What do you put the over/under at? Here was last years attendance:
http://images.sundaymorningqb.com/im..._sucks_sux.jpg
Printable View
What do you put the over/under at? Here was last years attendance:
http://images.sundaymorningqb.com/im..._sucks_sux.jpg
There'll be more in Salem (no, really).
Far less than last year, seeing that its a repeat of last year, both teams are less competitive than last year, and Tampa is farther than Jax.
That is absolutely terrible, I thought when I saw the stands at UT today that it was pitiful, don't know what the attendance was today but it may have been 85,000 or so.
But in the picture below it looks like maybe 15,000. PITIFUL
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UTVols2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is absolutely terrible, I thought when I saw the stands at UT today that it was pitiful, don't know what the attendance was today but it may have been 85,000 or so. </div></div>
It didn't look that bad to me. In the second half a lot cleared out. I thought at kick off it looked close to 100K, probably 96-98 at least.
I just remember looking around in the second quarter and even when they showed Fulmer coming out there were tons of empty seats, worst I have seen in a while. I could be mistaken but everybody I was with were commenting on it and they left at the half so who knows.
I saw an empty end zone when the game started.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Irondung</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There'll be more in Salem (no, really). </div></div>
I hope not.
I would put the over/under at 12k
I'm sure there were plenty seat of the footage of him before the game. You know how people fill the seats at the last minute there. It's more a social event than anything to most of the blue hairs.
When they widened out and showed an overhead view during the second quarter it looked like a pretty good turnout. The upper end zone had some vacancies.
Between 4 teams that'll each bring at least 2000 a piece, good chance.
You are correct, they are showing an attendance of 102,388.
I will just go have another drink now.
I don't think it has much to do with the teams playing as it done the sorry location. Only 2 ACC teams in the entire state of Florida. They should play in the game in Baltimore where the Ravens play or in Carolina.
That's paid attendance, not "butts in seats". Thanksgiving weekend and the weather had alot to do with it. That's the loudest I've heard the stadium all season though.
I was commenting on it all game here. My wife's cousin talked about wanting to go last night and I was gonna go with him if he decided he wanted to (although he is a uk fan). I told him we would be able to get tix easily on the street and fairly cheaply after a quick ebay search. From the looks of the stands we could have gotten them for free or way under face. There was a whole lot of grey you could see when people weren't standing after a big play.
You can't ever go by that announced attendance. I'd say it was close to 100K, but not that many.
Well you can tell how insignificant the ACC is, it didn't take but 3 posts for this to turn into a thread about the attendance at UT's last game of a chitty season from the ACC championship game.
I guess I hi-jacked this one.
What the ACC needs to do to fill up the stands, is to give away tickets, booze, hot dogs, and show the SEC Championship Game on the Jumbotron.
i was talkin about this earlier with my brother.. i dont expect 30,000 people to make the trip.. i will really be surprised if so...
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vol Dude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What the ACC needs to do to fill up the stands, is to give away tickets, booze, hot dogs, and show the SEC Championship Game on the Jumbotron. </div></div>
No, what the ACC needs to do is play at Fedex or Charlotte and quit playing the games 1000 miles from the bulk of their schools. If the game was in Charlotte I'd say the place would be near full.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GC1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vol Dude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What the ACC needs to do to fill up the stands, is to give away tickets, booze, hot dogs, and show the SEC Championship Game on the Jumbotron. </div></div>
No, what the ACC needs to do is play at Fedex or Charlotte and quit playing the games 1000 miles from the bulk of their schools. If the game was in Charlotte I'd say the place would be near full. </div></div>
Exactly. It pisses me off where they play the championship. It would hzve been great toplay it in Maryland this since VT and BC are playing but it should really be played somewhere in NCarolina
Play the SEC championship game in Iraq and the place would still be sold out.