How-do!
I'm new to this board, having found it while in search of information. If this has been covered before I hope you all will bear with me.

I just spent a day and a half replacing the worn-out clutch in my '76 Chevy C-10. It has the 250 straight six & the three speed Saginaw tranny. I have replaced clutches before in my '81 Chevy but never seemed to have any luck with it and I finally replaced the trans with an automatic.

But back to my '76: Aside from the usual snags I thought it went well but afterwards the clutch won't disengage. There seems to be a lot of latteral play in the clutch fork and I'm wondering if it could have come loose from the pivot ball while I was wrestling with the tranny, trying to install it. The connecting rod is screwed in most of the way and I doubt there is more than 1/2" of thread left beyond the lock nut and the slack is pretty well taken up.

Does this seem likely? And if this is the case do I have to remove the tranny again to get to it? I'll find out for myself when I crawl back under there but right now I'm none to thrilled about the prospect of doing it all over again.