Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Race Baiting as New Orleans Sinks
    By Tom Adkins (09/08/05)

It's a black thing
    The black mayor of New Orleans, a perpetually corrupt, crime ridden and impoverished city 20 feet below sea level, surrounded by an ocean, a lake and the Mississippi River, tepidly suggests his citizens evacuate as a giant hurricane approaches. For those with no means to leave, he does nothing. The white President of the United States begs him to evacuate for four days. A hundred thousand mostly black residents choose to stay. The massive storm promptly becomes the deadliest catastrophe in American history, flooding the city, killing thousands.

Meanwhile, over 10,000 rescue workers, mostly white, leave comfortable homes, jobs and families, stream in from all across America four days in advance. But when the storm turns at the last minute, rescuers become victims. Over 9,000 square miles and 200 miles of coastline over 4 states become devastated. Communication is cut off. All utilities are ruined. Thousands of roadways are laid to waste. Nearly every vehicle is swept away, including trucks, planes and boats. New Orleans becomes virtually impassable.

Undaunted, the white rescue workers use whatever means available to help save the poor black residents.

They are greeted by gunfire.

An unknown number of remarkably well-armed black people took over the city, wantonly raping, pillaging and murdering. They carjack rescue convoys, shoot at rescuers, levee repairmen, and even helicopters performing rescue missions. The operation is halted dead in its tracks.

And for this, white people are being labeled racist.

It didn't take long for the parade of race-whore vermin to rampage across the television screen, accusing white Americans of racial lollygagging. Rev. Calvin Butts declared, "I think a lot of it has to do with race and class." Jesse Jackson bluntly accused President Bush of racism. NBC?s live telethon for the victims of Hurricane Katrina features rapper Kanye West declaring, "George Bush doesn't care about black people."

Mayor Ray Nagin, who could have prevented much of the tragedy by merely ordering an evacuation two days earlier and deploying his 1,000 school bus fleet, began publicly swearing at everyone else but himself, particularly for not providing instant security. Really! Can you imagine if George Bush had clairvoyantly placed 20,000 soldiers in New Orleans the day the storm hit? Every white person in America knows Nagin, the Congressional Black Caucus, Rev. Jackson, the NAACP, and every black race hustler (but I repeat myself) in America would have shrieked "Racism!!!" Not sure? Kanye West already screamed "?they've given them permission to go down and shoot us!"

Its been a century-long modus operandi for every black liberal politician: Blame Whitey.

And for years, white America surrendered the race card trump, placating racial rabble-rousers with over 10 trillion dollars of social programs. Not enough. They created racial preference laws. Not enough. They laid every guilt trip possible on white people. Not enough.

Well, not this time.

See, Whitey wised up. We know black people cause modern Black America?s great plagues. Newt Gingrich doesn't run around knocking up 14-year-old black girls. Black men do. Ronald Reagan didn't gang bang and murder in the hood. Black men do. Rush Limbaugh doesn't coax black people into government servitude. Black liberals do. And certainly, William F. Buckley never advised black people to speak English like Jar Jar Binks. Black people do.

And in New Orleans, George W. Bush didn't ignore evacuation warnings, abandon poor black people trying to leave, loot the city and shoot rescuers. Black people did. Black people caused and could have prevented this entire tragedy, and when white people tried to help, black people literally tried to kill them.

That is a fact.

So, Black America, turn down the volume knob and listen carefully. Hear that? It?s the sound of White America heaving a sigh of indifference.

To be certain, this isn't an indictment of all black people, though its certainly a wake-up slap to a large black majority who listen to these cretins. It is, however, a direct accusation against liberal race prostitutes who dominate popular black leadership, create misery and mayhem in the black community for self-aggrandizing personal power, and then detestably blame White America, insisting we don't understand the plight of black people.

The only thing White America doesn't understand is why black leaders sell their fellow black brethren down the river, sometimes literally, and why black people keep buying the ticket. This week provided a disgusting example. After creating their own tragedy, black people across America had a magnificent opportunity to convert adversity into compassionate national unity. Instead, they chose Lord of the Flies anarchy.

