I'm glad you change the pictures at the top of the page, Alex, it's nice to see different things up there.
So what does P Q E mean? Tell us the story!
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 27, 2003 01:45 AM: Message edited by: Corey ]</font>
Printable View
I'm glad you change the pictures at the top of the page, Alex, it's nice to see different things up there.
So what does P Q E mean? Tell us the story!
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 27, 2003 01:45 AM: Message edited by: Corey ]</font>
Alex these frames are dazzling!!! I can't believe what you've accomplished on super 8! My hat is off to you..
Oh, are those from that alphabet thing I vaguely remember you talking about? I can't believe that's super 8, that's amazing.
Very very nice job.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 27, 2003 01:55 AM: Message edited by: Corey ]</font>
Thanks Guys. Don't tell anyone, but they were shot with Ektachrome Super-8! [img]graemlins/shhh.gif[/img]
Mikey B, the stills probably look more impressive than the actual edited master. [img]wink.gif[/img]
I'm looking forward to the dvd version, with the special features, like the "HBO First Look" on the making of the Alphabet song!
haha.
Actually, it would make an interesting albeit short behind the scenes. Did you know that when I shot the Alphabet song I used a digital frame counter (gasp, he said digital!) and I counted each and every film frame from zero to 3,400. I only shot the exact amount of frames for each letter that would match the song's use of that letter, then I would move on to the next letter.
Because I was doing time-exposure, each frame took anywhere from 5-15 seconds to shoot, hence, it took me close to 50 hours over 10 different nights to shoot one cartridge of super-8 film!
How did you do that, Alex? Maybe I'll search through the old posts to find something. That's really cool.
<font size="2.0" face="verdana, sans-serif">Are you really selling DVDs? I'd like to see it!Quote:
I'm looking forward to the dvd version, with the special features, like the "HBO First Look" on the making of the Alphabet song!
Corey
<font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ August 29, 2003 05:52 AM: Message edited by: cameraguy ]</font></font>
Original message reinserted by the moderator to keep the topic thread intact.
Posted By: cameraguy
Message:
<font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">I'm guessing this awesome looking stuff was shot with his Eumig cameras using time exposures.Quote:
Originally posted by Corey:
How did you do that, Alex? Maybe I'll search through the old posts to find something. That's really cool.
One of these days I'll have to try some time exposure stuff with my Bolex.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ September 06, 2003 03:18 AM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>
What model would that be?
I'm inspired to try some of this!
<font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ August 29, 2003 05:53 AM: Message edited by: cameraguy ]</font></font>
Original Message reinserted by the moderator to keep the topic thread intact.
<font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">I've got a brochure that says the Eumig PMA 881 can do it.Quote:
Originally posted by Corey:
What model would that be?
I'm inspired to try some of this!
The Nizo's like the s480, s560, s800, 481, 561, 801 can all do it.
The Bolex H8/H16 cameras allow you to do it manually.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ September 06, 2003 03:20 AM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>
Well, you guys seem well on your way to cracking my secrets. But as cameraguy said a while ago, there's no point in hoarding cameras, better that we use our cameras. Better to see others encouraged and going out and trying new ideas then for me to keep quiet about what I've done.
And the pay is great! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I'm somewhat surprised that only a small percentage of the super-8 filmmakers get to the bottom of what Super-Cameras can really do. Perhaps this is because most productions are based primarily on actors, and so things like time-lapse, single frame, slow-motion, and time-exposure isn't valued as much.
I have a Minolta xl400 that a guy at a pawn shop gave to me for free. When I got home, I discovered that in single frame mode, the shutter stuck and would stay open. I think I'm going to try that.
I wanna do time exposure!!! I've used it before, to make zooms for backlit animation on a Mitchell 16mm, and tried a primitive method using one of my old Kodak Reg 8 Brownies, but my super 8 doesn't do it...it will do frame interval things though...maybe i'll give that a try...had the darn thing for over 20 years, and have never tried that before..shame on me!
<font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ August 29, 2003 05:53 AM: Message edited by: cameraguy ]</font></font>
Original Message reinserted by the moderator to keep the topic thread intact.
<font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">I'm suprised the time lapse ***** hasn't punished you for that [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]Quote:
Originally posted by MikeyB:
..it will do frame interval things though...maybe i'll give that a try...had the darn thing for over 20 years, and have never tried that before..shame on me!
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ September 06, 2003 03:21 AM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>
One nice thing about time-exposure, one cartridge of film lasts a good long time. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
uh oh, the automatic censor does not like the word f-a-i-r-y.
Different letters,(PXK) same film.