Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just a few questions for the DM about the extra character ideas and maybe a thread to discuss it between those players considering it.

Is there any particular group you want this for more than the others?

What level should we put them in in comparison to the group they are with?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My thoughts are that it could happen with any of the groups. With the two players no longer active, there're gaps that can be filled in all three parties.

For instance, the Jodshire group consists of 3 warriors and a cleric. (Clem, Lyra, Del and Finley) while the 3rd level group has a rogue, druid and two warriors (Mhicsal, Illithrielle, Gallen, and Erina.)

I am in the process of joining Celene to the Tindale group. She's a 12th level Paladin while the other characters are 13th/14th, so Kel and Oak won't need to be in the forefront with two 'tanks' unless they want to be.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mmm, sounds like if I make an extra PC for the Tindale group that we're filled on the warrior types if Celene is coming in. Perhaps I'll go with another wizard or arcane caster, though admitedly, Oakshade might appreciate healing back up (Though Celene can provide that as well).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Dramavictim:
    Just a few questions for the DM about the extra character ideas and maybe a thread to discuss it between those players considering it.

Is there any particular group you want this for more than the others?

What level should we put them in in comparison to the group they are with?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This is what I like about discussion groups, and about this group of players. The reason I think that this game has survived, is not just my godlike GMing skills [img]tongue.gif[/img] or the fantastic players. It is the fact that we exchange ideas. While my decisions are final, it doesn't mean i don't listen to your input, and while some of the plots turn out to be great, it is as much from the creative synergy between us all than just my creative writing.

Which brings me to Drama's questions: It hadn't even occured to me to allow this double-character playing with any group OTHER than Tindale.

Nancy brings up a good point in that we can do it with the lower level groups. In fact, you can evem merge those two lower groups if you want, perhaps leaving one character available as a death back up for those players who don't want to do both. In fact, for those who have never multi-tasked this way, learning to do it with new characters is a lot easier.

My only concern is game flow (IN any GROUP). For a while, we had picked up the pace a bit. lately we have slowed down significantly, sometimes having 5 or even 10 minutes between posts. Maybe two characters will give opportnity to close that gap. But maybe it will slow it down.

as for the generating of new characters for any group, I reserve the right to review any incoming characters, especially because they may not start at level one. I do not think I ever want to see party members more than three levels below the norm. Garrick and jaskyn didn't do too badly being lower than the rest, but it is easier to survive at those levels when the AC is above 20 and hp's above 50.

Please discuss further how you want to go...who you want to play, and if you want to add new characters. which ones. Also discuss the idea of merging groups, so that we may end up with only two: Tindale and the lowbies.

As always, I welcome your input.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mmm, sounds like if I make an extra PC for the Tindale group that we're filled on the warrior types if Celene is coming in. Perhaps I'll go with another wizard or arcane caster, though admitedly, Oakshade might appreciate healing back up (Though Celene can provide that as well).
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oakshade can always be taken out. He is not a genuine PC.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, my thought is any characters for Tindale that are 'from scratch' (Which for me, would be most likely) should have a good reason to be there. Survivors from some of those destroyed villages, folks sent by some noble to serve Thaylias in his quest, a dwarf who is repaying a clan debt... stuff like that strikes me as making sense.

Characters not from scracth wouldn't have to worry about that as much, natch. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Another thought that occurs to me, is would a prestige class character be allowed? Not possible at lower levels, but at the Tindale level it would be possible to make a character that is say, 5 levels in one class, 5 in another, and just starting a prestige class.

I agree that speed could be a big concern, and if it slows us down too much to try extra characters, then we might need to scrap or revamp the idea, but it still worth a trial run [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Starshadow:
    Oakshade can always be taken out. He is not a genuine PC.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, truth to tell, I'm actually fond of Oakshade. Kel rather likes having an elf in the party so he can learn more about his mother's people [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Another cleric, or even a druid, might be a good starting point.

Originally I planned to dual Allie to a wizard or sorcerer to go along with her rogue skills. I took bard after Christopher suggested it, and it worked out pretty well. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I debated between Gwylln and Celene for Tindale. Both could be useful for the reasons mentioned in the above post. I chose Celene because of the different paths: Celene will be more of a frontline fighter alongside Thaylias, while Allie can still be at the rear for support and sneaking.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, my thought is any characters for Tindale that are 'from scratch' (Which for me, would be most likely) should have a good reason to be there. Survivors from some of those destroyed villages, folks sent by some noble to serve Thaylias in his quest, a dwarf who is repaying a clan debt... stuff like that strikes me as making sense.

Characters not from scracth wouldn't have to worry about that as much, natch. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Another thought that occurs to me, is would a prestige class character be allowed? Not possible at lower levels, but at the Tindale level it would be possible to make a character that is say, 5 levels in one class, 5 in another, and just starting a prestige class.

I agree that speed could be a big concern, and if it slows us down too much to try extra characters, then we might need to scrap or revamp the idea, but it still worth a trial run [img]smile.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree that there should be motivation, and Drama's suggestions are good ones. And I have nothing against PrC's. Allie is one. Thaylias is one. Merilin and Celene are as well. However, I want all characters to have at least one bonefide level played in game prior to opting for a PrC. If a 5/5 comes in with regular classes and then gains a level, making him or her 11th, then that level 11 can be a level 1 PrC, provided I have approved it. Currently the game has about equal shares "Official" and "CFI" PrC's. Frankly, some of the Official ones would not be allowed (not that I think anyone wants to play a Blighter [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You guys are comming up with some interesting possibilities and I am looking forward to seeing how it plays out. Again, I think it wise that I stay away from playing two pc's in the Tindale campaign. Since two of you look like you will be doing just that I doubt there is a need for more. Reading the above posts made me remember which group Finley belongs too.. it would be nice to ruffle the ol dwarfs beard a bit. In this tread it was suggested to combine some of the lowbies, possibly into one group. This I would like to attempt, playing Mhicsal and Finley would be challenging for me but I think fun and rewarding. Thaylias is pretty much a straight up warrior so playing another fighter class might get a bit repetitios. But playing a grumpy Dwarf and a happy go lucky gnome would definately add some flavor for me. I dont know what you think of this idea Christopher. I know one thing I will have to brush up on the rules of these classes. I have tried to become prompt with my rolls and posts in the games but sometimes blunder on specific rules. So researching my other two; a rogue and a cleric, will be a must. Let me know what you think on this Christopher.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast