Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How is School Going?

Felicity_Fan85

How is school going so far for everyone? For us it is pretty good. Hallie and I are learning the states (where they are) and their abbreviations. Rosalind and Megan are learning state capitals. I'm almost done with my first reading book. I have to finish it by next Friday and write a book report on it by the 18th! [img]confused.gif[/img] I'm not good at book reports! Hallie has to do the same. I'm not sure if Roz and Megs have anything like that yet. But yeah, that is our updates for now.
    ~Kirsten

horselvr2

school is so fun for us....sometimes it is...well, the only time it is fun is when we get private school, because sometimes we go to public school, somtimes private.
    -kit-

Felicity_Fan85

What's your favorite subject? Mine is math and science; Megan's is reading and language arts; Kirsten's is art and reading; and Hallie's is reading and science. I don't what the girls in Star Valley like best as I've yet to meet them.

***Rosalind***

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We go to a boarding school, except now Lissie and Piper go to college (don't tell her but we're kind of glad Piper doesn't go to school with us anymore). We really like it because we all get to work together. Piper likes college because she gets to take classes she's interested in.
    Our favorite subject is history. We love learning about different time periods and cultures! We are also getting an exchange student from the 1940s this Christmas. We think her name is Emily. Our teacher won't tell us because she says we gossip too much. [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]
    Last year we read a book about Pioneers called A Pioneer Sampler. Right now we are doing a sort-of outdoor ed thing for science and gym. It is a doll version of survivor.

Felicity_Fan85

That's cool your getting an exchange student coming! Jess is coming for Christmas; right now she's in Belize. I think the 5th grade is going to do a project on Belize and then they're going to teach us 4th graders about it. That won't be for a little while though.
    ~Kirsten

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, now that Emily is here, I'm doing better with my multiplication tables...I didn't think I'd ever get the hang of them! School is definitely better now with Emily!

Molly (typed by Lindsey)

horselvr2

yeah, know I can type 40 WPM from computer essentials!!! (my mom also has to go to computer essentials) but my mom can type 60 WPM! So anyways now, i can type a lot of messages on here!
    ~sammie parkington [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img]

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 06, 2006 03:49 PM: Message edited by: pockadotgirl ]</font>

Felicity_Fan85

What's WPM? I think I'm starting to get a teensie bit better at math. Hallie helps me a lot.
    ~Kirsten

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jessica here, WPM is words per minute, I think I can only type like 30 words per minute. Hope that helps you. The girls here go to Pleasant Town Elementry School, which is really small, it has 3 classrooms, baby, 3rd, & 4th/5th. Most of the girls are in 3rd or 4th. I am in 3rd and we are learning spelling, math (double & triple adding and subtracting), & I am reading a magic tree house book for our reading counts test on Friday. It is about the amazon. Tonight I had to write my spelling words 10x each and there were 15 of them! We try to help each other before we have to go to our rooms. Sometimes it takes me longer because I have bad handwriting, but I am getting better. Well I better go to bed.
    Later

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm taking a break from school...for now! Since I got home from traveling, I've been EXHAUSTED, so I'm catching up on my sleep. Molly's letting me sleep in her bed.

So I'll get back to school eventually, but resting sure is nice! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Ann

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast