lol, revived major...
ask any trivia questions, not limited to anything :-D
(w007!)
Printable View
lol, revived major...
ask any trivia questions, not limited to anything :-D
(w007!)
in other words for yall who havent been around as long, this is now just a random trivia//useless information thread. :-D
cherish it.
I do remember this one!
thats cos it lived on for a very long, long time.
heh ya know i remember this one. this is where drag and i gave the old board a kick in the ass that helped propell it towards the top 10.
oooooh an old old one ^^
I remembr looking back on it's first few pages and reading you guys, it was basically you phaq, Bj, and occasionally a few other's chime in til like halfway through and Miguel joined in I thinks
yeah, what phaq said [img]cool.gif[/img]
heh ya remember that one that eiko, elf and i went to town on? think you made that one too, pretty sure it was the start-the-next-word-with-the-last-letter-of-the-previous-word one
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma,sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#E0E0E0"><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma,sans-serif">Originally posted by crazyelf:
ok i have a question, why does elena get white wings at the end of the game?</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
Elena gets white wings at the end of the game cuz she's a descendant of Granas, giving her cool shit like that.
GRANDIA II MAJOR SPOILERS!
?
?
?
?
?
?
There is a certain set of facts that have a difficult explanation in the game:
1. Why didn't the Wings of Valmar directly possess Elena, like other pieces of Valmar did with everyone else? I'd understand keeping one's form when you're strong (the Horn on Melfice never were turned into an ugly monster lique the Tongue on Gadan or the Heart on Selene, for example), but why wasn't Elena changed, and Millenia created?
2. Why was Elena able to re-create Millenia later in the game, without even the Wings of Valmar, though Millenia still had special Valmar powers, plus giving her a separate body?
3. How come Elena grew wings in the end of the game?
Bj came up with a theory that explains all of this with an amazing ease, so, as in Science, I will accept it unless a better, easiest to believe theory is invented.
Everything works fine if we think that Elena is a descendant of Granas, even though she never knows it (although maybe she realizes that she is at the end, when she says "Oh, I see!").
We never knew anything about Elena's family. Chances are that Lord Granas descended to the Earth every now and then and had a child - like Zeus did in Greek Mythology. Granas' Power of Creation was passed down from generation to generation, probably without they knowing they had it.
And Elena was born. A woman with the Power of Light hidden within her. When she was in a really hard situation, like at Garmia Tower, she was able to use it, even if she didn't know anything about it. "You won't possess me" - That's what Elena kept repeating to the wings. It would seem that Elena created Millenia to feed the Wings of Valmar with somebody else.
Then, much later in the game, she realized that she could make Millenia come again, even in a separate body. And in the end of the game, Millenia seemed to know what kind of power did Elena have, that's why she said "C'mon, Elena, don't you know?". After that, Elena said "Oh, I see!" and created the white wings.
Grandia speculation-spoiler
.
.
.
.
.
Because maybe she descend from any "winged" family, though she never had the chance to know that she had wings. (we don't know Elena's family)... Maybe she is a descendant of the Angelou civilization
(Xell can correct this point... i haven't ended G1 yet, so i may mistake...)
**GRANDIA II SPOILERS**
?
?
?
?
?
If so, you'd have to explain facts 1 and 2 in my last post with some another theory.
i remember that, it was
"melfice"
then
"elena"
then "arum root"
or something like that
ok i have a question, why does elena get white wings at the end of the game?
ohoho wiseman can answer that one perfectly ^^
but there are others too! im not one of them! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Ok, here goes a question:
Does the set of sets that do not contain themselves contain itself?
- He he -
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 18, 2002 07:43 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>
I kinda got a new theory on G1 and G2! After learnign:
G1 and G2 SPOILERS!!!!!!!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
During the cutscene when you get Liete and she explains the Icarians, she says that they everntually even gained power to travel tot he stars... now say that some of thm colonized another planet? Also, she says that Icarians won't be born w/the spirit stone, so say that when the spirit stone was split apart, that the colonies stopped beign the winged people, but reverted to humans? Then say the humans tried usingt he BotG to become Icarians again, this would have caused Granas and Valmar's birth, Granas from it qoeking, but on too hihg of a level, so he feared to change all humans into the godlike beigns, and Valmar's went horribly wrong... then since Feena and Leen are Icarians, I'm guessing that each generation has an Icarian set, this would explain Elena, but where's her twin? Maybe she was killed before she went to Carbo, and then Elena somehow save dher sister's oul in her body, and when the Wings possessed her, her sister's soul was the one possessed, giving her physical body!
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 18, 2002 08:06 PM: Message edited by: Xellos ]</font>
Can't read it, didn't play G1 yet, going to someday
Try to answer my question too [img]smile.gif[/img]
Yers confuses my poor head T_T [img]tongue.gif[/img]
BTW, my theory also kinda says Elena's a descendant of Granas, but not actually by blood... but by um... race?
whoa whoa .... hmm maybe got a point there? =/
Of course I got a point!
wha??
You gotta play G1 to understand it
What I didnt understand was "of course I've gotta point", I get it now. :-)
oh!
[img]tongue.gif[/img]
i have a question-
why do old men do that combover thing?
and wiseman- im still thinking about your question...
I still am too....
What's a combover?
I will post the answer to my question tomorrow, if nobody gets it (my question was: "Does the set of sets that do not contain themselves contain itself?").
Meanwhile, here's another question: This is for Xeno fans:
In Xenogears Episode 5, what's the name of the place known as "the end of the world"?
To Wiseman's Q - No it doesnt. I have no idea what the answer is, but its 50/50 chance. ^^
Yes it does!
The answer to my sets question is:
A set cannot be a member of itself. (Bertrand Russell 1902)
[img]tongue.gif[/img]
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 20, 2002 07:39 AM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>
SDamn, my guess failed ><
im only gonna hurt myself if i try to find the answer =/
So i got it right?
Well, actually, no such "set of sets that do not contain themselves" is possible.
Let's divide all kinds of sets into:
- Classes of individuals
- Classes of classes of individuals
- Classes of classes of classes of individuals
and so on.
A class cannot be an individual; a class of classes of individuals cannot be a class of individuals, and so on.
It's a bit messy, but basically, this disallows my "set of sets that do not contain themselves".
I see. I totally understood that. ^^uu
I', totally lost T_T
damn, I was gonna answer that!
:-P
I woulda been on the right track I think (I was gonna answer no) but I see better now. :-)