Thread: wetten das

Kelliiii

i was clearing out my old videos the other day and came across joh & the rent gang on wetten das probably filmed around early 1999. john has changed so much in his appearance in the past 7 years. i like the looks of john in the old days - now that's what i'm talking abt - the look of roger in rent!!! even off stage he had that *roger* look in person - loved it! not so sure of the mature look he has now.

ps - that rent gang is still the best company i've ever seen do rent & i've seen the show in new york many times, germany, chicago, & the us national tour.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yeah ::sigh:: the good old Roger look. Damn he was hot back then [img]wink.gif[/img]

wasn't too sure about the entire cast though, I mean, they were great, but a bunch of them had horrible accents, and some of the acting in the beginning was kinda, uh... yeah (speaking of wetten das, Roger Tum Tugger mucho?). I just, dunno, if you asked me for favorite actors I've seen, I think the one who ranks highest would be Peti as second-best Mimi.

Kelli, did you manage to catch the Frankfurt cast? They were damn amazing... I guess it's a good idea to force your entire cast to live together [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, my friend told me and I was going crazy.. (I tend to do that quite often, I guess..)
    She's gonna be Ozzy/Meatloaf. ^-^

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That Wetten Dass Show was the first time I saw Rent and I didn't know it until I recognised Seasons of Love a year after when I bought the CD. Damn it, I guess I've told this story far too often but it was just one of these weird incidents that influence your life.. *insert melancholic gesture here*
    Anyway, I kind of kept to John, Alex, DMJ and Peti. No matter what 'phase' I've got concerning Musicals I always end up with them again. -_-*
    e.g. We will Rock you in cologne staring Alex, DMJ and in a few months even Peti! -> That's gonna be like paradise on earth only with a lack of Johnny.. [img]wink.gif[/img]
    But the musical's really cool anyway, even if it weren't for the two/three of them.

Okay, I obviously got carried away a bit.. ^-^
    *Hugz*
    Bombi

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Peti's joining WWRY??? ::sigh:: too bad I'm broke.

Kelliiii

@anna - nope- didn't see the frankfurt cast - i'm grounded in the states for the moment. i'll be seeing the usa national tour of rent in chicage in a couple of weeks, tho. hear anything abt them?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

uh, they have a 18-year old Mimi that's supposed to be aweful. The guys playing Mark and Roger are supposed to be pretty good. Overall I've heard REALLY different oppinions on this cast from 'awesome' to 'completely dreadful'. (check compulsivebowlers.org (tour forum) for more stuff)

Kelliiii

anna: BAD BAD BAD is all I can say abt that US Mimi - she slaughtered Out Tonight - I think she was going to need to leave the stage in the middle of the song because her voice cracked all over the place. Even my daughter said her voice was extremely annoying & she didn't even want to see it the second time if the same person did Mimi...& she's a big rent fan. I've seen Rent a total of 10 times on 2 continents & this production is by far the worst...the only decent performer was the person who played Mark. The whole show was so overacted & I think the director told them to overact because they sure as hell can't sing!! I saw 2 different Rogers & both were very sad...Angel was pretty decent (too muscular for the part however), but how can anyone screw uo playing Angel when that's such a great part to begin with. Horrible - still say the only cast that ever moved me was the German Rent cast..Peti, Alex, John, David....there will never ever be a cast that good

<font color="#990009" size="1">[ April 15, 2006 11:18 AM: Message edited by: Kelliiii ]</font>