Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Scores 9/30

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    check out these stats and I guess you could say that game must have moved along pretty quick. just look at the passing yards.

Team Stats
    First Downs: PV 13, JIB 15; Rushes-Yards: PV 35-509, JIB 46-258; Passing Yards: PV 19, JIB 59; Comp.-Att.-Int.: PV 1-7-0, JIB 4-14-1; Fumbles-Lost: PV 3-2, JIB 1-0; Penalties-Yards: PV 6-79, JIB 6-35; Punts-Average: PV 1-38, JIB 3-35.
    That's the best the LPD has ever been. PV and Appy were the cream of the crop but a then average Clintwood, Burton, and evem a JJK and Coeburn would beat Union, CW, or this years Burton teams by 40.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

First came the rain then came the waves!!!!!!! Bears drown.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

BTW...I'm not trying to make this Clintwood team out to be anything they're not. They're not very good. This is probably the weakest Clintwood team since the 01 team that went 3-7. It just goes to show you what I said early this year, there isn't a good team in the area. The overall quality of the teams is the worst it's ever been. That doesn't mean that I'm not proud of the way they dominated the second half and played hard. I'd rather be in the top 2 of a bad district than the bottom 2 though.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Inactive Member Slobber Knocker's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

From what I seen...Union had two drives...one in the first quarter and the 98 yard toward the end of the game that was just aided by roughing the passer penalties and the "in my opinion fumble that was not called." That was a hard hit and the ball was in the air before the player touched the ground...that was the only clear call I seen that was missed. Other than those two drives and Clintwood giving the ball away....that was the only reason the score was that close. Gavin Mead was the horse tonight...they could not tackle him nor stop him until he was down the field. Give Turner time though....I believe he will have a very successful program soon!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slobber Knocker View Post
    From what I seen...Union had two drives...one in the first quarter and the 98 yard toward the end of the game that was just aided by roughing the passer penalties and the "in my opinion fumble that was not called." That was a hard hit and the ball was in the air before the player touched the ground...that was the only clear call I seen that was missed. Other than those two drives and Clintwood giving the ball away....that was the only reason the score was that close. Gavin Mead was the horse tonight...they could not tackle him nor stop him until he was down the field. Give Turner time though....I believe he will have a very successful program soon!!
    Agree with all of that. Also that final drive was aided by the QB being allowed to throw the ball 2 yards past the line of scrimmage.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UTVols2 View Post
    500 Damone Boone W. Springfield vs. Annandale 11-10-95
    491 Hayes Page Nelson Co. vs. Chatham 9-28-01
    462 Thomas Jones Powell Valley vs. J.I. Burton 9-30-94
    451 Chris Good Luray vs. Pendleton Co. WV 9-22-00
    449 Edd Clark Appalachia vs. Norton 10-27-67
    445 Hayes Page Nelson Co. vs. Fluvanna Co. 11-8-02
    439 Anthony Witcher Dan River vs. Laurel Park 10-22-99
    438 Jared Wormley Essex vs. Windsor 9-19-97
    427 Wayne Bacon Norview vs. Kellam 9-9-94
    422 Damone Boone West Springfield vs. Hayfield 10-20-95

Edd Clark only played in the 1st half of that game..
    [img]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i92/chilo0907/obama.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l276/fanofreed41/obama_button.png[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I heard Meade had around 290yds rushing tonight. A lot of kids on Clintwood's team stepped up and played well tonight. Was not at all impressed by Union's defense. Definitely a fumble on the play in question for Union, had a great view of it and the ball left his possesion well before he even started to go down.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Due to the rugrat, I've missed 2 early games of Clintwood this year. First game we got steamrolled by a very talented/physical team. Haysi, I didn't think was a good game and then hearing the Grayson Co game, I thought we were done. A pretty good effort versus Lebanon at Lebanon was a nice sign but knew Lebanon was down this year. Clintwood was shooting themselves in the foot early and Union was making plays....honestly, I and probably 95% of the people in the house thought it was gonna be equivalent to the Grayson County game, even though Clintwood was moving the ball.....I will give major props to the players for not doing what would have been easy and rolling over.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by collegetrumpet2010 View Post
    CongratS to Cliywood. Way to pay the refs
    I hope they paid the refs. Its the home teams responsibility.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    I hope they paid the refs. Its the home teams responsibility.
    It was good old Honaker. I'm sure Clintwood didn't want him there.