Cant say that I blame him. I have lost a lot of respect for Favres game the past few years with the way he has handled himself in the offseason and etc.
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/comments/t...-it-188259.html
Printable View
Cant say that I blame him. I have lost a lot of respect for Favres game the past few years with the way he has handled himself in the offseason and etc.
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/comments/t...-it-188259.html
That is definitely an unlikely source to call someone out but I have to say I was cursing a Favre the last half of the season. He made too many stupid mistakes, way too many.
Favre probably has more multiple-interception games than any QB in history. When he is on he is very good, when he is off he is very bad and just keeps chucking it.
what do you do though, Kellen Clemens blows. At least when Farve is in the game, he is a down the field threat so teams dont cheat up to stop the run consistently. Almost all of Farves teams have been able to run the ball well and thats largely because of him. Throw Clemens out there and TJ would be facing 8-9 man fronts nearly every down.
if Favre doesn't return, lets hope the Jets draft a QB. NYJ's about to be in another mess
Let Favre go and sign Vick.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVFAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let Favre go and sign Vick. </div></div>
Yeah, and go from 9-7 to 3-13.
Honestly, Vick probably wouldn't be the best fit up there but he'd be cheap and on a one year deal it may be better than trying to sign a free agent QB or drafting one out of this years class. I guess the Jets could always trade up and get one.
Jets management would not want all the baggage that would come along with signing Vick. Heck, the PETA protesters that would show up at every game would be enough for me to vote no.
I just don't know what they do if Favre leaves. There either going to have to trade, sign a free agent, or trade up. I wonder what there interests are with Cassel?
A full year in this system and some time to rest the arm will fix this. That is, if Farve wants to play another year.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mik_Mo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jets management would not want all the baggage that would come along with signing Vick. Heck, the PETA protesters that would show up at every game would be enough for me to vote no. </div></div>
It's all about winning. Baggage doesn't usually affect much. Somebody will pick up Vick.
I see ESPN has now gotten a hold of the comments and they have been scrolling across the bottom line like clockwork. They are going to run this into the ground and either make TJ look like trash for downing a future HOF'er or praise him for stepping up and saying something about a future HOF'er. I have a bad feeling that it will be the first.
I bet Favre's phone has been ringing off the hook today trying to get a comment.
lmao @ TJ...i hate favre, but without him his pathetic team isnt anywhere close to contending for a playoff spot, if i was him..id be more worried about washington taking his spot
TJ is one of the most underrated players in the NFL.
It looks like he isn't the only one. They also keep showing an anonymous(no nuts) Jets player described Favre as a "distant" teammate who, when at the Jets' practice facility, spent his down time away from teammates in an office specially designated for him.
"There was a lot of resentment in the room about him. He never socialized with us, never went to dinner with anyone," the player told Newsday.
Here is a link with a video as well
Thomas Jones says Brett Favre's play warranted benching - ESPN
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVFAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just don't know what they do if Favre leaves. There either going to have to trade, sign a free agent, or trade up. I wonder what there interests are with Cassel? </div></div>
I think Cassel is who the Jets will take a big look at. Im so ready for Favre to hang it up and quit ruining his records with a bad reputation.
As for the one mentioning another year in the system and rest for the arm, what was the excuse for his TO proned days in GB? Plus, it will probably be anew systen in NY next year anyway.
I think TJ did his fair share for the team. He was voted starter at the Pro-Bowl and had a career year. If Favre hadnt of had half of his stupid INTs the Jets would be hosting Baltimore now
If not for Farve they would of not been close to a playoff.
It looks like the pro bowl bid may have gone to his head. Favre didn't have his best season but TJ was out of line saying this publicly. He is sounding alot like TO on Dallas and that isn't meant as a compliment. I'm no Favre fan but he has accomplished more in his career than TJ. I'm glad TJ made it to the NFL but I'm disappointed in his recent comments.
I don't know about that, with all the other key guys they added this year, they would have been miles ahead of last year. I don't think they would have done any worse or any better with Clemens.
I know people like to say Favre brought that deep threat, but the truth is, how many times did they actually stretch the field this year. The truth is not many, he did it a couple of times at the beginning of the year and that was it, they always would split 5 wide and throw a 5 yard hitch 80% of the time.
I think you can say Faneca and Woody were the key acquisitions this off season and not Brett Favre. His numbers will tell all.
