-
TICKED OFF
The other day I was out with the wife and kid grabbing a bite to eat. We were sitting in the vehicle and my wife says look at that. I look to see what it was and it was a man in a wheelchair sitting in the rain, trying to get across the road in a parking lot. The part that made me mad was NO ONE WOULD STOP AND LET THE DUDE ACROSS. What kind of trash are you people who will not stop to let someone in a wheelchair cross the road in the rain.
Next time I see this would someone be nice enough to bail me out of the pokey because I am giving someone a foot up the a@# for Christmas.
-
Re: TICKED OFF
-
Re: TICKED OFF
-
Re: TICKED OFF
It's amazing how callous our society has become.
-
Re: TICKED OFF
Did you get out and help get traffic stopped for him?
-
Re: TICKED OFF
I was wondering the same thing to. We should not wait on others to do the right thing
-
Re: TICKED OFF
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you get out and help get traffic stopped for him? </div></div>
Shouldn't have to IMO. People need to be more thoughtful to let anyone standing in the rain cross thru a parking lot or coming out of a store. You are sitting in your car dry and warm while others are freezing and in the rain just trying to cross, especially when they are handicap.
-
Re: TICKED OFF
You are sitting at your table warm and hands dry witnessing this. With a full belly.
-
Re: TICKED OFF
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rank_Stranger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are sitting at your table warm and hands dry witnessing this. With a full belly.
</div></div>
What?
-
Re: TICKED OFF
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UTVols2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rank_Stranger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are sitting at your table warm and hands dry witnessing this. With a full belly.
</div></div>
What?</div></div>
If you are reporting this and didn't do anything about it. Are you better then than the others that watched. Vols not saying you witnessed this. Just the way the forum works looks like im replying to youu.
-
Re: TICKED OFF
I always let people cross probably more than i should. I can't even count the times people in cars behind me have honked at me for letting a group across. I just always wave at them haha they usually get more pissed
-
Re: TICKED OFF
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UTVols2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Shouldn't have to IMO. People need to be more thoughtful to let anyone standing in the rain cross thru a parking lot or coming out of a store. You are sitting in your car dry and warm while others are freezing and in the rain just trying to cross, especially when they are handicap.</div></div>
Yes - it should have been that the traffic did the right thing and stopped.
We do have to consider that a person in a wheelchair is often in blind spot if he/she is in a parking lot with cars surrounding. A person upright on two feet with more mobility is easier seen and can do more to get traffic stopped. It's very possible that he wasn't in the best line of vision to oncoming traffic (but of course odds are high there were also a lot of jerks who couldn't be bothered long enough to stop).
It's the Bystander Effect. Someone sees something wrong happening in public and thinks someone else will do something about it, and so does the next person, and the next,...
-
Re: TICKED OFF
I was getting ready to get of the vehicle when he was able to get through. I would have been more than happy to help the guy. I always try to help out those who are truly handicapped.
I used to work with developmental challenged people. When I would take them out I would make sure they did not feel inferior to others because of something they had no control over.
-
Re: TICKED OFF
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rank_Stranger</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UTVols2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rank_Stranger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are sitting at your table warm and hands dry witnessing this. With a full belly.
</div></div>
What?</div></div>
If you are reporting this and didn't do anything about it. Are you better then than the others that watched. Vols not saying you witnessed this. Just the way the forum works looks like im replying to youu. </div></div>
Gotcha, just didn't know what you were saying, now I do. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
-
Re: TICKED OFF
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Monkeyhead</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> When I would take them out I would make sure they did not feel inferior to others because of something they had no control over.
</div></div>
I know what you're talking about there.
I can't count the number of people I've seen that think anyone in a wheel chair is not only deaf, but also profoundly retarded. Or that anyone with a developmental disability is deaf and has to be yelled at.
-
Re: TICKED OFF
Not to mention that people want to stare and make fun of them.
I will also say that "retarded" people are smarter than most people think.
-
Re: TICKED OFF
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Monkeyhead</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not to mention that people want to stare and make fun of them.
I will also say that "retarded" people are smarter than most people think. </div></div>
Good example would be someone born with Downs Syndrome. We should all be able to see the world the way they do. Some folks would terminate a Downs pregnancy but I think it's a privilege to be blessed with such a child.