Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I haven't rented a video for quite a while but My stepdaughter rented a few last weekend.

The Cronicals of Narnia - I had read the books and was surprised at how well the movie followed the books.
    The special effects were very well done and beliveable. This looks like a future classic.

Batman, A new Beginning- I love the Dark Knight comic books and finally a movie that does not make a joke out of my favorite Super Hero.
    I though it was a bit slow starting, but I really enjoyed this movie, I though the weakest link was Katie Holmes as the DA.
    I like how they left the ending as though they planned on a sequel, Which I hope they do in the near future.

Have you rented anything recently that you really liked (or really hated)? Share it with us.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh yeah Rog,
    Loved Narnia ( it was sooo close to what my head saw when I read the book) and Batman begins!!!
    We tend to purchase rather than rent...got Chicken Little (Ty loves it)But IMO its no Incredibles or Nemo. I can't wait for the new pixar CaRS!!!

Randy did rent the first season of 24 and Hostel this week. Watched all of 24 and it truly is great...I steered clear of the Hostel flick so far although I love Tarantino!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This doesn't really fall in the rental realm, but I purchased the movie Aeon Flux with Charlize Theron. I never got a chance to see it at the theater like I wanted, so I snagged it on DVD. Although it has very little to do with the original MTV offering, I found it an enjoyable movie with some stunning visuals. After seeing on the TV, I really wish I had been able to make it to the theater for it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

After rereading the posts, I realize there was one on the hate side too. Several people related to me (by law) and a couple of coworkers recommended Rob Zombies "Devil's Rejects" to me. Probably because they know I love a good movie with crazy people. Well the DR wasn't one of them. Although the extra disk of background info was entertaining, I thought the movie itself was less so. The one redeeming feature on there was that the sheriff turned bad. That was a nice touch. Many times I've wondered how much it would take to push someone good over the line to evil. What would be the points that would send someone over the edge. But except for the social commentary, avoid the movie.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the review Sporty. Aeon is one I would like to see, but Julie says I'll have to watch it alone (too strange for her).
    I like Rob Zombies music, but Devils Rejects ads didn't make me wanna run out & rent it.
    The new Mission Impossible looks kinda interesting, I like the action movies.

[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sis [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] This is for Ty...chickenlittle

I'm just a big (really big) kid at heart, I love those animated movies. The Incredibles is one of my favorites. On the new box of Fruit Loops, There are some drawings from CARS, as well as a free toy in the package, I like free toys (in a box of cereal costing nearly $4.00) [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

AHHH Rog, Tyler loved the little chicken pic!!!

You're so sweet!!! [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

chicken little 20050829031823203 00

As sweet as an Orange Soda Pop? [img]cool.gif[/img]

<font color="#000000" size="1">[ May 03, 2006 10:04 PM: Message edited by: ellanoize ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I bought Constantine a few weeks ago...I loved it!!! Just bought The Punisher the other day on my way home from school. Have yet to see it. I rarely go to movies or rent them. Usually if my Mom or Dad see them and say they are good or something or friends do I buy them and watch them. It gives me something else to fdo. Besides...John Travolta is in The Punisher and he is one BAD ASS actor. He just exudes this aura of coolness whether he is playing a good guy or a bad guy. Kind of like Nicolas Cage does. It is funny I have a ton of DVD's and the only DVD player I have at home is the one on my computer. I have a good sound system with the comp and a huge monitor so I have like my own little home theater system in here but it is just funny that I don't actually have a DVD player on the main TV....LOL. [img]eek.gif[/img]

canadarocks

I loved the Devils Rejects but that's my kinda movie..Saw 2 was good..unexpected ending..High Tension was also good...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast