Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Does anyone know how to do this?

I've removed the grub screws from the threaded section, 2 long bolts through the body, all the ones at the back etc, the brass screw retaining the phase plug (incidentally, wonder if the drive can be "tweaked" by rotating this so the "Y" supports come out of hiding).

Then what? Looks like the whole throat section may turn - special tool required??

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    cv

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I do not know the answer but I thought you should know that if you go further then you severally demagnetize the driver. The ?old school? folks told me that any disassembling of driver kills magnetic force; here is why the drivers magnetize as ?a whole?, juts with striped diaphragms, but without reaching the magnets. There is another fear that I always have. Some S2 has ?challengingly? positioned center pole peace and I was always afraid that by disassembling the driver further I might misalign it further on?

The only one time when I had a need to go further was 3 years ago when I had one S2 that was spray-painted through the bad scream and the white paint was covering a half of the internal channel? I failed to find how to open it up and eBayed it?

Rgs,
    The Cat

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Allo Romy,
    I was worried the thing might need demag'g to dismantle; I do understand that breaking the circuit requires subsequent remagnetisation.

This driver has a weak motor anyway, so I wanted to investigate the possibility of a field coil conversion - got nothing to lose here.

Also, I wanted to indulge my curiosity... which you are probably more afraid of than meself...

Cheers
    cv

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OR, CV, keep me posted in such case. It might be an interesting prefect. If you can then when after you dissect it then take some pictures?.

The Pussy