Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was watching an episode from the first season of Ren & Stimpy (those were the days!) when i noticed something...

Ren: "Put your hand on the screen and repeat after me. 'I swear to only watch Ren & Stimpy. Heh, and to make underleg noises during the good scenes? And to wear unwashed lederhosen everyday for the rest of my life! That's it! Your in our secret club!"

Hm....?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Lol.That is funny Garble.Gosh I havent seen "Ren and Stimpy" in ages.The writers of "Evolution"were probably fans.

------------------
    `~`~`Dragonlady`~`~`

"All I am is a man trying to live his life the best he knows how and be true to what he was taught." Nightcrawler-Excalibur Bookshelf Format#1

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

But of COURSE they were fans...it's only the GREATEST CARTOON EVER MADE!

Anybody remember the 'don't wizz on the electric fence' episode?

-Rex

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ugggghhh.....I hated Ren & Stimpy. It was just gross...although I still walk around singing the jingle to "Log" commercial on random occastions.

"What rolls down stairs,
    alone or in pairs,
    and runs over your neighbor's dog.
    What fits on your back,
    is great for a snack,
    It's Log, Log, Log!
    It's Laaa-og, Laaa-og,
    it's big it's heavy, it's wood.
    It's Laaa-og, Laaa-og,
    It's better than bad, it's good!
    Everyone wants a Log,
    Everyone likes a Log,
    You'd better get a Log..."
    And then I trail off cuz I dont remember the rest, I don't think there was to much more.

Those were the best parts. I didn't like it, but I watched it. I was what? 12? Besides, there was nothing else on.

"Well, sir, I don't like it!"

Besides, everyone knows that it's a tie between Thundercats and He-Man for the greatest cartoon ever. Yessir, when cartoons were good! And made in Japan! And recycled scenes over and over! And had to have a moral put in at the end! And were spawned by toys, not the otherway around! DAMN STRAIGHT! THE 80s RULED!!

(And no, none of that was sarcastic, and neither is this, or that, or any of this!)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Okay, yeah, Thundercats WAS really good. I actually rented a few episodes of it some months back, to see if it stood the test of time. My memories of it are so emotional; it was just so powerful to me then, at the tender age of 8 or whatever (when WAS it on, anyhow?) Watching it now, I started to notice how silly the dialogue was...I guess I've just grown up into a sour, humorless adult smile

-Rex

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hehe. You tell 'em Knighty! I didn't watch Ren and Stimpy. Ahhh, Japanimation of the eighties. I watched He-Man and Thundercats religiously. And Voltron.

SNARF!

------------------

~Award-winning designer of Norway's lovely crinkly edges.~

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Uhh ... *slobber* ... Voltron ... That was my other sentimental favorite. I was absolutely addicted. That one really WAS from Japan; I don't think Thundercats was, though, was it?

But Ren&Stimpy was great, I tell you! It was kinda gross, admitted, but how can you NOT love a show where somebody falls in love with a chicken sausage? smile

-Rex

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

All of those were from Japan. They were all animated over there, when Japan had a weaker economy and everything was cheaper to make over there. So it's all technically Japanese, although they were funded by American companies and were made with American themes and American voices. There's your cartoon history less on for today. Oh, and Rex, I have EVERY SINGLE episode of Thundercats on tape, not to mention about 70 episodes of He-Man. I had a Voltron sleeping bag, and I had one of the cats. It sucked, my friends all had parents who sprung the $60 for all 5 cats, which combined into...VOLTRON!!!! Spoiled brats! OH well, I had more He-Man figs than ANYBODY!! ANYBODY I TELL YOU!!! Well, not really. I wish I still had all of those...*sniffle*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh c'mon guys Ren and Stimpy was hilarious!But the animation was crude,it seemed they showed every pimple,hair and bodily fluid.Yes it was raunchy but it was funny as heck.Knighty that song cracks me up! biggrin

How can anybody not mention Transformers???They were AWESOME.

------------------
    `~`~`Dragonlady`~`~`

"All I am is a man trying to live his life the best he knows how and be true to what he was taught." Nightcrawler-Excalibur Bookshelf Format#1

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

I mentioned them-Grimlock,Slag and Swoop but I cant remember the name of the brontosaurus.

Damn my unimaginative adult brain! biggrin

------------------
    `~`~`Dragonlady`~`~`

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast