Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BAMF!:
    That fight they had pretty much cleared the air and I know there is a STRONG mutual respect for each other.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What a great issue that was. See, that was a real character story, not one of those contrived 'X-Man vs. X-Man' stories like that Rogue/Wolvie fight a few months back. And you know what the best part was? Kurt's leg stayed broken! For many, many issues! What a great concept--injuries that don't go away by the end of the issue!

Also, remember how he met Kylun? That, too, was a terrific issue. Sigh ...

-Rex

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

ELWING remember how throughout the series and up until the fight you could almost feel the tension between Kurt and Brian building?
    Until finally...

captbrit07

captbrit13

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rex Luscus:
    What a great issue that was. See, that was a real character story, not one of those contrived 'X-Man vs. X-Man' stories like that Rogue/Wolvie fight a few months back. And you know what the best part was? Kurt's leg stayed broken! For many, many issues! What a great concept--injuries that don't go away by the end of the issue!

Also, remember how he met Kylun? That, too, was a terrific issue. Sigh ...

-Rex
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kylun09

Yeah REX..I REALLY miss those days...Alan Davis at his BEST. I remember not being able to wait for the next ish of EXCALIBUR to come out. Havent felt that way about an X-book in a Loooong time...

BAMF!

[This message has been edited by BAMF! (edited December 15, 2000).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey good topic!

Everyone else pretty much already mentioned who I would have mentioned.About Cap,I definately have to say hes numero uno.I never seen Kurt rubbed wrong by a person more than Brian.

But what about Gambit?Remember when Gambit accused Kurt of being a traitor during those Excalibur issues with the X-Men?And then when Kurt returned to the X-Men Remy made a crack about Excalibur to Kurt.There was also another incident during the "Magneto War" where Kurt was trying to encourage everyone and Remy said something cinical.I dont think theres a hatred there but there was tension.It seems to be gone now as shown in Gambits Annual.

Well,theres my 2 cents.

------------------
    `~`~`Dragonlady`~`~`

"All I am is a man trying to live his life the best he knows how and be true to what he was taught." Nightcrawler-Excalibur Bookshelf Format#1

[This message has been edited by Drags (edited December 15, 2000).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, Kitty says, "The rookie asks the hard ones, right Kurt?" and Kurt says, "Yes, and our answer is silence." Then Gambit says something like, "Head to sand, eh Wagner? Dat how you led Excalibur?"

But remind me about the traitor thing?

-Rex

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Hey i'd forgotten about that little bit of early tension between Remy and Kurt! REX I can remember being really pissed at Gambit the 1st time I read that. Now that I think about it wasnt Jubilee kinda needling Nightcrawler as well?

BAMF!

[This message has been edited by BAMF! (edited December 15, 2000).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This just occured to me: wouldn't Sunfire make a great teamup with NC? If they still like each other as much as they did in Giant Size #1 infighting is ensured...should be very amusing.

Sunfire is one of the few goodguys NC really doesn't get along with. The only other I can think of was Pete Wisdom.
    Can you name more?
    sunfire

------------------
    The BAMF department - hangout for the elf-obsessed. http://users.pandora.be/ellis.de.jon...nightmain.html

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Cool topic ELWING!
    Hey I'd forgotten about that! Remember how Logan and Kurt used to be at each others' throats as well?
    I think there was always at least a little tension between CAPTAIN BRITAIN and NIGHTCRAWLER. The whole Meggan issue and what with the other old Excalibur members kinda looking more to Kurt for leadership than Brian. (Who if you remember was Excaliburs' first leader!)
    That fight they had pretty much cleared the air and I know there is a STRONG mutual respect for each other. In spite of that though, there may be some lingering 'hard feelings'. Probably more-so on Caps part than Kurts! (Forgiving little elf that he is!)

BAMF!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

that thing with Logan didn't last very long...But how could I ever forget the Cap? They nearly killed each other. Ouch!

------------------
    The BAMF department - hangout for the elf-obsessed. http://users.pandora.be/ellis.de.jon...nightmain.html

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

if I recall correctly he also needled a trigger-happy Psylocke a little in recent issues (x-men annual)But not much was made of it afterwards.
    The fight with captain britain was great. One of the best excal issues ever (#43)and almost certainly the funniest cover ever in the whole of comic history. Those were the days, my friends...
    excal43cover

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Yeah Rex that is almost exactly what Gambit said.And let me tell ya that I wasnt one of Remys biggest fans at the moment.NOBODY picks on my fuzzyelf,NOBODY....*pant*pant*...ahem. tongue

And Elwing I also remember how Gambit would give Betsy a hard time during that Kwannon storyline.Pretty nervy of him considering his past.

------------------
    `~`~`Dragonlady`~`~`

"All I am is a man trying to live his life the best he knows how and be true to what he was taught." Nightcrawler-Excalibur Bookshelf Format#1