Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

All in all, I think things went well despite some minor slow downs at the beginning. Most of those are resolved already, so next session ought to run a lot smoother. [img]smile.gif[/img]

This was why I invited people to come on during the downtime last week to familiarize themselves with the commands and get their characters set up. There are approximately 103 commands available to players: many of those are toggles and are seldom used. Some we will never use since they're specific to the Shadowrun game that operates there. Only a handful are used on a regular basis, and I will be posting a brief tutorial before the next session, though every command does have a help file associated with it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

I will not start out by saying what happened...but rather invite our players to give THEIR first impressions here, before I do so.

So go ahead...let's hear it!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Over all? Much smoother than Parachat was imo once we got the essential commands down. I didn't need a pop up blocker every other minute, and it didn't try to die on me if I didn't post 'often enough'. I DO hope to see that turorial listed here, so I can have it up and handy even while playing instead of trying to look at the list of commands and type on the MUSH at the same time on the same screen [img]wink.gif[/img]

The hardest part has actually been (For me) setting the characters up and thanks to Lysandra's patience, that wasn't too much trouble.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Greetings all. Just thought I would throw in my 2 cp of ooc thought on the new game room. I really enjoyed it, even though I hit to many buttons and knocked myself out.. I just cant help it, I like buttons. Anyway, I like everyone else am optimistic and look forward to learning more to make this new experience smoother.
    As far as our new young group goes.. well I myself enjoyed them. This is my first caster type class so I will be learning alot and more than likely makeing my share of mistakes so feel free to give ol' Finley a good ic nudge when he needs it.
    I finally have been able to fix my server problems and as you can see I can actually post again on the board. I am very happy and releived about this. So I will start doing my share of random IC posts. Btw, I have loved reading all of yours, I wont pretend to have the creative talent you all do but will do my best. Take care all and see you soon.

Mark
    aka Finley.. drinker of fine ales

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Glad to see you with us on the boards.
    A little trick I've discovered about playing spellcasters online in a time tight situation like CF is preparation.

Know your spell choices in advance of the game. Read the descriptions over so you can get an idea of what you'll need to do. Remember that clerics can substitute a healing (or harm) spell in place of another prepared spell, but at the lower levels, the healing spells are the most useful anyway. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As the DM wanted us to post how we felt the new interface worked for those who could not make it, let me say....

Give it an hour to let yourself feel comfortable with the new methods, tricks, and abilities of the mush, then the rest of your night to cruise and enjoy. I had a blast, loved the idea that was can cut and paste there, and save the entire night in a log, and whisper or shout as we saw fit. I especially liked the ability to have ooc chatter in bright red while the rest of the game was in a more neutral shade. It really helped define the ic and ooc and I think made for even smoother game play. Hats off to you Lysandra for making this possible, before long we'll all be comfortable and enjoying this new avenue fully. YAY! No more popups! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]