The disc is copy-protected.
Printable View
The disc is copy-protected.
everthing won't be fine.
shame on you
http://www.radrowdies.com/vt/asp/BO_...Taping-wht.jpg
And so forth...
Well, since the movie was made in 1975, I'm sure it's made it's fair share of $$$
Well, since the movie was made in 1975, I'm sure it's made it's fair share of $$$
in the past, i have heard that some DVD players are not compatible with VCR's for copyright reasons. well mine, which is a pioneer, isnt...because i run my dvd player through it. but i recently tried to record the DVD onto VHS through my VCR, and i found the quality on the DVD purposely shitty because of the recording. whenever i stopped recording, the DVD went back to normal. is there any way around this? whenever i tried recording onto my VCR, this little thing highlighted, and said "OTR" what does that mean? if there is anyway around it, please let me know, and please atleast give me a simple explanation as to what is going on. the movie was "one flew over the cuckoo's nest, which i rented from hastings. is that the reason? because it's rented? i notice it's not the original DVD, but it looks like a professionally rental/protected one, is that so? could someone please give me an explanation?if you're against piracy, please dont even post, just press the back button, and everything will be fine. thanks.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 15, 2004 12:50 AM: Message edited by: David Carradine ]</font>
good argument,
keep raping
Lousy argument! Won't hold up in court.
If someone had discovered a gold mine in 1975 and the owners have made their fair share of $$$ does that give you the right to burglarize the mine?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What is going on is that the DVD player and the VCR are talking to one another. Basically the DVD player is asking the VCR if it is in record mode and the VCR is responding in the affirmative. When that happens the DVD player deliberately degrades its signal.Quote:
if there is anyway around it, please let me know, and please atleast give me a simple explanation as to what is going on.
Obviously both the DVD player and the VCR have to be designed to do this. Most are. It's an agreement between the manufacturers.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I hope you mean "keep rapping", not "keep raping".Quote:
keep raping
rapping would make no sense
Hey there.
If you're not making a profit from what you're doing then who gives a fuck?
I've ripped a bunch of my dvds to my harddrive when Ive wanted to practive editing and just cut a trailer or something.
What's giving you a problem is something called Macrovision copy protection. On many players you can actualy turn this off by typing in a certain code with your remote control.
What's the model number of your player?
Despin out.
typing a code into the remote? Sounds interesting...
I've got a couple DVD players, but would like to test this out on a cheap clunker I'm gonna pawn away soon. Apex AD-1010W. There a way to do anything with this model? [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]
If your DVD player has parental controls on it you can probably hack the player. Most older players have codes for regions as well as macrovision. Places like Richer Sounds sell you multi-region DVD players, but they're not actually multi-region when you get them. They give you a piece of paper with the codes on.
Type 'DVD hacks' and your model into google and you should get something from that.
The problem with later models is that the companies and license holders have caught onto to this. Also, alot of lower end DVD players will only play original DVD's and one of the -R or +R formats because the manufacturers won't pay the license fee for the respective formats. These are things to look out for, especially if you're buying from foreign shores or import models as they may not specify this on the box.
My DVD player is a cheap one...Pioneer brand...and model "DV-260". As for "raping the industry", that is the biggest bullshit I've ever heard, and whoever said it has to be one hell of a hypocrite, internet piracy is changing the industry...the industry being entertainment in general, and is most certaintly helping it. Sure, it's also hurting it, but my opinion is the advantages it offers to the independent artists and the consumer far outweigh the disadvantages it has for the greedy capitalist bullshit "auteurs". Michael Bay and 50 Cent will always sell movies and CD's.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 16, 2004 05:21 PM: Message edited by: David Carradine ]</font>
OWNED!
yep its called macrovision [img]smile.gif[/img] , if you can find a hack to disable it, your best bet is www.dvdrhelp.com - another way around it is to connect a scart cable from your tv to your vcr so that your vcr records the direct feed from your tv screen. To do this though your TV needs 2 scart sockets. I'm even going to draw you a diagram cos i'm bored [img]smile.gif[/img]
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">code:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><pre>
SCART 1 >TV< SCART 2 Switched to AV1
| |
DVD VCR Switched to AV </pre></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 18, 2004 08:48 PM: Message edited by: Vlad the Impaler ]</font>
Ha, nice visual.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I disagree.Quote:
Originally posted by David Carradine:
As for "raping the industry", that is the biggest bullshit I've ever heard, and whoever said it has to be one hell of a hypocrite, internet piracy is changing the industry...the industry being entertainment in general, and is most certaintly helping it. Sure, it's also hurting it, but my opinion is the advantages it offers to the independent artists and the consumer far outweigh the disadvantages it has for the greedy capitalist bullshit "auteurs". Michael Bay and 50 Cent will always sell movies and CD's.
I hope all of you thiefs that want to copy/steal copyrighted material at least have the decency to steal the pirating software that allows one to do it rather than being idotic enough to pay a thief for their software that teaches one how to be thief. Please tell me you won't stoop so low and be so stupid as to actually buy pirating software from a thief, then steal real product from an actual entertainment company that creates product many in the world find appealing.
I'm curious how much that 25 year old movie on DVD actually costs to purchase. If everyone who can't afford to buy a new DVD just purchased legitimate used ones off of ebay that would shut out the pirates and you could still get a good deal on DVD's you desire. Only buy actual used but originally created by the entertainment industry and you shut out the pirate.
But you're all to fucking LAZY to be an ethical thief and just want what you want when you want it.
Alex,
I've read your opinions on other matters on this board, and I have to admit, in my own personal opinion, you're just a fascist, belligerent twat. But I'm also a fascist poon as well, because I'm exploiting the works of artists that are pretty much unknown to the general public. If it weren't for people like me (pirates), most independent artists in any entertainment industry would not get anywhere. Your opinions don't matter to me, and I know for a fact that you were going to post in here sooner or later, and explain your pro-capitalist bullshit platform. You don't agree that the internet is a very useful resource to get your work out? You'd rather pay a ridiculious amount of money to advertise your work in magazines, television, etc? I bet not. How about you just stick to your old cinematic conservative beliefs, and just stick to using 8mm and buying all of your shit, because, after all, it is your money...not mine. There is a technological revolution occurring Alex, and IT IS going to change the entertainment industry, whether you like it or not, and you will not stop it. For every 1 person who boycotts online sharing, there are probably 2000 people who rightfully agree with it. You're obviously too stubborn to accept digital video technology, and too fucking stupid to exploit the online sharing revolution. Do you notice how the industry has tried to cater to online sharers, by offering Itunes and other programs that allow you to purchase music and rent DVD's online? That is there pathetic attempt to try and adapt to this new revolution. The moment the industry tried adapting was the moment the industry lost hope, and officially lost their struggle with online piracy. Give it up.
<font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ February 19, 2004 09:14 AM: Message edited by: David Carradine ]</font></font>
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 19, 2004 09:21 AM: Message edited by: David Carradine ]</font>
while im not saying piracy is ok or its not...the number of people going to the cinema and buying films has been on the increase for years. If anything these companies are making alot more money than a few years ago.
The only way to copy a DVD that i know of is do it a computer with the appropriate software. I like Despins idea of doing it so you can edit the movies. I might try that one day.
D.C., as is typical of those who know what they are doing is wrong, you attack the message AND the messenger.
I explained how not to be a thief, be a thief if you want. But copying other's people's work with compression codecs that don't do justice to the original recording is your way of bastardizing and peeing on the great works and efforts of a whole community of people.
If you had the means to create, you'd be less likely to steal from others or at the very least feel so entitled as you did steal from others. Spend some of your time creating rather than consuming.
You pervert the whole digital revolution if you think the primary purpose of the digital revolution is to make it easy to steal from artists.
The only way to learn is to watch. You can't go to film school to learn how to be a filmmaker. You can learn how to edit, operate a camera, etc. The only way to evolve your own perception of movies it to watch them, so therefore your whole theory 'creating and not consuming' is bullshit and pointless. You can't be influenced if you're only creating, and you can't create if you're not influenced. You make it sound as if these people aren't/ and can't make a living with internet piracy. As I have said, I use piracy as a means of obtaining things that are hard to get (ex. rare CD's off of soulseek). I never download movies, but that doesn't necessarily mean no one else does. Your point is across. As is mine. This is a debate, and you have failed to even provide us with any information backing up your opinion. I understand, doesn't mean I agree, and vice versa.
This is exactly why i put the caption at the bottom of my original message, because internet piracy arguments are inevitable and irrational.
I think I've raised some valid points.
You choose to ignore them because you say your creative belly is hungry and it needs to be fed.
I bet you find whatever you want on ebay or at your local garage sale. Just because somebody makes money is not a justification to steal from them.
No, you're only point is : stealing is morally wrong. And you're trying to tell this to a society that thinks shows like "My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance" and "Queer Eye for a Straight Guy" are generally entertaining, even though I find both too also.
Also,I can guarantee you I'm not going to pay some of the rates for the things I want on ebay,and I can assure you they're definitely not in garage sales. Here is some advice, don't become a politician.
How can it be constituted as piracy if he's making a copy for his own personal use without the intention of selling it?
He paid the rental fee, where profits run in the millions even for older movies, and he's transferring it to VHS. No different from recording off TV.
$6.95 Cuckoo DVD
75 completed sales for One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest over the last 30 days.<a href="http://search-completed.ebay.com/search/search.dll?query=One+Flew+Over+dvd&ht=1&sosortprop erty=1&saregion=0&sorecordsperpage=50&from=R10&soi temstatus=2&BasicSearch=" target="_blank">
See the auctions</a>
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Take heed.Quote:
Originally posted by David Carradine:
if you're against piracy, please dont even post, just press the back button, and everything will be fine. thanks
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Take heed.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Or not.Quote:
Originally posted by Untamed Aggression:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by David Carradine:
if you're against piracy, please dont even post, just press the back button, and everything will be fine. thanks
Who gives a flying donkey carcass about DVD's anyway? Might as well copy 'em to VHS, we're all gonna be trashin' em in a year or two anyways when "blue laser" HD-DVD's come out, so we all can have "slightly improved" resolution. Fuck the story, it's all about the image! I feel reassured.
Once again, Alex has taken a dumb thread into the absurd.
Shut the fuck up about copying a single DVD to VHS. Complain about shit like THIS when you wish to argue about stolen Hollywood profits. Not about someone wanting to make an unsellable VHS copy for his own viewing reference.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You're the fucktard that decided to post your opinion in the first place. I clearly stated at the buttom of my original post that the purpose of my post was for technical assistance, not some bullshit piracy debate. You pay attention. Perhaps if I wanted your opinion, I would have named the thread "what do you think about piracy?"Quote:
Originally posted by Alex:
Pay attention, your act is the same old same old every time.
Actually, you're the one that named the topic "DVD players and piracy".
You have no idea how funny "fucktard" is.
ha, I was like the fourth person to comment on copying DVD's as being a form of theft, and if you pay attention, it wasn't until the topic thread escalated into way beyond a DVD to VHS that I commented at all.
Pay attention, your act is the same old same old every time.
Alex, unless you're an MPAA plant, I'm hard pressed to see why you'd actually care.
Ollie Ollie in free, last one in is a rotten egg.
Several others voiced their similar opinions to mine. Nobody has done a point by point refutation to my several valid points.
So if no one wants to point by point refute my reasons, then why continue pointing fingers?