Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Alright fellow message-boarders, I have a new topic to introduce. I am taking a class right now called "Beat Literature" where we read some really awesome books. I just finished "On the Road" by Jack Kerouac, and another by the same author titled "Dharma Bums". Both books are well written, and describe a lifestyle outside of America's standard. Its filled with drugs, sex, music, search for kicks, and a greater philosophical approach to life. I reccomend both books, especially the former.

Another book I just finished for fun, "Kingdom of Fear" by Hunter S. Thompson was also a nice read. It was just a bunch of random stories by the author of "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas." this man has lived of unparralled insanity. For example, he almost killed Jack Nicholson with an elk heart, giant 40-mile visible firework morter, and a shotgun (funny story). It was good, but I dont know how strongly I would reccomend it. At times, some of the longer stories are a bit boring, or with no entertainment value and no point.

If you have read any good books latley, tell us about them, and make some recomendations.

My recomendation of the week is "On the Road."

Also, the Maddox book, and Tucker Max book are out/coming out. Those should be funny.

-Arthur aka Shinigama

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just finished "the Amulet of samarkand." it is the fist book in "the Bartimaeus trilogy." i recomend this trilogy, the first book was excelent. I recomend this trilogy if you like wizards and demons and what not.