Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

UNGLAUBLICH!!

SLARTIBARTFAST that was amazing. You sucked me right into the moment and I could actually feel the bond between Kitty and Kurt jumping out of your post and grabbing me by the heart strings! Geez louise, we have some really talented writers in here...

BAMF!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Oh and KC the High evolutionary found a way to nullify the mutation of ALL of Earth's Homo Superiors during Alan Davis' last story arc on the X-books. This act is what actually led to the NEO declaring war on both Homo Sapiens AND Homo-Sapiens Superior!

BAMF!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

--Holy Moley! This is the 300th Post!!--
    *shuffles feet* Aw, shucks. Thanks guys!

Ja, It was last spring in Alan Davis' run. It started in Uncanny 379, I thought it was pretty cool. X-Men 99 was called "Oh, the Humanity!" and it was my inspiration.

Kurt is working out in the Danger Room and can't cut it. He looks normal, with black hair and blue eyes. He's volunteered to stay in the mansion by himself to house sit while everyone else goes out to enjoy being "normal." He can't adjust to being human. Piotr and Kitty tell him basically to get used to it and get on with life.

They get their powers back in the next issue of Uncanny and the next thing you know six months are gone, Claremont's back and Kurt's a priest.

I just wondered if there was a connection.

biggrin
    ~Award-winning designer of Norway's lovely crinkly edges.~

[This message has been edited by Knight_Crawler (edited December 08, 2000).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

See? I JUST got back in...old history I know...but I have a 4 year gap in the middle (about summer 96 - fall 2000) of my mind's history...I need back issues badly. I was "too old" for comics during that time, and then I got back into them, but I couldn't afford them and just wished I could get them. And then I sprung the money and got subs to X-Men, Uncanny, and Wolvie again. And just last week, I subbed to Ultimate. Seems like it will be worth it!

------------------
    So there.

--KC--

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Slar,that was really good! biggrin

------------------
    `~`~`Dragonlady`~`~`

"All I am is a man trying to live his life the best he knows how and be true to what he was taught." Nightcrawler-Excalibur Bookshelf Format#1

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've been wondering what happened around and during the six-month gap at the start of Claremont's run. I think something reeaally drastic and X-tra angsty must have happened to Kurt to make him quit the team and run screaming for the church. How 'bout we figure out what, round-robin fan fic style. I don't want to take anyone away from the most excellent story going on in the other topic but this has been bugging me and maybe it bugs some other people too. I'll get the ball rolling...

She stood at the mansion window. One of the Professor's Rolls Royces wound its way down to the gate and turned onto the road. Soon it was out of sight, lost among the dark trees and fog. She started as a hand dropped onto her shoulder.

"Well? Is he gone darlin'?"

"Yeah..."

"Did you find anything out? Is he just blowin' off steam or is he serious?"

"Dammit! I don't know Logan!" She jerked away from him.

He stiffened. "Hrrrmmm...Ya don't have to snap my head off!" His voice softened, his hands dropping to his sides. "I'm just as worried as you are..."

Kitty brushed the tears off her cheeks with an impatient hand. "This isn't supposed to happen...not to him! He's always been the stable one. When everyone, everything else falls apart he was always strong...as strong as Cyke or Storm..."

"I don't know Katzchen..." his voice was soft; his accent pronounced. He unfolded gracefully from his gargoyle-like perch on the sofa and paced across the room. The rain had stopped. A thick fog rolled across the wide green grounds of the mansion. Kitty waited.

Kurt stood stiffly in front of the window, his back very straight. He studied his three-fingered hands, not even looking out the window.

"All my life I've been different," he stared at the floor as he spoke, eyes glowing dimly in the semi-darkness. "As a child it was sometimes painful to be stared at by strangers, to have parents take my playmates away. Later, I grew to relish my uniqueness - God made me this way for a reason, I accepted that.

"The High Evolutionary took that away. I could not keep my balance without my tail...I was no longer an acrobat. The loss of my teleportation power was not as disconcerting as the rest."

He turned suddenly and looked at her, his smile pained her. "Katzchen, I looked in the mirror and saw a stranger. I did not like that stranger. All I am is the sum of my mutations. Without them...Kurt Wagner didn't - doesn't - exist. Ever since then...I..."

He ducked his head and turned his face to the window. Not quickly enough for her to miss the tear that slid down his cheek. Kitty felt her own eyes fill. She reached out to him, sliding her arm around his shoulders. She pulled him to her, trying to comfort him but unsure what to say.

"Kurt, that's just not true. You're a great person. And you're the same person inside with or without blue fur."

He smiled down at her, his eyes bright. Gently he craned his neck down and kissed her forehead. His lips tightened against her skin.

"I'm leaving the team, Katzchen."

He pulled free of Kitty's now-leaden arms, stepping backward away from her. Without meeting her wide eyes, he exited the room with a muffled implosion of air and brimstone. He was gone.

Don't panic! SNARFF! Sorry, been watching Thundercats.
    biggrin

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is very cool Slarti. I missed the High Evolutionary thing. I must be completely out of the loop. What happened? Where was it?

------------------
    So there.

--KC--

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Awww, come on. Somebody needs to pick this one up! KC? Ovenmit? BAMF!? Rex? I'm drawing a blank so far from here. I actually wrote this a month or so ago. I was gonna trash it 'cause I couldn't decide where to go with it.

biggrin

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Ok how's this:

Six months later, Kurt drives back to the mansion and as he gets out of the car. Kitty runs up to him. "Where have you been, fuzzy elf?" He tells her, "Oh I tried being a priest for a while, but some guy shot me. Then I met this really interesting frauline doctor and we've been hitting all the big cities in Europe. Then I decided I missed wearing spandex and fighting villians, so I decided to come back. Got any beer?"

Well thats how I want things to go.

------------------
    Insanity is doing the
    same thing over and
    over, but expecting
    different
    results.-Rita Mae
    Brown

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)