Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It was a long trip from Taitiki Island but after many weeks of travel by boat, coach and on foot I arrived last eve and can now proceed with my reports to the elders.

My first impression was that the rumors that reached our ears regarding the fabled Caer Falken Inn were unjustified. On the surface it seems naught but a wayfarer's inn built atop the ruins of an older keep and run by retired adventurers. In fact, when I arrived there was no one present save the innkeeper and his staff, and a human and gnome among his patrons.

Then the one we heard of finally entered the inn's common room. The half-elf bard invited the three of us to listen to a tale. The time was at hand...The story started simply enough, though the pains to my head and stomach which soon followed the start of the tale nearly led me to believe the innkeeper had drugged my drink. When the feeling subsided, the tale began in earnest.

I found myself in a different place along with the human and gnome. Another storyteller was telling a tale of his and his brother's woes. The human female agreed to aid, and I agreed to aid her in the quest so that I might discover how the tales would end.

'Twas but a five mile hike to where the incident we were to investigate occurred. We did not find evidence of the huge battle that we were led to believe, but rather the spatters of blood, and broken jewelry one would find after a skirmish between two rivals for the hand of a lady. A pathway through the forest was found, and we three walked it.

In a clearing we found the brother of the man we agreed to aid; he was bound and being questioned by a goblin. Four other goblins were in the clearing. The five of them had made camp as some lean-tos had been erected. The human warrior charged forward and found herself surrounded by the four goblin henchmen. I materialized my weapon, and joined in the fight while our gnomish companion disappeared for a time. We drew first blood on the goblin warriors; the human felling one at almost the same time I gravely injured another. The apparent leader of this band shot me with an arrow. I broke off from assisting the other and dealt the archer a nearly mortal blow before the gnome crippled the goblin. We then proceeded to rejoin the human and dispatched the three remaining goblins. The brother was freed and we heard the true story of what had happened from his as our reward.

A chest containing some gold was taken by us, and a pair of gems plus some silver was found by the gnome among the goblins. At this point, we three found ourselves again at our starting point, the tale we heard come to an end. One of the trio I travelled with happened to notice my weapon despite the heat of battle. She asked me of it, though I have yet to speak to the question. I had hoped to keep my secret awhile longer, but the others would no doubt learn of it soon enough. Whether they will accept, or react as others have done remains to be seen....

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ September 03, 2005 05:18 PM: Message edited by: Lyssandra ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like the telling, well done. However, there were 4 goblins in addition to the leader. Don't sell yourself short!

I think Illithrielle, Erina and Mhicsal will make a nice alternate party on those nights when the others are absent. One night games with 2 females and one male remind me of the old days, with Celene, seara and Aoborr.

While it was a late start and a disappointment to see half the players absent, this last minute game was a pleasant consolation.

I hope you three also had fun.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, it was fun. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The post has been corrected, and credit given for the first kill, after reviewing the log I recorded. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I also enjoyed it quite a bit :-) And yet ANOTHER character! I can't keep up, hehe.

Let me know if you want me recruiting new players, I believe I have some in the wings.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

** An excert from the journal of Mhicsal **

I have recorded here a list of materials and items of worth that we seized from the horrendous and brutal goblins, actually they were quite dumb but oh well.
    Studded Leather
    Composit Shortbow w/ arrows
    Short Sword
    Small Steel Shield
    Pouch w/ 23 Silver pieces
    A Hematite
    A Cat's Eye Agate
    A Chest w/ 130 gold pieces

((ooc: Mhicsal had no need for any of the weapons or armor. I think one of you did request one of them, not sure. Mhicsal, Erina, and Illithrielle will each get 43gp, and 7sp. That leaves 1gp and 2sp and the two gems. My opinion would be to put all that was not an even divide into a kitty to buy healing potions, needed supplies, etc. Just post any thoughts and we will get it taken care of, thanks. ))

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yep, you remembered correctly [img]smile.gif[/img] Erina asked if she could have the shortbow, as she knows how to use one but ran short of cash, if this is NOT ok with everyone let me know? Otherwise please assume she took it and the arrows as well [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Originally posted by Carbon14sample:
    My opinion would be to put all that was not an even divide into a kitty to buy healing potions, needed supplies, etc. Just post any thoughts and we will get it taken care of, thanks. ))
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If you party agrees, that entire "kitty" will get you exactly one potion of Cure Light Wounds (caster level 1) <which would heal 1d8+1>

If the three agree, you may consider this done.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

1 of 3....agreed!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fine with me. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Late reply on this but sounds like that will be the plan then DM. Last nights game was fun, and now with Gallen and Nightpatch we have another great group.