Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

After the reclaimation of the tower and orb, you returned to the Capital, where you discovered:

A hero's welcome
    A Princess eager to see Kel
    A King overjoyed at the victory, despite the loss of thousands of men.
    A Countship for each of you.
    An estate near the palace.

The wealth in the tower chest you found was counted and sorted.

An odd crystal ring in the mix was discovered to have psionic qualities.

21,000 gold coins from many periods over the past thousand years were in the chest.

There were also 7 each of the following [img]biggrin.gif[/img] iamonds, Emeralds, Rubies, Topaz, Sapphires, Pearls and Opals.

The red armor was a suit of full plate, +6, with Fire warding

the shield with the dragon head motif, Bulwark of the great silver dragon

The barbaric looking piece was a suit of leather (more ornate than usual, but functional) +8 with Lightning warding.

The Sword is named Lunari's Devestator...the sages examining it claims it has the spirit of a deva contained within

The cloak, was a cloak of Epic Resistance +7

and the spell books contained spells of every mage spell level 0 to 9 contained in any sourcebook owned by the players (but that alone is not enough for the players to cast them)

each of these items has special abilities you can email me for or look up.

Let's start the discussions!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You forgot the items taken off the Lich's ashes and the coins recovered from the vampires' remains.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Um gee.....now....hmmm....would I want the ARMOR! THAT'S IT! no no...the SWORD WITH A DEVA! YES!....no....no....

How about a closer look at that ring. ~eagarly grabs the crystal ring with a psion feel to it~

Now let me look this over!!!

~~~~~~~~~Shanti

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 09, 2007 10:11 AM: Message edited by: Mockingbyrd ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Lyssandra:
    You forgot the items taken off the Lich's ashes and the coins recovered from the vampires' remains.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You are absolutely right.

I will get you the specs later, but the lich had a staff of power, bracers of armor, amulet of natural armor and headband of intellect on him.

I already told you the vampire loot previously I thought, but I can look that up and post it

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 09, 2007 11:52 AM: Message edited by: Starshadow ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Holy Devastator is most useful to a Paladin, though others can use it. - It's essentially the Epic big brother of the Holy Avenger.

I'd propose Thaylias take the +6 Plate of fire warding, and Celene take his +5 Shadow full plate (She's presently equipped with +2 full plate.)

Either Allie or Kel could benefit from the +8 leather. It would give Kel a slight chance of spell failure when worn, but 50 points of electricity protection per attack would be a good thing.

Likewise either Allie or Thurvold could benefit from the headband of intellect. It'd boost the DCs to Thurvold's spells while the intellect boost would improve Allie's Bardic knowledge but not her spellcasting.

Almost anyone would benefit from the shield and the cloak of resistance, and most of the other items.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The armor seems very nice but it might be better worn by Celene. Thaylias has basically gone his whole career with only a breastplate and shield, except when we ventured into the Underdark.

And wearing the full suit of armor will hamper his fighter based skills if they should ever be needed. Then again with all the magic and carpets his climbing or rope skills are getting rusty.

Besides I think red armor would look alot better on our paladin than black shadow armor [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thaylias already has a black Cloak of Resistance +5, so he may have interest in the new one found if no one else does. I will wait and see if anyone desires that, no worries either way.

IMPORTANT: I will more than likely not be able to get into game until 6:45pm cst. So if anyone notices this just spread the word for me. Thanks.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Carbon14sample:

And wearing the full suit of armor will hamper his fighter based skills if they should ever be needed.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't follow. How does it hamper his skills? he has been wearing full plate, which has more AC and less penalties than most armor. If Thaylias job is to get into combat and be the main tank, why would the armor not be good for him, especially given the huge fire resistance it provides? Remember that celen has other powers, like healing, detection and undead turning, as well as holy Smites and such, while Thaylias is role is purely to be the spearhead of the assault.

Understand, I am certainly not pushing anything on anyone. You are all free to play your characters as you see fit. I am just confused by the logic. Maybe I am missing something.

As for the leather armor, it is too big for Allie, clearly of barbarian design (with the feathers and beads and it has beast motifs carved into the leather).

The cloak will shrink or grow to look great on anyone. As Nancy stated, the other items can be used by just about anyone, though the intell based stuff is better for casters and the amulet and bracers for those who wear no physical armor.

all in all, this loot is worth millions...the largest you have ever seen, and if there are pieces you would rather sell, that is fine too. There should be at least one thing for almost everyone.

Oakshade would decline the shield. It is a phenomenal piece of equipment and should be taken by someone who always uses a shield. He uses it only part time, being a caster and archer.

You will laos need to decide what to do with the armor and weapons taken from tha vampires. two suggestions might be to give it to followers in Tindale, or as tribute to the king for his arsenal.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The loot from the tower is all Epic level equipment. Someone was being generous in giving us some of those goodies early. Epic starts at level 21. [img]smile.gif[/img] For example Lunari's Devastator is a +7 sword when used by a Paladin; only +3 when used by other classes. We've a set of +6 full plate, and +8 leather.

If Thaylias doesn't want the Full Plate +6 which also gives 50 points of protection against fire attacks, then he should take the Bulwark shield which'll give him some protection from cold attacks among other things. Kel might want to think about the shield too if he's wearing the armor. Spell failure would go to about 10-15 percent chance with both used.

I've no problem with Shanti having the cloak +7 along with the psionic ring. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Allie would appreciate the headband. The INT boost will help with her lore and knowledge skills. Pearls should be divided between Allie and Thurvold so they can be used for Identify spells. Oakshade should have the diamonds as spell components for his Resurrection spell.

The rest of the Lich's items probably would work best with our dwarf wizard, especially the Staff of Power.

If Celene keeps the Devastator, she'll give the Avenger to her lieutenant, Fiona, especially if she's got levels as a Paladin as well.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Shanti might like that cloak actually, if none object and the DM approves. As for the wealth, she's happy to give her share to the County of New Tindale

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 10, 2007 12:08 PM: Message edited by: Mockingbyrd ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Lyssandra:
    The loot from the tower is all Epic level equipment. Someone was being generous in giving us some of those goodies early.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">True. I wanted you to have a feel for the type of stuff you might get ifa dnwhen you go Epic. I also wanted you to feel like you were well rewarded for the completion of the longest chain of events reaching a conclusion since the Ring Quest. Okay, maybe the storyline hasn't concludd. Maybe it never will. But it certainly closed the page of that chapter.

With obvious exceptions of the psionic ring, barbarian armor and Holy Blade, none of the items were meant for specific people, though some of them fairly scream for specific individuals.

I also wanted your 20th level status to mean something. Your names will be known in every city and large town soon. Every person of note will know you.

You are really someones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast