintVegas need as much help as they can get when they face the Boys from the BSG! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img] Thatsrightthatsrightthatsright! Bottom line, the cream WILL rise to the top and we all know that Phil "The Real Deal" Robbins has risen to the top of the heap 7 times himself! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] Care to tell me who has done it more often in Southwest Virginia? Any takers? I DIDN'T THINK SO! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif[/img] Just remember that come this Friday night when you go out to watch your less-than-Vikings squad take the field of play! You've got Powell Valley Vikings and those that wannabe a Powell Valley Viking! Deal with it and move on, Junior! On with how it is and how it's gonna be! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]
</div></div>
Phil has won what?????
The man has to have SUPERIOR talent before his teams win anything. Any time the talent level is close they lose. What was his record before he lucked into the PV job? He has been fortunate to have teams that were good enough to win even with him at the helm.
hahahahahahha
50000 bucks says you couldnt have done it.
you guys act like phil sits there and hands the ball to thomas and juluis, and cheered from the sideline.
how many times have great times lost because of poor preparation??
well, phil's won seven state titles, so hes at least had his team ready to win a state title seven times.
I doubt you could come up with 50 grand within the next 10 years.
NEVER bet what you can't afford to lose.
----------------------------------------------------------------
What did Mister Wonderful do before he fell into the PV job?
NOTHING!!
Was he even the first choice for the job?
NOOOOOOOOO!!
Can you honestly say you have ever seen him OUTCOACH anybody??
I DOUBT IT!!
Can I tell you I have seen PV lose games because of him?
YOU BET YOUR LIFE I CAN!!
He is a legeond in his own mind. And it seems in your mind too.
so ALL of pv's wins over the last 15 years have been because of superior talent, and all of their losses are phil's fault
you are pretty [censored] retarded if you think that
I didn't think you had seen him outcoach anybody.
And unfortunately he has been here for 25 years.
ive not been alive for 25 years.
when you have good teams, you dont have to simply outcoach someone.
is not having your team ready and prepared to play a duty of a coach?
getting the best players on the field, a coaching decision?
the spread was pretty innovative here too, first team in hte lpd to run it, and take advantage of it.
id say phils been pretty [censored] decent
why all the hate?
and how can you just flat out say someone outcoached someone?
playcalling?
preparation?
adjustments?
etc...?
in that case, yeah, ive seen phil take advantage of many situations by adjustments at halftime, etc...
If Robbins and Adams had changed teams 2 weeks ago PV would have won. BETTER coaching.
Do you even know Phil??
I have known him longer than you say you have been alive. Long enough to know who kept the team going for so long. I know VERY few people who have anything good to say about the man.
I went to a PV/Pound game several years ago and saw something I will ALWAYS remember. Several ex PV players were standing close enough for Phil to hear and did nothing the whole game but hurl insults, laugh at him and call him names. These were not the bench warmers. Most of these were starters 2 years before and played on back to back state championship teams. That should tell even you something.
so explayers being immature and hurling insults makes a man a bad guy?
keep hating, he will keep winning
My take on it is this. Phil has in some ways been a caretaker of the program in some aspects. But, he did install the I as his offense of choice early on. Barry put in his choice of D. Those choices were instrumental in each of PVs State Titles. Furthermore, in 3 of the 8 Title games PV won, they didn't have superior talent, but proved to have the superior team. So, that has to be chalked up in some aspects to coaching and instilled discipline. In addition, Phil and his staff stramlined the P-Nut, JV and Varsity programs to where all were running the same basic offense...and the Defense progressed until varsity, where you were expected to know the simpler defenses and learn B. Jones's more complicated D...That too is coaching. But, the determination of Phil's players in the early days wasn't really coaching or talent..it was determination, and it made all the difference between 0 for 3 in State Finals and 3-0. Coaching calls hurt PV last week and have in the past before then as well. But, IMO Phil has more talent on the field with this team than he has had in decades...and they still stump their toes quite often..So, if Phil only won with superior talent, you would have to say they would be undefeated or have only one loss this year..which is not the case. It comes down to the kids...if they want it bad enough they'll get it provided they put forth the effort. With this bunch Phil should be able to do what he wants whether it be run or pass. And I am among those who feel the run would better suit PV, and there may be some failure to recognize that by some. But, to totally dismiss Phil as a coach who can't win unless he has more talent is erroneous as well.
Well said. No team has ever won a championship at any level without both talent and good coaching.
But the GOOD coach went to Great City a few years ago.
I played for Coach Jones as well...and he is a great coach, but he never called one play on offense. So, you can't blame the lack of O on his dearture.
NOPE. You are exactly right. The O, or the lack of it, is the responsibility of The Great One.
Barry is a Very good coach and a Very good man. I have known him for almost as long as I have known Phil and we have always been friends. He had the respect of the players. Not every coach at PV can say that.
IMO, the thing most sorely lacking for PV the past few years is the absence of on-field leadership from their seniors. Whether that is a result of inadequate coaching, I don't know. I do know that true team leadership begins away from the field and is then transferred to the field.
Ok lets get back to the predictions....Phil is a good coach..but not that great
I hate Phil and I can't believe I'm going to say this. Phil Robbins was a great coach. Probably one of the greatest in the LPD. But for the last several years Phil Robbins has not been coaching at PV. I don't know what you call it, but it ain't coaching. Superior talent can't win $hit without good coaching. He didn't do [censored] before PV? Well look what he had to work with. Nothing. Just as superior talent needs good coaching, good coaching also needs superior talent. He knew how to use what he had and won 7 titles because of it. The talent pool at PV has dropped to some degree, but so has the coaching ability. Don't get me wrong, I played on the bench for Phil and I'm not tring to lash out because of that. I believe he was a great coach. And that tastes like vomit in my throat to say that. I just think Phil has gotten a bit too old for what he's doing. But the coaching problem doesn't constrain itself to just one school. The only schools right now that have good coaching are JIB, JJK, and Clintwood. Adams is the best coach in the district at the moment. He's damn good. But he's nowhere near great. The LPD has been on the decline for a long time now. And while we're fiercely loyal to our favorite schools, I also believe we'll never see another trophy in SWVA until consolidation occurs. Our coaches are either too stupid or too old to do what it takes to win with what they have. And I'm not saying I could do better. No way in hell I could. But I gotta believe somebody could. As a former PV player(bench warmer) and a supporter of the Appalachia Bulldogs I really do wish they'd prove me wrong.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Predictions?</div></div>
pain
Wasn't Phil "The Real Deal" at John Battle before PV? Enough said. Superior Talent!
and Christiansburg.