Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

Pretty much a place for you to write your theories on SM and LotR. I usually find that a lot of my stories develop from theories (or slightly au conspiracies like chibi-usa being setsuna's kid cause they both have red eyes and are so close, xP) so i thought we could write our theories and whatnot plus facts to support it. that way, people could disprove, tell you what's wrong with, and lead to a better story that isn't ANOTHER betrayal fic (or ANOTHER join the fellowship fic where cosmos is all powerful but CAN'T do poopie). could also be called a "What if" section i guess. heh.

so here's my thoughts on Usagi's hair (superficial, I know).
    Usagi has three hair colors. Gold, silver (as serenity/neoqueen/cosmos), and red (as her future chibi-chibi in the manga). I believe that this is because when the moon is rising/setting, it gives off a gold color. When it's high up in the sky, it's silver/white. When there's a lunar eclipse, it turns red. whaddya think?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mmm.. interesting bout the hair. On that note: the Odango's. Do they have anything to do with the moon and sun or something like that... [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think that it's gold when she's Serena and when she's transformed SM. Silver / white due to the reflections of the moon / moon rays and also it represents her as a higher order ie as Cosmos. Red ... interesting thought must think on that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Interesting speculations bout the hair. And Tom as the Witchking! *falls over* (though I think I saw that one somewhere before, that theory never ceases to surprise me. But hey, ya never know!) Just wanna say one thing before I have to run off and shovel again:

<center><font size="7">Celebrian *IS* Selenity!</font></center>

Discuss amongst yourselves. ^_^"

Edit: Just found this spiffy site bout the Nazgul! Never knew so much about them individually! w00t! The Nine, The Terrible, The Nazgul of Mordor

<font color="#ffffcc" size="1">[ January 28, 2004 11:35 AM: Message edited by: Callisto Star ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's an interesting speculation, but I wonder what her hair has to connect with the moon though....

My whacky theory (wishful thinking), Tom Bombadil is Murazor!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've seen a pic or two with Serena having pink hair. I dunno maybe it's a lunarian thing where as they age their hair colour changes. Or in Rini's case Pluto's her mother. I don't think there's any connections between the style that Serenity and Selenity wore on the moon. Maybe there is and Naoko just isn't going to tell the world.

Red "I am the ruler of all of you! I am blood! Lifes blood! I am the color of danger and of bravery. I am willing to fight for a cause. I bring fire to the blood! I am the color of passion and of love, the red rose,
    the poppy and the poinsettia. Without me,
    the earth would be as empty as the moon!" from enchantedencounters.com/colors.htm
    Maybe to make up for her cowardly actions from running Cosmos gives herself a hair colour that reminds her of her lost ones and what she must stand up for in the end.

angelwing6117 I read that story you're talking about. There's about 3 chapters to it? I found it a few days ago. Such good stories fall off the face of the earth. Maybe, right now I'm in the middle of trying to get Thranduil and Cosmos to work with me. I could probably write a one shot for it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ooh, cosmos/thranduil? the only time i saw that was in the one where cosmos is legolas's mom. "the will of the ring" i think or else im getting my titles mixed up. oh well. there wasn't a lot of the relationship between the two of them in that story though so im really looking forward to reading yours. is it already out or are you working on the first chapter?

the story i was talking about, i thought there was only one chapter to it! im so glad you told me because now i have to go and read the rest of it. yay!

as much as i like to write fanfiction, i LOVE to read it so if you would write a one-shot, that would be FABULOUS. (but only once you have time because i wanna read about cosmos/thranduil too. heh.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

O! Do post the link for that one! I will happily badger the author to write more... not that it'll help much lol.

<font size="1">Digging through my stuff, I actually came across the beginnings of a fics that had, well, a similar idea. The idea that what if the Ship of the Three Rings (and frodo and bilbo) didn't make it to Valinor. What if their purpose was different...

... well, there was a bunch of ideas I had scratched down bout what happened and the forging of the Ginzuishou by combining the elvish rings... but to make a long story short, they never made it to Valinor and ended up arriving on the shores of an Earth in the (soon to be) Silver Millennium. With their great knowledge and power, this "shipload" made Earth and the surrounding planets more prosperous etc... eventually established kingdoms and such... and Galadriel took the name "Selene"...</font>

Yeah, the idea is intruiging to pursue it (at some point gah!). We shall see. Back to theories... ^_^"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

oh, i know! (wait, selenity as in the queen, right?)
    i think it would be great if the grey havens where all the elves live was actually the moon kingdom. that's why you can only get there on that special path on the seas. selenity/celebrian could be living there with their second daughter, serenity. how cool would that be? it explains why selenity doesn't have a husband (on SM).

i actually read a one-shot where neo-queen serenity fell into LotR world after crystal tokyo was destroyed. she found her way into rivendell and all the elves thought she looked exactly like celebrian, only younger. when she woke up, she thought that elrond was endymion...and that's how it ended. i was really hoping for more but oh well. maybe this will give someone some ideas.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Loon Theory:

*When Cosmos is in her senshi form, she has silver hair. But in her human form, her hair is blood red from all of the battles she's seen.

Umm... there were more, but I'll add later [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast