-
It's official....
And I have never been sicker in my life. First time in my life I can officially say I am not proud of my country. If the electorate can vote a man in with practically no experience, then this country deserves every thing he does to it. I officially wash my hands of it.
-
Re: It's official....
I spent 8 years feeling like you do.
-
Re: It's official....
Get ready for at least 4 more.
-
Re: It's official....
So you were gonna vote for Palin and her "wealth of experience"?
This country will not get any worse than what Bush did to us over the last 8 years. America says to hell with the Republican brand of politics this time around,and a slew of registered Republicans did the same thing I did today,and that is choose something different.
-
Re: It's official....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I spent 8 years feeling like you do. </div></div>
Believe me friend, I feel the same way you do about the last 8 years.
The sad thing is that I was ready to vote democrat if Hillary Clinton had won their ticket. But to nominate, and now elect, someone with more experience running for president than actual senate experience, will continue to totally befuddle me.
-
Re: It's official....
this is horrible, that we as a country elect a no experience man to be the President.
I'll back my President no matter what, but I did not want to see this.
I'm sorry small business owners, your business will be crushed..
-
Re: It's official....
The truth is, as bad as you feel Obama will be, the GOP had no better option for America...blame Bush if you're gonna blame anyone.
-
Re: It's official....
Had Mc Cain at his age died in office,we'd have had Palin. At least lord forbid,something happens to Obama,we'll have an experienced man in Biden. That right there had ALOT to do with my vote.
-
Re: It's official....
And what is even worse, that crackpot Ralph Nader actually got 14,000 votes in Kentucky.
-
Re: It's official....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Indian_Dad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Had Mc Cain at his age died in office,we'd have had Palin. At least lord forbid,something happens to Obama,we'll have an experienced man in Biden. That right there had ALOT to do with my vote. </div></div>
...Biden as president. Now there's an official "name your poison" between him and Obama.
-
Re: It's official....
O God forgive us for our blindness. Have grace and mercy on our nation. Forgive us for the slaughter of the unborn and the abomination of same sex marriage. We repent of our greed and our disregard for Your Word. In Jesus name, Amen.
-
Re: It's official....
but it seems many, many, many really only voted for him because he's black..
-
Re: It's official....
LMFAO once again...you must believe the antichrist bull $hit..
-
Re: It's official....
-
Re: It's official....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">but it seems many, many, many really only voted for him because he's black.. </div></div>
Not to be overly harsh about this, and steer, I respect you.
But as the saying goes, "No sh**, Sherlock."
This was a skin color election; not one based primarily on each candidate's views, policies, etc.
-
Re: It's official....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LMFAO once again...you must believe the antichrist bull $hit.. </div></div>
You must believe Obamas BS
-
Re: It's official....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LMFAO once again...you must believe the antichrist bull $hit.. </div></div>
You said it...not me....lol
-
Re: It's official....
honestly, I'm not racist at all, and I didn't vote for McCain just because Obama was black.
But this man won because he's black.. huge number of black turnout, and it's evident with the states he won...
Why else are all these black major leaders crying?
this is crazy to vote someone to become president.
-
Re: It's official....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PassMan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">but it seems many, many, many really only voted for him because he's black.. </div></div>
Not to be overly harsh about this, and steer, I respect you.
But as the saying goes, "No sh**, Sherlock."
This was a skin color election; not one based primarily on each candidate's views, policies, etc. </div></div>
you're exactly right
-
Re: It's official....
^
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
canada
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
V
mexico
have fun!
-
Re: It's official....
You're saying some awfully racist $hiz considering the rebuke you offered up in defense of the conservatives on the political forum a couple days ago...
-
Re: It's official....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LMFAO once again...you must believe the antichrist bull $hit.. </div></div>
If Obama is the Antichrist, that must make Oprah the Whore of Babylon.
-
Re: It's official....
this is a big day in our country, we have shown how far we have came as a nation
to not respect that is to not respect america
-
Re: It's official....
There's not one hint of racism there. It's fact.
-
Re: It's official....
It's certainly groundbreaking that an African American is now president after so many years of hatred and prejudice, but when he tends to receive a majority of his support and votes primarily because of the color of his skin, is that really a fair election?
We would rather make history by doing something different than choose based on what they're really planning on doing with the country and what experience they have.
It may be American to some, but I see it as being just plain blind and dumb.
As a special note, for those who actually did vote for your particular candidate because of what he/she was planning on doing, I commend you. My posts aren't aimed towards you. I know that there are some Obama supporters out there who, *GASP*, knew more about him than just the fact that he was an African American.
-
Re: It's official....
-----------------> Australia [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
-
Re: It's official....
If you want to say Obama won cuz he's black...yes there is. Making a difference because of race is racism..
