Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This song is called Cancer from My chemical Romance I thought the lyrics were very touching and everyone has been touched by cancer one way or another and I thought I would share them.

Turn away
    If you could get me a drink, of water
    'cause my lips are chapped and faded
    call my aunt marie
    help her gather all my things
    and bury me in all my favorite colors
    my sisters and my brothers still
    I will not kiss you
    'cause the hardest part of this
    is leaving you

Now turn away
    'cause i'm awful just to see
    'cause all my hairs abandoned all my body
    oh my agony
    know that i will never marry
    baby i'm just soggy from the chemo
    but counting down the days to go
    It just ain't living
    And I just hope you know
    that if you say
    goodbye today
    I'd ask you to be true
    'cause the hardest part of this is leaving you
    'cause the hardest part of this is leaving you

I hope you enjoyed them, I know when I first heard them it made me sad but thats not why I posted them.I posted them so we people who have not had cancer can see things from a patients point of view. If anyone is offended or upset over these i appologize this is not my intent.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*hugggs*... i'm not offended... *smoooch*...

i spent a lot of time taking care of my grandmother when she was dying from cancer... she was diagnosed SO long ago, and was given 3 months to live... she lived for about 30 more YEARS after that, so this tells you the kinda woman we're dealing with... s*

she was big on courage, for someone who barely weighed 95 pounds soaking wet when she was WELL. i thought about her yesterday when i read this, and i've been thinking about her since... which is not a bad thing... i miss her... [img]frown.gif[/img] things got bad towards the end... she wasn't my "granny" that i had known for all those years... she was always the sweetet, kindest, most gentle soul... *sighs*... i figure if i was dying from cancer, had sores in my mouth from chemo that were so bad i couldn't eat... and had no appetite... no hair... no will to go on (my grandfather died a year ealier of congestive heart failure... she was heartbroken, and could not get past it... she simply didn't really feel like going on in the first place, and then when she got sick, she just didn't have the will left to fight as hard as she did all the other times she came out of remission...)... after a lifetime of sweetness and goodness... i suppose she earned the right to be a little bitchy at the end... i never remember her that way anymore...sick, cross, so tiny and wasted looking... too weak finally to do anything but moan in the morphine induced haze, unable to even tell us what was hurting, so we could try to make it stop.... after a while you realize that in the end, there IS no making it stop.... even with a continuous morphine pump... there are only so many nights you can sit through listening to someone moan, toss and turn, crying and shaking... until you think please... if there is a god.... just make it stop.... don't let her go on like this. As much as i want her here... i want her not to hurt MORE. *wiping my eyes*... then you get to feel guilty when they finally DO go, for wishing it...

wow. that was some vent.... *wiping eyes more*...i had no idea where that was going until it went. i haven't talked about it in a LONG time... as i said, i don't normally think of her in that way... i've come to see her as i did when i was a child... sweet, loving, gentle, but strong... that was my gran... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well i'm glad that it helped you vent it's good to talk about people from your past even if it hurts a little cos talking about it makes you think and get over it a little more each time

The song I find is amazing and for once it shows the feelings of the actual patient.I encourage people to actually download the song if not buy the cd (i didnt really like them up until now so it takes time to ease into them)

But I hope others post and what not