-
NBA action.
Yeah pvfan I am one of those weirdos who likes the NBA lol. Opening Night for a few teams, good match-up last night with the Celts and Cavs.
But Lakers and Clippers playing right now on espn for all you Kobe lovers. Also Baron Davis first game as a Clipper, so it might be a good one.
First game was Suns/Spurs...Suns won 103-98..Dont you love it Biggin? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] Now if they can do it in the playoffs it might mean something.
-
Re: NBA action.
Oden may end up with a worse career than Sam Bowie. Sad, it is.
-
Re: NBA action.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 722</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oden may end up with a worse career than Sam Bowie. Sad, it is. </div></div>
that would be quite the feat......but the ultimate test is yinka dare
-
Re: NBA action.
So your saying he goes Tits up in another 7 or 8 years?
-
Re: NBA action.
Lakers are looking pretty dang good thus far. Last year's playoffs has me watching the NBA this season for the first time in YEARS. I'm even watching the free preview this week of the NBA package on DirectTv.
Lakers with 2 wins over 20 points. With Odom, Farmar, and Ariza coming off the bench, the Lakers are solid 1-8 or 9 this season.
-
Re: NBA action.
I usually turn a nba game on to help me sleep
-
Re: NBA action.
SA wasnt the same last night.
no ginobli hurts somethin fierce
the lakers look lights out, so do the celts again.
-
Re: NBA action.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Milk3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I usually turn a nba game on to help me sleep </div></div>
I usually turn on NASCAR [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
But yeah Biggin, SA really isnt the same without ol Manu. He's actually one of the best all around players in the NBA with his shooting and his penetration to the basket makes hims a major threat on offense and his D is very solid, cant believe I just said that.lol I hate the Spurs, but I think they will be in the playoffs like they always are.
-
Re: NBA action.
yeah but i think the spurs run may be over
the dynasty may be dead. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]
-
Re: NBA action.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Milk3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I usually turn a nba game on to help me sleep </div></div>
I honestly never turned the NBA on until the playoffs for the last 6-7 years. But after the Lakers run last year and with the whole Boston/LA rivalry somewhat renewed, I've been pumped for the NBA.
I actually know who plays where by watching the playoffs last season. I couldn't tell you the last time that I could name you 10 guys on the Lakers. I can this year though.
-
Re: NBA action.
I dont know, every damn time they get into the playoffs they play better. But the West is so damn good, itll be so hard for any team to get into the finals.
I think the Suns have one more good season in them and after this year its over. Nash has one more great year and if they dont do something this year their young talent will want to get out of their. Amare will want to head elsewhere and Shaq will be completely done after this season - he hasnt got much in the tank right not, but their draft pick Robin Lopez will be able to carry some of the load.
-
Re: NBA action.
yeah shaq looked bad last night
he needs to hang em up
matt barnes will be a good player too
but the suns need to use amare more, hes a freak
-
Re: NBA action.
I dont know, he can still be very productive. We'll see how it works out. Im not judging on last year because he was dumped into the middle of a team who's offense was completely different to his style of play. New coach this year and he has had time to get adapted, but you could be right and it might be too late.
Barnes will help a lot. Goran Dragic and Alando Tucker will get a lot of PT this year I think, seemed pretty promising in pre-season. Sean Singletary might help a lot if they play him, maybe sub for Raja Bell. Amare is a monster, just cant stay healthy a entire season..hope its not like that this year.
-
Re: NBA action.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Milk3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I usually turn a nba game on to help me sleep </div></div>
I usually turn on NASCAR [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
</div></div>
You're such a baby haha you can't take anybody criticizing anything you like haha
I will admit tho i do watch the playoffs from start to finish when they roll around and i do follow the Cavs and LeBron
-
Re: NBA action.
Seems like you are the one who can dish it out, but cant take it. So you resort to name-calling 90% of the time, might want to take a look at your own posts before you make a comment like that on mine.
-
Re: NBA action.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seems like you are the one who can dish it out, but cant take it. So you resort to name-calling 90% of the time, might want to take a look at your own posts before you make a comment like that on mine. </div></div>
I call you stupid and an idiot ??? everybody does that. It aint like i call you gay or homo or momma's boy or meat gazer exc. exc. there's a difference in name calling and telling the truth.
-
Re: NBA action.
sounds like you're the homo with the man crush on r13...with the looks of it alot of you have man crushs on him with the way you al ltalk about him so much
-
Re: NBA action.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: burton2019</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sounds like you're the homo with the man crush on r13...with the looks of it alot of you have man crushs on him with the way you al ltalk about him so much </div></div>
I've never called him homo...but now you're calling me a homo because???
-
Re: NBA action.
Back on topic.
Some good NBA games tonight on TNT. Not to mention its West Con.
A double-header. First game at 8 Houston as Dallas at 8. Should be a good matchup.
Second game is New Orleans at Phoenix at 1030. I cant wait for this game, my two favorite teams going head to head..should be a great one, well hopefully. Should be a pretty exciting game with the fast pace type of game these teams are known for.
-
Re: NBA action.
I would 10-1 rather watch the NBA than college because both are largely irrelevant in the regular season, at least in the NBA their are great players.
-
Re: NBA action.
u have to be kidding me region... .. did anyone just see chuck hayes shoot foul shots. has to be the ugliest form i have ever seen
-
Re: NBA action.
I don't know if I would go as far as regiondsports, but I'm definitely enjoying the NBA thus far this season.
-
Re: NBA action.
Some decent games on tonight.
Double header on ESPN.
Chicago at Boston at 8.
San Antonio at Portland at 1030.
-
Re: NBA action.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some decent games on tonight.
Double header on ESPN.
Chicago at Boston at 8.
San Antonio at Portland at 1030. </div></div>
Celtics 96 Bulls 80. Celts off to a great start so far, I know its about 80 games early..but I think they will take the ship again this year.
Trailblazers 100 Spurs 99. SA needs Manu back ASAP.
-
Re: NBA action.
Don't forget what won the Celtics a ring last year...Defense. During the finals would we all have agreed that the Pistons would have also stood a good chance against the Lakers? That is what it is about. The West will perform like last year with all of the high-fkying scorers and seemingly great teams, but, who will toughen up in the West? Will Beinham make that difference upfor the Lakers? Cause besides Kobe, they are all very soft
-
Re: NBA action.
The East was weak last year and with the exception of the Celts and maybe a couple other, they are again this year. I mean look at the bottom of the 8 would made it to the playoffs - the hawks werent even above .500 i dont think. And the Warriors had what 55-60 wins and didnt make it in? The west is loaded and almost every team could be in the playoffs. You have the Lakers, Hornets, Suns, Spurs, Houston, Portland, Clippers - with th addition of Davis etc. Theres 7 I think are a toss up who could end up in the West Con semis. I think it will come down to the Hornets and Lakers in the West, but either the Suns and Trailblazers - with Oden could be there as well.
-
Re: NBA action.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some decent games on tonight.
Double header on ESPN.
Chicago at Boston at 8.
San Antonio at Portland at 1030. </div></div>
Celtics 96 Bulls 80. Celts off to a great start so far, I know its about 80 games early..but I think they will take the ship again this year.
Trailblazers 100 Spurs 99. SA needs Manu back ASAP. </div></div>
The Bulls need MJ back fast !!!
-
Re: NBA action.
Some pretty good games on ESPN tonight.
Portland at Miami on right now.
Houston at PHX at 10:30, been waiting for this one...should be pretty good.
-
Re: NBA action.
Still unbeaten [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
Nov. 12, 2008
CBSSports.com wire reports
NEW ORLEANS -- Kobe Bryant and Derek Fisher each scored 20 points, and the Los Angeles Lakers improved to 7-0 with a 93-86 victory against the New Orleans Hornets on Wednesday night.
The Lakers never trailed and led by as much as 23 before nervously holding on against a team that is expected to be one of their chief rivals for Western Conference supremacy.