Gotta respect TJ, no matter what he said the exact right things regarding this situation. He didn't cross the line, he just spoke the truth and if you don't think those other guys in the Jets locker have even more respect for Jones now your crazy. That why those guys in Chicago loved TJ. He was their emotional leader.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Diets17</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gotta respect TJ, no matter what he said the exact right things regarding this situation. He didn't cross the line, he just spoke the truth and if you don't think those other guys in the Jets locker have even more respect for Jones now your crazy. That why those guys in Chicago loved TJ. He was their emotional leader. </div></div>
I agree 100%
Thomas is backpedalling a little on First Take at hte moment.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 722</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVFAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just don't know what they do if Favre leaves. There either going to have to trade, sign a free agent, or trade up. I wonder what there interests are with Cassel? </div></div>
I think Cassel is who the Jets will take a big look at. Im so ready for Favre to hang it up and quit ruining his records with a bad reputation.
As for the one mentioning another year in the system and rest for the arm, what was the excuse for his TO proned days in GB? Plus, it will probably be anew systen in NY next year anyway. </div></div>
I guess Farve just wanted to ruin another stellar season. You know without the downfield threat, you can't run the ball. Pretty easy to see, got the throwing threat, Jones does well. Farve has always had some turnovers, part of his game.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Diets17</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gotta respect TJ, no matter what he said the exact right things regarding this situation. He didn't cross the line, he just spoke the truth and if you don't think those other guys in the Jets locker have even more respect for Jones now your crazy. That why those guys in Chicago loved TJ. He was their emotional leader. </div></div>
Yeahboy and it got him what? Tossed for another back?
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 722</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thomas is backpedalling a little on First Take at hte moment. </div></div>
What all is he saying, I figured he would come out and say it wasn't exactly what he meant to say, most athletes do.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: simple man</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Diets17</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gotta respect TJ, no matter what he said the exact right things regarding this situation. He didn't cross the line, he just spoke the truth and if you don't think those other guys in the Jets locker have even more respect for Jones now your crazy. That why those guys in Chicago loved TJ. He was their emotional leader. </div></div>
Yeahboy and it got him what? Tossed for another back? </div></div>
And look who that worked out for, I will give you a hint, it wasn't the Bears.
But Farve couldn't throw the ball 35 yards for half the season. They didn't have a downfield threat this year, only and intermediate passing game. They were 16th in the league in passing. Threw as many INTs and he did TDs, and Thomas had the longest play of the season on a rush of 59 yards. Favres longest passing play was only 56 yards, and more than likely that wasn't all in the air.
Sorry. Leon Washington also had a rush of 61 yards, so both rushers were better deep threats than Brett Favre was this year.C
And your point is what? The Jets don't get where they are without either of them. But one isn't whining about the other.
Basically he said the questions that were asked in the interview were general questions, not ones specifically toward Favre and he answered how he felt toward those general questions. Jacobsen then asked if he though Favre should have been pulled and he would only say it wasn't his position, but the coaches to make those decisions. Jacobsen then asked if he wanted Favre back next season and Thomas said again it wasn't his decision but that of the GM and owner.
How many years has TJ gotten this many yards? He is a good back, but I don't think he can carry a team. I might have called some different plays , if I was calling them- but Farve isn't running the show from the huddle, either.
IMO, as I said earlier the Jets running game was helped moreso by the additions of Faneca and Woody than Favre.
If they kept Pennington and not gotten Favre they may have gotten farther. In other words, Favre was more of a detriment than he was a help to the team.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 722</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Basically he said the questions that were asked in the interview were general questions, not ones specifically toward Favre and he answered how he felt toward those general questions. Jacobsen then asked if he though Favre should have been pulled and he would only say it wasn't his position, but the coaches to make those decisions. Jacobsen then asked if he wanted Favre back next season and Thomas said again it wasn't his decision but that of the GM and owner. </div></div>
Gotta love the media, I would like to hear the entire interview on HOT 97 to see what was asked and how he answered them because the media can take certain quotes or words from a player and make them look different than intended. Don't get me wrong, he may have said what they said he said, but it is the media.
Okay. That is the reason, the Jets are so well known .
without the threat of a passing gmae tj doesnt do [censored]...bottom line.....lmao @ him
I can't blame TJ for the way he feels but if he has beef with one of his team mates he needs to take that to him not the public!
He turned himself into T.O......J overnight.
Pennington wouldn't have been able to throw the ball down the field well for even half of the season, which Favre did. He wouldn't have turned the ball over though, but then Favre does that no matter what his arm is like. Give Favre a whole offseason to prepare and work with his teammates, and I think his numbers could be staggering next year. He also had a torn bicep or something I think I read. His arm strength isn't as great as it one was, but it is still better than most.