What do you know about this Neo-PXL200??
Anyone use it?? Will it work with a Mac??
Thanks and Good Luck
Printable View
What do you know about this Neo-PXL200??
Anyone use it?? Will it work with a Mac??
Thanks and Good Luck
I read that as "digital BLUE MOVIE creator".
Thought you were gonna start talking about porns... [img]redface.gif[/img]
Me too.
I was disappointed.
And me.
Nigel, what the heck is a Neo-PXL200???
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Maybe it's from the Matrix? There can be only ONE Neo-PXL200...Quote:
Originally posted by Justin M.:
Nigel, what the heck is a Neo-PXL200???
And, Yeah! I thought this was about PORN too!
The PXL-2000 was a toy video camera made in the late 1980's that recorded onto Audio Cassettes.
Now they have a cult following and people are still trying to make movies with them.
"Neo" simply means New.....Hence this Digital Blue Movie Creator is a new version of the PXL-2000--Without the bulk and Audio Cassettes.
Good Luck
PS--I forgot the extra 0 in the original post.
I used to have one of those. Fisher Price made them. Yeah theyre worth some money these days.
But they werent 30 fps. It was a little slower if my memory is correct. And it wasnt a reflx viewfinder. And just wide angl - no zoom. It was very amateurish - really just for kids who couldnt afford a real camcorder (like me, ha ha ha)
I got mine from TOYS R US in like 1989. Man, those were the days.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 06, 2004 01:10 PM: Message edited by: GREATwarEAGLE ]</font>
I dont think Oliver Stone used it. He used a beaulieu super 8.
That's what the commentary on NBK's Directors Cut mentioned.
Oli Stone Used Super8 not the PXL2000.
So what do you guys know about this little gadget?? It looks like it could be fun to play around with.
Good Luck
heh, I didn't say he used a NeoPLX-2000. I said the director commentary on my disc said he used a Fisher-Price Pixelvision camera for a couple shots. Blame Oliver Stone for giving false info.
And I tinkered with an early model in the late 80's. Not much, but a little. Didn't they have RCA analog cable-hookup? It's been awhile since I saw one of them.
As for the NeoPLX2000, I can't say a thing.
EDIT - Oops! PXL, not PLX.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 06, 2004 09:54 PM: Message edited by: reved ]</font>
Oh, those things! Oliver Stone used those cameras in several handheld shots in Natural Born Killers. What were they called again, PIXELVISION toy cameras?
Stone actually did use it? - Thats cool.
What did I think of the camera? Well, we're going back quite a bit. I mean it's a no-frills camera. The footage look likes surveillance video. And I remember the tapes only lasting like 5 or 10 minutes.
I think its just nostalgic appeal, but it'd be great if I still had mine. Just to reminisce.