Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Alas, I won't be here next friday (That wedding) so I, and my characters, are out whatever you guys decide on for the 20th.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm open. If we stick with the Steel we can double-cross the wizard and make our own way back to Devonshire (unless Sterling sends us on a quest to see the Oracle, of course . . . ), and if we go back to questing for the destruction of the Ring we may get told that we have to go to Devonshire to destroy it! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Merilin, Gwylln, Lynliss, Einkil and Jaskyn have gone from the Abyss to the Silver Heaven, the first plane of Celestia, and find themselves on a quest to retrieve an orb from a silver dragon for Lord Malvek, a self-confessed evil man living amongst the lawful good.

When last we left them, they had just met sterling, the silver dragon, and earned 3,000 xp for the night. Players feel free to articulate further about your perspectives, and state which game you wish to play next week.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ September 11, 2005 07:52 PM: Message edited by: Starshadow ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

First of all, and I am not sure if it was meant as a joke... double crossing the wizard is not a viable option, unless the party wishes Gwylln to undergo a tremendous amount of pain. It should be obvious that the wizard had no way of being assured that you would fulfill your end of the bargain, having been evil long enough to know that side of a mortal's nature. To send you right back home without insurance would have been for him, an invitation to take advantage of him, which clearly some of you might have already considered doing, despite your respective alignments.

Secondly, it appears that Mark and Valley are both candidates for being absent, though we are unsure of Mark's situation for sure.

What this means is that the group must choose the Ring of steel or Ring quest, unless those without newbie characters decide to create them or not play at all.

Lots of options, lots of things to consider. I would love to hear a consensus, and the sooner the better.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Starshadow:
    First of all, and I am not sure if it was meant as a joke... double crossing the wizard is not a viable option, unless the party wishes Gwylln to undergo a tremendous amount of pain. It should be obvious that the wizard had no way of being assured that you would fulfill your end of the bargain, having been evil long enough to know that side of a mortal's nature. To send you right back home without insurance would have been for him, an invitation to take advantage of him, which clearly some of you might have already considered doing, despite your respective alignments.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Uhm... just to clarify, no one seemed to think of 'taking advantage' of the wizard. No bargain was made beyond the fact the group would hear the dragon's side of things, look into it, and then decide. Jaskyn's own thought was if it was the Dragon's by right, they would likely be summoned back sans orb, and explain 'no' and have to find some otherway home.

Instead, the guy has geased Gwylin and forced them into doing his bidding no matter what. Despite the fact THAT was not part of the deal.

Just my opinion, but I think if Solaris really is watching Malvek, the wizard just got some black marks for treachery himself.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

All irrelevant, regardless of how anyone chooses to interpret it. The bottom line is, double crossing the wizard as Einkil-p hinted at (in jest or reality) would result in tragic consequences to Gwylln. This she would know, even if the other characters have not figured that out.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, if things go awry, she's FUBAR alright, Poor Gwylin.

[img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Geas wording was:

You will do my bidding.

Malvek's bidding is to recover the crystal ball. Maybe the dragon will hand it over if asked, or we might have to do a service for it to get the orb; Silvers are usually Lawful Good. On the other hand, if it resists, then the good characters may have to make a choice of either fighting and slaying a LG creature to save their friend or leave Gwylln to the wizard's geas.

This could have some rather interesting consequences to character alignments, including Gwylln's.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nicely put, Nancy.

I hope everyone realizes that it is always my intent to keep things interesting. The challenges I present are more than just those of slaying beasts. I try to force players to stretch their imaginations, think of long reaching consequences, think outside the box and sometimes even painfully deliberate and debate the various possible courses of action. While Caer Falken may have seemed to be a simple hack and slash series of adventures at first, I would find that boring as a player, and so as a DM, try to give you more. Realizing that not all players will like all scenarios, it is my hope to always at least make things a little interesting, even if I fall short of that mark quite often. When you find yourself in quandries such as this one, understand that this is part of the adventure and the intrigue, and I never predetermine a desired outcome, but leave that to you the players, a bit of the luck of the dice and perhaps fate.

Most TV shows die in their third season, and most Rock bands never get past their second or third album. It is hard to stay fresh, and certainly puts strain on an already exhausted creative mind. My fear is that one day I will come up dry, in in frustration, Caer Falken will just cease to exist. The fact that you all keep showing up gives me both hope and motivation to continue.

Thanks for your playership and understanding.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This can make or break the Ring of Steel, geas or no, in Merilin's eyes she has made this promise to the wizard, and she does not break her vow. While she is hoping to negotiate for the orb, she does intend to see it through as the Wizard, desite the geas, held his end of the bargain. There are many things she is willing to give up to get the orb returned and to see her friends safely returned home, but her honor is not one of them. In her eyes, if others wish to leave, that is their choice, but she for one will be seeing this through and will take personal offence to anyone telling her her belief's and morals are wrong. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ May 15, 2005 09:37 AM: Message edited by: Hummingbird ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast