Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New characters while a player is away?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We all hope the entire group can play together soon, and we're holding off the high level group by mutual consent and in hopes that all goes well.

However, the group we are playing with now also has a character of his, so I mentioned the possiblity of us making and playing brand new characters. At our DM's suggestion, I'm putting up this thread so we can talk about it.

What do you guys think?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm game to start a new set, even if temporary. I've a few ideas that might be interesting and perhaps a bit different than we've played before.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I leave it to you two, I'll make a new one if you all decide to go ahead, but as it looks now there is only one more Friday he'll likely be missing, this one (March 9th) He's hoping now to be back by the 16th. I'll let you know if this changes, let me know if I need to ge my etools fired up for another character though.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

~feels a burning sensation at the back of his ears~

Hello everyone. I am back and connected though using my old system. I believe the only thing I need to do is go to CFI and follow the instructions to get the newer version of program upand running. If everyone wants to make new characters let me know. My world was somewhat turned upside down last week but I think things have leveled off and should be able to keep up with whatever you guys decide. Also, I still do not know what my schedule will be at FedEx, wont know until Thursday. Hope everyone has been doing well.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I should have mentioned this yesterday but it sliped my mind. Maybe it is a good idea if you made other characters in the case that my schedule will conflict with the start time that we have. There is a chance that I will not be able to play at the 630 pm cst start. Again, I will not know this until Thursday at the earliest. Hopefully it will not be an issue, I would hate to bow out but I felt I should tell you all so you can have back up plans if needed.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good to hear from you Carbon. The New character idea was so you wouldn't feel left out or end up too far behind when you did get back. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sounds like (From your second post) that at least having 1st level backups might be a good idea. Hummingbird, Lyssandra, what were you thinking of making (while admitedly, they may never get used)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I for one had been toying with some ideas depending on what sources Christopher would allow. Here are a few of the ideas spinning around in my head:

1. Half-Giant Psychic Warrior. (Expanded Psionic Handbook)

2. Wu-Jen (Complete Arcane)

3. Spellthief (Complete Adventurer)

4. A Gladiator type fighter which uses a Trident and Net combination.

Nice to hear from you again as well so soon, Mark. From the way it was stated on the board it sounded as if you'd be away for a long time.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 07, 2007 01:44 PM: Message edited by: Lyssandra ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Lyssandra:
    Here are a few of the ideas spinning around in my head:

1. Half-Giant Psychic Warrior. (Expanded Psionic Handbook)

I think we have enough psionics for now. I am not adverse to monstrous characters, though I do not have the3rd edition rules on them.

2. Wu-Jen (Complete Arcane)

Disqualified through prejudice. Nothing against Asians personally, but don't want them in my Medieval Fantasy

3. Spellthief (Complete Adventurer)

I will have to see what I can dig up on this one, I am not sure if I have that book.

4. A Gladiator type fighter which uses a Trident and Net combination.

Gladiators werer typically slaves, and there is no slavery in Talagon, nor any sustem of glaiatorial tournaments. I am also hazy on how the game mechanics for net use would pan out, so let's pass on this idea too.
    <font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ March 07, 2007 01:44 PM: Message edited by: Lyssandra ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I do not wish to give people the idea that I don't want unique or unusual character concepts. But some do not fit the flavor of the world setting while others are a headache to play.

Send me the spell thief info or keep trying.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here's a link from the Wizards website that covers the spellthief:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20050107a

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I still have a 3rd level pally actually, Erina. If we start a new cycle of Lowbies I'd like to reactivate her, any of you still have your 3rd levels out there or did you progress them?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast