Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Cattalinia was not present. But gerta was there. She helped equip the characters and, after some talking in circles, told them that to find the Oracle of Serpent's Tooth, you must find someone who kept the location a closely guarded secret. That meant you needed to go to Talagon City and visit th Arch Priest of Solaris.

And so you set out on your way, learning to ride as you went along. at the end of the day, you encountered dwarven miners fleeing from their mine, pursued by a hideous aberation. You will learn in your travels that this was called a "Destrachan". It assailed you all with a nasty sonic attack that ripped through flesh and rended bone. Your mounts fell victim to these attacks as well, and Gralla's sted almost bought the farm, as did Lirinor. In the end, as it attempted to flee, after sustaining weapon, magical, Holy, psionic and arcane damage, Gralla brought it to earth and Kel finished it off.

Further investigation brought you down a trail to a dwarven outpost. But the dwarves were all dead, and a party of characters stooped over the fallen. While the strangers were friendly, and gave a plausible explanation ofthe situation, Grala's Augury and Shanti's psionic intuition both indicated that these folk were not whom they pretended to be. It was the reluctant sorcerer, using his limited spellcraft to identify the failed charm spell cast upon him, who started the battle with a Burning Hands spell.

This will be a long, protracted battle, since it will involve at least 10 characters, each with their own abilities.

Below is a detailed description of each of your adversaries. read them over carefully so that I will not have to use up valuable game time on descriptions. Then, over the course of the week, consider how your characters would respond with their remaining spells and strength (because some of you are a bit depleted). This should make the game work more smoothly on Friday, when far fewer than 10 characters will walk away.

The apparent leader, the friendly one with the slightly arrogant, blue eyes, is dressed in dark brown, fur lined robes, a black cloak over his back and shoulders. He has well groomed, shoulder length black hair and a closely trimmed beard, showing a trace of grey. He carries a quarterstaff of ash, and a hawk sits upon the top. A well made light crossbow is slung on his back over his pack and cloak. A hip quiver holds his quarrels. His fingers are quick, despite the burgandy bracers wrapped around his wrists. Several pouches adorn his belt, and there are some bone tubes sticking out of some of them.

Beside him, on the right, stands a big man with long, braided blonde hair and ice blue eyes, which dart about him in a slightly crazed manner. His grip on his well made bastard sword is firm however, and his feet stand form without the fidgeting of his eyes. He wears full plate armor, covered by a cloak identical to his friend. He carries a large steel shield and a fine composite long bow is slung upon his back, along with a quiver of arrows. Like most adventurers, he wears a pack and pouches, but otherwise, little else but arms.

About 20 feet behind them, leaning against the mountain face, is a gaunt, sandy-haired man of the woods, whose hair hangs down sloppily over his keen, watchful, dark eyes. He is clothed in good studded leather armor and rugged boots, and his hips bear high quality swords, a single short one, and a longsword. His cloak is dark green leather and stained by dirt and weather. despite the fact he holds a nocked composite bow of some quality, his face has that, "I don't give a shit" look about it... except for those cunning eyes.

On the left side of the leader, is a man dressed all in red, from his traveller's clothing and full plate armor, to his red hair, cloak and shield, adorned with the device of a dragon rampant. Like the man he stand beside, his face shows wisdom and thought, though less arrogance. He clutches a mightu morningstar in his right hand, and like his comrade, he also carries a light crossbow, quiver of bolts and pouches with scroll tubes. His green eyes look around at you all, as if studying every aspect of you, from Kel's accent to Allie's furry feet. His movements are slow, methodic, and almost graceful, and seems to be moving as if in slow motion, a contrast to the almost nerous mannerisms of his collegues.

While neutral in demeanor upon your meeting, the final member of the entourage, and clearly with orc blood, is perhaps the meanest looking fellow you have ever laid eyes on. He at once has the hulking brutish bully look as well as the swift swashbuckler. He carries no great axe, but a slender rapier of fine quality. A short bow and quiver are upon his back, and he wears good quality studded leather armor and a buckler strapped to his left arm. His cloak matches that of the first two men. While the others carry a pretense of civility, this man is clearly itching for blood.

Enjoy!

Inactive Member rahnewhitebriar's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just to clarify...do you want us, individually, to decide on our courses of action? Or, do you want us to discuss here on the board what we each plan to do?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think he's just provided a bit more detail about the foes we're up against than he did Friday since Lir initiated combat but did not have time to actually start. Our initiatives will come to play right as we start next.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Well..Lyss is mostly right.

It was Kel who initiated the fight [img]tongue.gif[/img]

However she is correct in that, I wanted to give you details in advance that would normally take up a block of time. On one hand, it may seem like an unfair advantage to give you the week to think about it, but your characters know their skills better than you do, so this offsets any possible errors you might make in haste.

But just as your characters would not have time to discuss instant strategy, I would rather you not discuss those tactics here. Merely think about what YOU would do.

The adventurer's you face didn't get to the level they are at by being idiots, so rest assured that they will be every bit as clever... and PREPARED for this combat as you are. Certainly they are here for a reason, and have not been totally surprised by you, or else that mage never would have attempted to blow his cover by casting the first spell..though clearly he misjudged the willpower of that stupid barbarian. Even still, you know he is thinking, going after the toughest looking and dumbest looking guy, who clearly is acting as the leader as well...who better to cast that Charm on!

The game will begin with Initiative, and Kel will not get an automatic first strike.

Hope this clarifies a bit.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So Kel's Bluff attempt (with roll) didn't help at all?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Dramavictim:
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Certain die rolls remain a mystery to Characters. Did I bluff him? Can they see me? Did I appraise this correctly? I think this way is North?

All one can do is try, and hope that he didn't find the trap, because it really wasn't there!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Starshadow:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Dramavictim:
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Certain die rolls remain a mystery to Characters. Did I bluff him? Can they see me? Did I appraise this correctly? I think this way is North?

All one can do is try, and hope that he didn't find the trap, because it really wasn't there!
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, I know. However...

My chief concern was that the attempt was at least taken into account because your wording before hand had me, the player, wondering if it was. Sometimes stuff like that gets lost online all too easily on multiple sides.