-
Re: It's official....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PassMan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's certainly groundbreaking that an African American is now president after so many years of hatred and prejudice, but when he tends to receive a majority of his support and votes primarily because of the color of his skin, is that really a fair election?</div></div>
How many voted voted against him simply because he WAS black, or they THOUGHT he was Muslim. It worked both ways. Everyone has a vote. Aren't blacks still a minority race? How can a man win with just the votes of minorites? The majority spoke - combined votes of those who believed in him.
-
Re: It's official....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're saying some awfully racist $hiz considering the rebuke you offered up in defense of the conservatives on the political forum a couple days ago... </div></div>
Nothing racist about what I'm saying at all... he won because he's black. The man has no experience at all, and pretty much has a shoe in as president.
He won because he's black, not because he has experience.
-
Re: It's official....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Indian_Dad</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PassMan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's certainly groundbreaking that an African American is now president after so many years of hatred and prejudice, but when he tends to receive a majority of his support and votes primarily because of the color of his skin, is that really a fair election?</div></div>
How many voted voted against him simply because he WAS black, or they THOUGHT he was Muslim. It worked both ways. Everyone has a vote. Aren't blacks still a minority race? How can a man win with just the votes of minorites? The majority spoke - combined votes of those who believed in him. </div></div>
It seems as if it would work both ways at first, but the fact is, there are not near as many whites that would vote for McCain because of him being white/Obama being black as there are blacks that would vote for Obama because he's also black and would be the first-ever African American president.
I am not being racist about the issue - I'm just seeing through the bull****.
When almost the entire black population votes for a candidate just because he'd be the first-ever black president and not because they truly feel he'd be the better leader, there's a problem. I guarantee you that it didn't work both ways in terms of just as many people voting against him because of his skin color.
There aren't near as many racists/discriminatory folks out there today, and that's one of the reasons why it wouldn't work both ways like that. Also, if you look around, there are tons and I mean tons of white Obama supporters. The fact is, the entire country was on his back even before voting took place. But for all the wrong reasons.
-
Re: It's official....
Well, as much as I hate to disagree with your statement there, PassMan, your statement that the black population voted for Obama just because he was black and not because he would be a better leader doesn't hold much water. If that would have been the case, the black population would have voted in Jesse Jackson for the Democratic ticket when he ran...but they didn't.
-
Re: It's official....
3 things will happen..
he'll get capped, he'll destroy the nation, or it'll remain the same for his 4 years.
-
Re: It's official....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're saying some awfully racist $hiz considering the rebuke you offered up in defense of the conservatives on the political forum a couple days ago... </div></div>
Nothing racist about what I'm saying at all... he won because he's black. The man has no experience at all, and pretty much has a shoe in as president.
He won because he's black, not because he has experience. </div></div>
He won cuz he's a better choice.
-
Re: It's official....
Good point there, and it pretty much crushes what I said there in my previous post, but you also have to look at how much more hype Obama has had as well, and then it makes more sense. I know that I've used the word hype about 50 times already in my posts, but that's what this election tended to be geared towards: Massive hype because of the possibility of the first-ever African American president.
What you said is true, though, and I could be completely wrong. It's just how I see it, and I've seen lots of reports on CNN, etc. talking about just how crucial the black voters were for Obama.
-
Re: It's official....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">3 things will happen..
he'll get capped, he'll destroy the nation, or it'll remain the same for his 4 years. </div></div>
Doesn't matter...the Mayan calender runs out in 2012, so were all fvcked anyway.
-
Re: It's official....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">3 things will happen..
he'll get capped, he'll destroy the nation, or it'll remain the same for his 4 years. </div></div>
Your second choice is the most likely.
-
Re: It's official....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mik_Mo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">3 things will happen..
he'll get capped, he'll destroy the nation, or it'll remain the same for his 4 years. </div></div>
Doesn't matter...the Mayan calender runs out in 2012, so were all fvcked anyway. </div></div>
hahaha.. you are so right.. well at least I get to go to Australi for 15 months first [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
-
Re: It's official....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">3 things will happen..
he'll get capped, he'll destroy the nation, or it'll remain the same for his 4 years. </div></div>
Let's just hope to God the first one doesn't happen. I wouldn't want that for anybody. The latter two are possible, but all we can do is hope for the best. It's over now, and time to weather the approaching storm. It's going to get interesting.
-
Re: It's official....
I am proud as I can be right now!
-
Re: It's official....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">honestly, I'm not racist at all, and I didn't vote for McCain just because Obama was black.
But this man won because he's black.. huge number of black turnout, and it's evident with the states he won...
Why else are all these black major leaders crying?
this is crazy to vote someone to become president.</div></div>
Why else are all these black leaders crying? Let's not be remiss and peg just the leaders. African-Americans are crying tonight because this is the culmination of a dream. Just think how you would be feeling right at this moment if you were black. Not too long ago,those folks were strung up from trees,told that they couldn't eat in the same place as whites,use the same restrooms,go to the same schools...etc. You'd better believe that were I black,I'd be crying as well tonight.