-
I enjoyed my brief stay on the Shooting 8mm forum,
but when Mattias verbally attacked me and insulted my video editing background on one of the super8 topics, I responded, and was subesequently banned from that forum for defending myself.
So for any of you who visit that forum, and visit here, please leave a post or two here so we know you exist. I hate to say this, but visiting and NOT leaving a post is basically worthless to the regulars who would enjoy meeting you.
What makes the other forum (not located on Hostboard) so addicting is that they e-mail you whenever there is a response to a topic that you have responded to, AND you get a direct link to that actual topic. This hyper activity then lends itself to many participants staying active on that forum.
Here, you have to bookmark our forum and use your bookmark even if you get an e-mail notification. So you have to be a little more diligent with this forum. [img]wink.gif[/img]
-
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 29, 2003 06:28 AM: Message edited by: cameraguy ]</font>
-
What's with you Alex, we thought you would have been banned on your own board by now! [img]confused.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]
-
There were two topic posts. The link below was the true ground zero. After Mattias's initial insult he then "upgraded" the discussion by mentioning Brantley's forum. Considering that faked Id's were used against me on Brantley's forum, acting like that has some "precedent" is ridiculous. Mattias then deleted his most insulting post to me after thinking about it.
I had already responded to Mattias's comment before Mattias decided to delete it. Mattias did his own editing within a certain time frame so that an edited by comment doesn't appear.
super-super8
This next one was just bizarre...
Dropping Camera Prices...
And finally, my post called Kodachrome God, that I sent a link to very high Kodak Executives, INFORMED Kodak about Shooting 8mm...and many of the Kodak executives checked out the forum because of my topic post and contact with the Kodachrome "God".
God of Kodachrome Processing
Nice Job job Shooting 8mm, all the america and corporate bashing that ensued sure was smart.
For all the good Roger has done for Super-8, his continued hostility towards me has not been good for Super-8.
-
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="verdana, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="verdana, sans-serif">but when Mattias verbally attacked me and insulted my video editing background</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
i did not. i asked a simple question ("why are you doing this, honestly?"). it was you who got defensive.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="verdana, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="verdana, sans-serif">I responded, and was subesequently banned from that forum for defending myself.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
alex was *not* banned from that other board, let's make that very clear. he left because his attitude wasn't appreciated by the other members, and as far as i know his account is still there and he's welcome back any day of the week.
and i encourage everybody to actually read the links alex has posted. if you do you will see something completely different from what alex claims is in there. look especially for who becomes personal and insults the other's professional level first (it's alex), and why i deleted some of one message. i edited the post before alex replied since i didn't think i was being fair to him, that's why it didn't get marked as edited. alex tries to make it sound as if i deleted it because his arguments crushed it, which of course is laughable at best.
/matt
-
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="verdana, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="verdana, sans-serif">Originally posted by Alex:
Mattias. here is your quote that set me off....
"please alex, enough already. you have no idea what you're talking about." /matt</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
But you DIDN'T know what you were talking about. You got in over your head and nothing made sense or stayed on topic. You're only sore with Mattias because he busted you on it.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="verdana, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="verdana, sans-serif">Originally posted by Alex:
And yes, I have been banned.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ah, so the smart thing to do is make a "sticky" and advertise it to the world? If I had been banned from TWO different super 8 forums for unacceptable behavior, I don't think I'd brag about it, Alex. Oh, that's right, it's everyone ELSE'S problem and has nothing to do with you. Unreal. You know, if you would only admit every so often that you don't know about something instead of trying to bluff your way through a discussion and if you showed even the slightest bit of regret for the things you say that are out of line, then perhaps you wouldn't have to create your own forum just to have a place to post. [img]wink.gif[/img]
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="verdana, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="verdana, sans-serif">Originally posted by Alex:
For all the good Roger has done for Super-8, his continued hostility towards me has not been good for Super-8.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
My justified hostility aside, what I've done for super 8 wouldn't amount to a hill of beans and you've done even less. For you to think any alleged mistreatment of you affects super 8 is delusional. Neither of us is that important.
Roger
-
Of course I'll "brag about it"....since both times BOTH you and mattias were on the very topic post that led to my banning.
lets not forget that I had already posted a 100 times on that forum and had helped numerous newbies with answers to questions that others didn't know.
And Roger, if you really don't comprehend that film resolution is so above video resolution that you can actually zoom in on a film frame and actually increase the film resolution when transfering the zoomed in image to video, then you are a blooming idiot.
-
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="verdana, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="verdana, sans-serif">Originally posted by Alex:
Of course I'll "brag about it"....since both times BOTH you and mattias were on the very topic post that led to my banning.
</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
News flash: No one cares.
However, it certainly makes your obsession over this matter clearer to what little constituency you have left. Keep it up and, who knows, you might even get booted off your own forum, Alex! But then again, you seem to be the primary poster here so maybe I'm stating the obvious. Have fun playing to an empty house and let me know when your friends finish your much needed intervention. Then perhaps you'll drop the paranoia, learn some humility and discover how to play nicely with others.
Roger
-
Mattias. here is your quote that set me off....
please alex, enough already. you have no idea what you're talking about.
/matt
And yes, I have been banned.
-
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 29, 2003 06:29 AM: Message edited by: cameraguy ]</font>
-
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="verdana, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="verdana, sans-serif">No, the continuing replies by the usual suspects clearly shows that they do care.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
about what? are you saying that anyone who cares about something automatically cares about everything else too? i'm only posting here because i care about my reputation. i'm not the slightest interested in hearing what alex has to say.
/matt
-
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="verdana, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="verdana, sans-serif">Originally posted by mattias:
i'm only posting here because i care about my reputation. i'm not the slightest interested in hearing what alex has to say.
/matt[/QB]</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, that would explain your crass and unnecessarily hostile responses towards me on the Shooting 8mm forum.
I went to great lengths to add disclaimers if a post of mine could be taken in more than one way, or if I thought it might be controversial.
I used phrases like, "although I am in the minority on this point", and "I'm not singling you out, as the majority probably believe as you do"...
Then along comes Mattias with his "Alex, you have no idea what your are talking about" comment. I have never spoken to anyone in such an insulting and innaccurate manner in the past. And the topper is, Mattias doesn't know what he is talking about when he futilely attempts to assess my experience.
-----------------------------
When I simply posted an "OPINION" in direct response to a quote from a Mr. Jarvies about his rather low opinion of the United States, I get hammered in a most rude manner by a couple of Shooting 8mm members. The kicker is I actually posted "Fair enough" to a response from Mattias on that topic, which was me acknowledging that Mattias had made a reasonable point in response to my position. But even with my "Fair enough comment", a couple others continued to assault me and this country, OVER MY OPINION, which was merely a direct response to another's opinon.
Then to top it off, Roger remains silent as our own country gets slammed on that topic post. Why did he remain silent, because he rather enjoyed the hostile responses being heaped on me. Roger will NEVER back me, even if he agrees with my position, he'll just remain silent. But he's faster than lightening to pipe in when disagrees with me.
Hey Mattias, do you still believe that a rank can't easily transfer super-8 film at other than 18 or 24 FPS? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
You made this rather stupid comment as a way to refute a solution to a transfer issue that I had provided. Even though it could be argued that "you didn't know what you were talking about," I didn't insult you. Even after you INSISTED that it was difficult to run super-8 film at other than 18 & 24 FPS on a Rank Cintel Machine, (even though devices such as VariScan enable the Rank Cintel Machine to run in increments down to the tenths of a frame per second),
I carried none of the past over onto my brief time on shooting 8mm, but clearly You and Roger did.
-
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="verdana, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="verdana, sans-serif">Originally posted by Alex:
[QUOTE] I have never spoken to anyone in such an insulting and innaccurate manner in the past. </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ironically that, in itself, is innaccurate. You flat out said that I would take advantage of a client. That's pretty insulting AND innaccurate, Alex. If you had apologized at that time, that would have been fine but you have publicly gone on record that you are above making apologies and that you don't believe in them. Okay, but you reap what you sow, dude.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="verdana, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="verdana, sans-serif">Originally posted by Alex:
[QUOTE]
Then to top it off, Roger remains silent as our own country gets slammed [by Eric] on that topic post. Why did he remain silent, because he rather enjoyed the hostile responses being heaped on me. Roger will NEVER back me, even if he agrees with my position, he'll just remain silent. But he's faster than lightening to pipe in when disagrees with me.
</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't respond to every stinking post, Alex, because I don't hover over computer forums all day like you do. I have work to do and Eric doesn't just write posts, he writes magna cartes that are so damned long that hardly anyone but YOU has the time to read them, hence my lack of responce to Eric's post, supposedly slamming America. In fact, I'm not sure I was even aware about the "slamming" content of that post until now. I take no joy in anyone being hostile to you but you seem to bring it on yourself. And let's be very, very clear about this:
1) You got kicked off of Mike Brantley's forum NOT because of your disagreement with me but because of the rude and anti-social behavior you exhibited that lead to constant turmoil.
2) You were almost ENTIRELY banned from Hostboard because you kept abusing your posting priveleges and were warned by Hostboard administrators to cease and desist or they would have to take more drastic action. It took that level of involvement by them to get you to stop. That's a fact that anyone can look up on the administrators forums.
3) You were booted from shooting8mm for exhibiting the same anti-social behavior that caused trouble on Mike's forum.
Now, do you REALLY think that Mattias or I have such clout on the world wide internet that we can jointly, from the separated positions of thousands of miles and conflicting time zones, orchestrate a conspiracy to get you kicked off of no less than TWO different forums and theatened Hostboard?
If you really, really think that, Alex, then you are one delusional and paranoid dude. Not only do we NOT have time for that type of nonsense, your opinion about topics related to super 8 are no more important in the scheme of things than mine or Mattias's. Therefore, we could care less if you participate in any forum we are a part of but the powers that be MUST have a reason for threatening you or giving you the boot multiple times.