Bryant drained a clutch 3-pointer while tightly guarded by James Posey with 1:08 left to make it 86-80, and the Lakers held on from there.
Chris Paul had 30 points and 13 assists for New Orleans (4-3).
Andrew Bynum's 8-foot turnaround jumper gave the Lakers a 79-63 lead with just under six minutes to go. But the Hornets used a frantic 17-4 run, during which Paul scored 11 points and assisted on three other baskets, to pull to 83-80 on Paul's floater off the glass with 1:33 left.
The fans were on their feet, urging on the defense, which appeared to be on the verge of getting another stop when Bryant's difficult 3 as the shot clock wound down hit the back rim and dropped straight through.
Soon after, Fisher made a key steal from David West and the Lakers never allowed the Hornets to get within one possession again.
Bynum and Pau Gasol each scored 14 for Los Angeles, and Trevor Ariza added 10 points. Bynum also had four blocked shots, setting the tone with a block on Hornets center Tyson Chandler on the game's opening possession.
West had 21 points and 12 rebounds. Peja Stojakovic had 10 points but was only 3-of-13 shooting. Chandler had 10 rebounds.
The Lakers dominated most of the game, taking a 28-17 lead on Jordan Farmar's jumper as the first quarter ended. The basket ignited a 12-2 run that gave Los Angeles a 38-19 lead on Sasha Vujacic's jump shot.
Poor shooting prevented the Hornets from making a sustained run in the first half. Paul kept feeding Stojakovic for open perimeter attempts, but Stojakovic couldn't get any to fall, missing his first eight shots.
Fisher's jump shot from just inside the 3-point line capped a 6-0 Lakers run to close out the second quarter and give Los Angeles a 51-30 lead at halftime.
The Hornets showed signs of making a game of it early in the third quarter, but only briefly. Stojakovic finally found his shooting touch, hitting a pair of 3s during an 11-2 run that also included a pair of alley-oop dunks by Chandler, both set up by Paul.
Fisher's running jumper stemmed New Orleans's surge, then Bynum scored inside before Fisher hit a 3 and the Lakers began to pull away again, leading 69-46 after Bynum scored inside.
Notes
The best start to a season in Lakers franchise history is 11-0 in 1997-98. ... Bryant moved within three points of Larry Bird on the NBA's career scoring list. Bird scored 21,791 points with Boston. ... Paul extended to seven games his record streak 20-point, 10-assist games to start a season. ... Fisher came in averaging 9.5 points. ... Paul has had a steal in 90 straight games, the longest active streak in the NBA. ... The Lakers are 2-0 in the second of back-to-back games.
-
Re: NBA action.
Whats with the Hawks so far this year? 6-1, losing to by one point against the Celts tonight. They put up a hard fight in the 1st round of the East Con. last year against the Celts, looks like they might have some success this year.
And I really hadnt noticed until tonight, but the Heat have a ton of talent this year. D-wade of course, add Beasley, Chalmers and Chris Quinn plus Marion when he comes back...They could make some noise this year once they get in sync.
-
Re: NBA action.
the hawks will make the playoffs in the east, they are not bad at all.
-
Re: NBA action.
Celtics and Pistons right now on TNT.
Suns and Lakers coming up afterwards, should be a good one.
-
Re: NBA action.
Phoenix- Heat on ESPN. Should be a good game, Nash is out and Sean Singletary will be getting the start.
-
Re: NBA action.
This game reminds me of why I hate the NBA. Yawn, wake me up when the second round of the playoffs start in May. BTW, Phoenix sucks.
-
Re: NBA action.
A Nash-less PHX does suck.
-
Re: NBA action.
PHX is overrated, there not contending in the West.
-
Re: NBA action.
They have one less win then the Lakers. They are a big contender in the West, they are second behind the Lakers in the West Con. standings. New coach, new style of play with Shaq etc. Please don't judge them on this game.
-
Re: NBA action.
-
Re: NBA action.
-
Re: NBA action.
Jazz, Spurs, Clippers, Pacers, Blazers etc. Pretty much the same teams the Lakers have.