I suppose, as they say, it?s a black thing.
    What do y'all think?? Truth or not???

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

first reading...
    i don't care for the lables...
    i question some of the statement validities...

i will return when i study it. can u give me some idea on the reporters background?

dave

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Dave I'm workin' on that as I type... Perhaps tomorrow I'll have the info as to the source and where it was written'......... Meanwhile, I got a storm to to prepare for.. [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i feel ya...

take care and if needed..

take cover.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Dave......... That info came via internt I was told..... and here's some more........ Ok back to battin' down the hatches. [img]frown.gif[/img]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IN KATRINA'S WAKE
    Storm-relief money
    spent at strip clubs
    Police in Houston find misuse
    of FEMA's $2,000 debit cards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted: September 16, 2005
    1:00 a.m. Eastern
    ? 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

On the heels of a report earlier this week that Atlanta area Katrina victims were using $2,000 debit cards to purchase luxury items like Louis Vuitton handbags, Houston police yesterday discovered the cards, provided by FEMA and the Red Cross, being used at local strip clubs.
    The Houston Police Department just formed a task force to investigate the abuse of the cards, which were distributed to thousands of Katrina hurricane victims to provide for necessities, such as food, clothing and toiletries. On the first day, the police found the cards being used to buy beer while ogling exotic dancers.

According to a report by KPRC, Channel 2, in Houston, a manager at Caligula XXI Gentlemen's Club said he has seen at least one debit card used at his club. A bartender at Baby Dolls, identified only as "Abby," said she has seen many of the cards used at her establishment.

"A lot of customers have been coming in from Louisiana and they've been real happy about the $1.75 beers and they're really nice," she said.

She couldn't say for sure whether the cards she has seen were from the Red Cross or from the Federal Emergency Management Agency, but she found no fault in using federal dollars to guzzle beer at a strip club.

"You lost your whole house, then, why not?" she said "You might want some beer in a strip club. There are a lot of guys out there that like to do that."

The wife of the manager of another strip club told KPRC that her husband has seen patrons from Louisiana offering Red Cross and FEMA debit cards, but she declined to reveal the club's name.

The FEMA and Red Cross cards have few restrictions, but some evacuees have gotten into trouble when they tried to get additional cards.

Meanwhile, Houston police are going undercover as evacuees to keep their eyes on those who get in line more than once.

"There may be some individuals who use some false identifications or providing false information on the forms, so we're targeting those persons also," said Lt. Robert Manzo.

Officers handed out a warning that falsifying government documents could result in a 20-year prison sentence.

Earlier this week, the New York Daily News reported that "profiteering ghouls" were using the debit cards in luxury-goods stores as far away as Atlanta.

"We've seen three of the cards," said a senior employee of the Louis Vuitton store at the Lenox Square Mall in affluent Buckhead. "Two I'm certain have purchased; one actually asked if she could use it in the store. This has been since Saturday."

Restrictions on the cards say they can't be used to purchase alcohol, tobacco or firearms.

The clerk at the Louis Vuitton store said: "There's nothing legally that prevents us from taking it, unfortunately ? other than morally, it's wrong." The unnamed employee told the Daily News two women who had made purchases with the card each bought a signature monogrammed Louis Vuitton handbag in the $800 range.

Meanwhile, in Memphis, Tenn., residents told News Channel 3 they saw Hurricane Katrina survivors purchase designer jeans, high heels and purses with their $2,000 emergency debit cards. According to the report, one Katrina victim was spotted at a Cordova clothier buying stacks of $65 designer jeans. Another viewer reported spotting a survivor buying "over $700 in high heel shoes and purses" at a Memphis department store "while (her) younger children, most of them looked under the age of 3, looked like they haven't showered in weeks."

"If they make an inappropriate decision as to what to purchase, the whole issue of victims' rights comes into play," said Bill Hildebrandt, chief executive officer of the Mid-South chapter of the Red Cross. "They have a right, I guess, to be inappropriate."