So, friendly readers, which seems more likely:
A) That the common denominator in Alex's problems with Hostboard Administrators, Mike's forum and Shooting8mm is Alex, himself?
-OR-
B) That the almighty powers of Mattias and Roger worked their sinister conspiracy to try and rid the worldwide web of Alex because we felt threatened by his opinions, expertise and cool analytical mind?
Please.
This isn't the United Nations or the National Security Council. These are simply forums about super 8, for pete's sake.
All those that chose "A", you get the afternoon off and a star for common sense. Those that chose "B" apparently have as much idle time on your hands as Alex and have found the perfect commune to sniff your glue. Enjoy.
Roger
-
Okay, after much thought and consideration, I just can't stand the pressure. The correct answer to the above question is "B". It's all my fault and will always be my fault so I might as well admit it. There, Alex, you've won. Now you can print what ever you wish because from now on I will just freely and openly admit my guilt for all the problems you've encountered in your life. At least, this way, I won't feel compelled to respond to your obsessive posts. Say what you want, I won't give you the satisfaction of a response anymore.
Roger
-
Actually Roger, you have crossed a line with your last set of slanderous and completely inaccurate statements.
I was the one who asked ADM to intercede in the Brantley issue, Brantley was just going to leave Hostboard.
It was I who went to ADM and asked them to try and resolve the situation, otherwise ADM would have stayed out of it. I will probably delete your last post of lies, in 24 hours, because they are so ridiculous, and completely innaccurate even by your standards, and they do cross the line of not being truthful.
You were the one who FIRST said, "no one would ever shoot Super-8 if they could afford 16mm".
That was what started it all. You said it on the Brantley Super-8 forum, and you said it within a week or two of joining the Brantley forum. To this day, I can't believe how obtuse you are for not seeing how inflammatory a comment that is to make on a Super-8 forum. You never retracted the statement. It was about the dumbest comment I have ever read.
YOU apologized to the Brantley forum at one point, then, as most people do who apologize, they EXPECT an apology of some sort in return. When none came, you started in again. I can post links if you'd like, there are quite a few.
That is why I don't believe in apologies, 99% of the time the first person apologizing is not sincere because they EXPECT an apology in return, and that completely ruins what it means to apologize. That is why I don't believe in apologies.
If you didn't read the America bashing topic post on Shooting 8mm, as you claim, that means you are justifying my banning from one topic post out of several dozen that I was involved in, and it was the one where Mattias FIRST said "Alex, you don't know what you are talking about".
Knowing how flimsy that is to ban someone, you then create this big cloud of nothing about my past. Weren't YOU involved in a recent clash on Brantley's forum?
Hasn't Brantley's forum dropped signifcantly in activity since Brantley locked that very topic?
Hmmm, there were no flames before you arrived on Brantley's forum, but there were flames after you arrived, and there CONTINUE to be flames even a year and a half AFTER I have been banned.
-
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="verdana, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="verdana, sans-serif">Hey Mattias, do you still believe that a rank can't easily transfer super-8 film at other than 18 or 24 FPS?</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
i've never believed that and i never will either. if anybody cares to read the thread (http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ult...=409&t=638&p=2) you'll see that i never claimed it can't be done but rather explained why it's usually not done and what problems you get if you do it.
this discussion ends here and now. if it weren't enough having to defend yourself against unfounded accusations like this i've also noticed that you've started to censor this thread, which as you know isn't something i'll ever accept, so good bye.
/matt
-
You are talking about being "censored" (when no such action has taken place), while I have already been banned.
You talk about the mention of deletion as being worse than being banned from a forum with NO WARNING AT ALL.
Unbelieveable.
-
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="verdana, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="verdana, sans-serif">Originally posted by mattias:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="verdana, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="verdana, sans-serif">Hey Mattias, do you still believe that a rank can't easily transfer super-8 film at other than 18 or 24 FPS?</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
i've never believed that and i never will either. if anybody cares to read the thread
Ranking at Different Speeds
you'll see that i never claimed it can't be done but rather explained why it's usually not done and what problems you get if you do it.
/matt</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
Here is Mattias's quote from that article...
"hundreds of options? the only option there is if you're not using morphing technology is to duplicate/drop frames/fields. if your speed was 11% off for example, you'd have to duplicate every 10th and every 100th frame. the weird pulldown sequences you'd get from transferring at "any" speed would give you at least three headaches: rotoscoping would become difficult, frame accurate offline would! be almost impossible and perhaps most importantly, your video would look jerky and flickery."
----------------------------
[img]eek.gif[/img] [img]confused.gif[/img]
-------------------------
I found the following quote of mine further down that article...
"Someone could make a really cool in-camera film for the flicker "Attack of the 50 foot film reel" Festival if a digital film counter could be found that would accurately count the one per frame "flashes" that a lot of Super-8 Cameras put out.
Detailed notation of a song time-line from a CD could result in a matching Super-8 film."
-Alex
------------
Well, that is how I made the Alphabet Song! This Alex guy sure is out to do evil in the super-8 world, let's stop em!