-
Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
Democratic Presidential nominee Barack Obama will be making a stop in Southwest Virginia on Tuesday. He will be at a rally at Lebanon High School. The event will be held in the school's gym. Doors open at 2:30 P.M. and the program starts at 4:30. Admission is free, but tickets are required to get in. You can pick up your tickets at Congressman Rick Boucher's office in Abingdon or Obama campaign offices in Big Stone Gap and Castlewood, Virginia.
http://wcyb.com/pages/2920316.php?co...tentId=2706386
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
Happy happy joy joy
Political threads belong in the politics forum.
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
Ain't enough money in Russell County to pay me to go see him. And though I've voted for Boucher in the past, I'd say this is his Achilles. Boucher is now an out-of-the-closet idiot.
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
To be followed by:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OuZOlevt4ec&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OuZOlevt4ec&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
Ham Hocks and Chitlins-----let's drive over greenmonster.
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Happy happy joy joy
Political threads belong in the politics forum. </div></div>
It wasnt really a political thread unless ppl turn it into one, just letting some know...wasnt really aimed towards you.
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Boucher is now an out-of-the-closet idiot. </div></div>
He's been an out-of-the-closet idiot for many years now. He must have a closet full of incriminating photographs.
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: raider13</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Happy happy joy joy
Political threads belong in the politics forum. </div></div>
It wasnt really a political thread unless ppl turn it into one, just letting some know...wasnt really aimed towards you. </div></div>
Man you're rich...not a political thread.
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/images...ghinghard1.gif
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
Well someone was bound to post this in the non-sports forum because not everyone has access to the political forum. This is more news than a political topic.
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Diets17</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well someone was bound to post this in the non-sports forum because not everyone has access to the political forum. This is more news than a political topic. </div></div>
Exactly.
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">because not everyone has access to the political forum </div></div>
Who doesn't have access to that board? Anyone who wants to post there only has to send a mod a pm or even request it here and they'll be granted that permission to post within minutes of one of them seeing the request. It's been a long time since I was authorized to post there so I can't remember, but can't you see and read what's there without being able to post anyway? This isn't that hard to figure out and I'm still confused as to why some people think that whole setup is some kind of conspiracy or something that's confusing.
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
Lung, I think your reading far too much into what I just said. Is that not a true statement? But anyways Raider13 posted a news item....it could be considered local or national news, no point in moving in to the political thread.
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
Okay I am wanting to get tickets tmo when I get out of class tmo but not too familiar with Big Stone. I looked up the address to the office in there and found (Big Stone Gap Campaign For Change Office 301 E Wood Ave Suite D Big Stone Gap, VA 24219) then mapquested it and it gave me 301 Wood Ave E ste D...can anybody gimme directions to that address?
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
This is what the other site gave me about the 3 locations that wycb said where you could get them.
Tickets to the Lebanon event are available on a first-come first-served basis today from 5 p.m.- 9 p.m. and tomorrow noon-9 p.m. at the following locations:
Big Stone Gap Campaign For Change Office 301 E Wood Ave Suite D Big Stone Gap, VA 24219
Castlewood Virginia Campaign For Change Office 2 Right Miners Drive Castlewood, VA 24224
Congressman Rick Boucher's Campaign Office 137 South Court Street Abingdon, VA 24210
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
I'm sure if you call Rick Boucher's office in BSG, they can give you directions.
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
I don't care where it's posted doesn't matter to me. This is the non sports forum, and to me politics/religion/the signs for when to plant your crops is all non sports to me. I just didn't get what you posted. So, no. It's not a true statement. I just didn't think what you said made a lick of sence. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Diets17</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lung, I think your reading far too much into what I just said. Is that not a true statement? But anyways Raider13 posted a news item....it could be considered local or national news, no point in moving in to the political thread. </div></div>
I'd suggest posting it in the shitcan thread.
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mik_Mo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure if you call Rick Boucher's office in BSG, they can give you directions. </div></div>
thanks, I'll do that.
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Diets17</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lung, I think your reading far too much into what I just said. Is that not a true statement? But anyways Raider13 posted a news item....it could be considered local or national news, no point in moving in to the political thread. </div></div>
I'd suggest posting it in the shitcan thread. </div></div>
Well posting this in a Mccain thread wouldnt make much sense.
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
If it's Rick Bouchers office, that's in Cloverleaf Square. Coming from Norton, take the second Big Stone exit. Take a left at the bottom of the exit ramp, go throught two lights and Cloverleaf Square will be on your right. Hope this helps.
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
i'd like to go just because i have predicted all along he will get knocked off by years end, and this could be a chance to see it...
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
The people from Boucher's BSG office are very helpful, they should direct you right to your destination. I had to go down there before I moved to get a copy of my DD-something form from where I was in the military. The lady I spoke with got the form for me with expedience (not to mention, she was a hottie).
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Diets17</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lung, I think your reading far too much into what I just said. Is that not a true statement? But anyways Raider13 posted a news item....it could be considered local or national news, no point in moving in to the political thread. </div></div>
I'd suggest posting it in the shitcan thread. </div></div>
I think it should be posted under "Who gives a rat's @ss".
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
The address is Wood Avenue...that's the main road that goes by Food City all the way out to KFC. So, it's right in the middle of town somewhere.
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: neutral88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i'd like to go just because i have predicted all along he will get knocked off by years end, and this could be a chance to see it... </div></div>
Taking out the other HUSSEIN without going to war would also have been best for this country.
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
At least 1 candidate thinks your vote is important enough to come see ya...lol..and it ain't McBush.
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At least 1 candidate thinks your vote is important enough to come see ya...lol..and it ain't McBush. </div></div>
If B. HUSSEIN "came to see me" he could have his @ss shot off. I am particular about who is allowed on my POSTED property. B.HUSSEIN is definately NOT on the "welcome" list. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]I suppose you went to see John Edwards also????
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
See, reminds me of why the guns and religion stereotype fits the folks in this region...
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">See, reminds me of why the guns and religion stereotype fits the folks in this region... </div></div>
[img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
Already sold out, talked to all the offices today and said they sold out the first day. Talked to a friend that has a ticket and she may not go I might be able to still, but that place will be packed, because not everybody around here is a narrow-minded hickass.
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">but that place will be packed, because not everybody around here is a narrow-minded hickass. </div></div>
Wow....so can I label everyone on the other side a snobish sexist?
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Counts</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">but that place will be packed, because not everybody around here is a narrow-minded hickass. </div></div>
Wow....so can I label everyone on the other side a snobish sexist?
</div></div>
No because that would be unfair to the gays, lesbians, and against womens rights!!!! haha
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
Everyone is snobbish at somepoint but I dont get the sexist part?
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
well we didn't get the narrow minded hickass part [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
LOL sexist (you had me thinking I had made a typo)
You can't say one side is hicks if the other side is not sexist if you are useing the same critera
IMHO there are sexist AND hicks on both side of this thing
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
Not saying everyone around here is, but IMO thats one of the main reasons that people around this area and areas similar wouldnt vot for someone like Obama. There are some on here [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif[/img]
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
He fails to realize this area traditionally leans to the democratic side, that is when they have someone on the ticket worth a ticks fart.
-
Re: Obama in Lebanon on Tuesday.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: raider13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not saying everyone around here is, but IMO thats one of the main reasons that people around this area and areas similar wouldnt vot for someone like Obama. There are some on here [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif[/img] </div></div>
So I can say the only reason MANY in our area and many on here will not vote for the other side becouse there is a woman on the ticket
See it works both ways [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]