Hildebrandt conceded that the purchases could be traced, but he said if the receipts just said "shirt" or "jeans" or "clothes," there would be nothing the Red Cross could do. He said the Mid-South chapter stopped using the cards because the process became too cumbersome.

FEMA reportedly issued about 10,500 cards in the pilot program, with a total value of $20.6 million. Hildebrandt said some Red Cross chapters are still using the cards.

The cards have been a major source of confusion ? and resentment ? throughout the country.

On Sept. 7, after criticism about the federal government's slow response to helping the Katrina victims, the Bush administration announced that displaced families of the hurricane would receive the debit cards to spend on clothing and other immediate needs.

Two days later, FEMA scrapped the program after distributing the cards at shelters in Dallas, Houston and San Antonio, where many of the evacuees were moved. FEMA said then that no cards will be issued to victims in other states.

FEMA Director Mike Brown resigned a few days later after being sent back to Washington, D.C., and relieved of his duty as head of the federal government's hurricane efforts.

Since then, FEMA has stopped handing out the cash cards, but is now requiring evacuees in other states outside Texas to apply for cash assistance.

FEMA is still distributing $2,000 per household to victims of the hurricane, but the process has been slow. After a brief experiment with the debit cards, the agency is now directly depositing the money in bank accounts.

Hurricane victims have to register with the agency by calling an 800 number that is almost always busy. The same goes for a Red Cross fund, which has distributed $140 million thus far, determining the amount per family based on need.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

again- a quick reply...

once the govt...or an aunt...or anyone gives you something- it's yours.

what you buy with it is no ones business...now i know it pisses us all off for some to do this but...it is not our business.

i usta get upset when i watched people in line ahead of me buy steaks and chops and junk food and pay for it with food stamps...but...again...it is their money at that time...and it gauls me even now...but ...if they have $100 in food stamps or a voucher and want to buy 10 lbs of strip steaks instead of 50 lbs of hamburger...they loose. it's not like they get another $100 after...its monthly or what ever.

the fraud is another issue entirely.

guess it comes down to personal choice.
    and that is america.
    right or wrong.

wild- get covered...my brother outside of houston was told to leave last night.

my thoughts are with you and all the others in the path of nature.

dave

CanadianGirl

be safe wild and know we are thinking about you and others

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Father Dave:
    again- a quick reply...

once the govt...or an aunt...or anyone gives you something- it's yours.

what you buy with it is no ones business...now i know it pisses us all off for some to do this but...it is not our business.

i usta get upset when i watched people in line ahead of me buy steaks and chops and junk food and pay for it with food stamps...but...again...it is their money at that time...and it gauls me even now...but ...if they have $100 in food stamps or a voucher and want to buy 10 lbs of strip steaks instead of 50 lbs of hamburger...they loose. it's not like they get another $100 after...its monthly or what ever.

the fraud is another issue entirely.

guess it comes down to personal choice.
    and that is america.
    right or wrong.

wild- get covered...my brother outside of houston was told to leave last night.

my thoughts are with you and all the others in the path of nature.

dave
    <font size="4" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma,sans-serif">ha-replying to self...

glad to see things did not get out of hand as it did in N.O. and other places- my bro called from Interstate 45 saying he had been on the road (Thursday) 4 hrs and had traveled less than 4 miles...no gas stations-restaurants-fast food-nuttin open.

but the bottom line is- it worked.

racism??? sure there was some- always will be no matter what the situation is, in sports; politics or whatever.

most of us claim we are not bigots or racists- but if we search our souls we will find something that borders on or even goes right to the heart of throwing stones and judging others.

does it make us wrong? my opinion is: if we do it with forgone knowledge it will hurt someone or some race...yes.

<font color="red">we all bleed red...</font>

but, again, that's just my opinion.

dave

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just a quick note cuz I've been so busy!! We made it thru the storm and thank GOD I had a generator here and my prayers were answered.. Will post more later....
    Thanks for the concerns.. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

very interesting reading....many thanks, do not know who you are but glad you seemed to come through okay..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast