Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

What makes Nightcrawler your favorite charecter or one of them. He is not my Ultimate favorite ,but I would place him in the top 3. The reason I like him is because he is a Christian ,and actively has been almost all through the time he has been on X-men. (Don't get mad at me if they didn't use it in Excalibur I never read it). Also his powers are unique ,or where at the time. I mean who ever heard of a demon looking blue, furred ,women loving ,elf. I think he was one of the first to teleport, but that was before my time. But I guess what I'm asking is what made you like ,or Identify with this charecter so much.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I initially got attached to him because of how he looked. Physically, he was just fascinating. But he got more interesting to me because he had such a thoroughly incongruous personality. I think I fell in love during "Days of Future Past" when he was trying to make friends with Kitty and kept getting rejected.

-Rex

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

I dunno if I really speak for everyone on this, but I reckon that the reason that Nightcrawler is popular is because we all identify with his being an outcast or a freak. I think generally NC fans are or were outcasts is some way and really identify with him because of it. I mean, what can be greater than an outcast, a freak, being completely okay with it, embracing it, and getting past whatever anyone else thinks about it. It's really his embracing of his individuality that defines him, and therefore our love of him. Which is a BIG BIG BIG reason why I despise his pursuit of Priesthood. He's just too okay with being himself to give it all up for the ultimate conformity. And I'm sorry, but I'm Christian too, and I think that liking a character because of his creed is just not a good reason, and certainly shouldn't be your main reason. Liking Nightcrawler because he's Christian or Catholic, is like hating Thunderbird 3 because he's hindu. You just don't. You hate him because he's an unoriginal, two-bit, rip-off of a character, not because of his religion.

------------------
    ~~I'll be standing in the rain with my pants on fire when it all goes wrong again~~

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I mostly like the way he looks. I know, I know, there's way more to the character than just his looks but still the #1 reason for me is looks.

When I started collecting about 2 years ago, I expected Kurt's personality to be the way it was in Giant Sized X-Men (dark, gloomy, sarcastic) because that was the only comic book I had until then that actually featured his character. So, while I like his cheerful personality, it doesn't really define the character for me.

And I would just as soon do without the religion.

Kahlana

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Knight_Crawler:
    Liking Nightcrawler because he's Christian or Catholic, is like hating Thunderbird 3 because he's hindu. You just don't. You hate him because he's an unoriginal, two-bit, rip-off of a character, not because of his religion.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not the whole reason I like that charecter. I like him because he's odd,and because he's suave,and cool around the ladies even though he is a freak. I do not like the whole idea of him becoming a priest. Some of that too comes into because it was never quite explained due to the six month gap. And I could care less what kind of religon Thunderbird 3 comes from. The only reason I don't like that charecter is because he's a ripoff in every sense of the word. His powers have been done before ( Sunfire, Sunspot, Pyro, and even a touch of Havok). On top of that they couldn't even give him a new name. Claremont went with one that had been used twice already.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

This is going to sound really sucky, but the reason Nightcrawler is my favourite, is: YOU GUYS!

I don't really have a favourite X-Man, if I was pushed I would say Gambit. I like the whole ethos of the X-books ie. what they stand for and the whole fantasy universe thing, y'know the way characters are in one book and then another etc. etc. But then I got the Net and stumbled across the Wizard World message boards and more importantly the Nightcrawler thread.

I dicided to have a go posting in there, I was nervous at first because I thought you guys would all know each other and would burn me big time.But you guys were all so friendly and imformative which is sooo against the grain on the WW boards. It started me thinking why? Why does this character have so cool fans when most Wolvy fans can't string a decent sentence together?

So I re-read a lot of comics starring NC and he read so differently. He was intelligent, caring, funny, and creative (as well as having the abilty to kick the odd butt on occasion.) Very much like his fans ie. you guys here! Now when ever I read a NC speech bubble it takes on a whole new meaning to me, I'm like "oh Bamf! will like that one" and "Oooh that will piss Spatch off big time".

And thats why! Seems odd I know, but it is what has happened. So as long as you guys are still around I will continue to love following the adventures of the fuzzy blue elf! tongue

------------------
    Keep It Safe In The
    Kitchen!

Inactive Member The French Biscuit's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Bonjour!
    I yam The French Biscuit! I zid not know how to make a good entrance onto zhis 'super bon' forum, I guestioned throwing croisants at people but zhat would be rude.
    But back to the topic, oui! I like monsieur Kurt because well... it haz got to be hiz funny feet and hands. Oh, and zhe tail. Ben oui, zhe tail!!
    I agree with Kahlana, I chould have done zust fine without zhat whole priest zhing. Here I was minding my own buziness and *BAMF* (forgive zhe stupid joke) zhere he was in a church!
    With any luck, Marvel will leave him alone.
    Or, I'll just have to start throwing zhose croisants around again. Zhey hate zhat you know.

~Au revoir!
    The French Biscuit

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The French biscuit ... I think that's another one for Culinary X smile

Thanks, Mit! I frequently wonder why Nighty fans are the coolest (as they clearly are) but I still haven't figured it out. He isn't especially powerful; that alienates a whole set of comic book fans right there. I mean, it seems pretty self-evident to me -- Nighty is interesting, whereas many of the more bad-ass X-Men like Cable are boring. But I need a more scientific answer than that. Maybe it IS the underdog factor. I tend not to like the "cool" characters, the ones that are clearly the center of the book. I instinctually go for the odd secondary ones -- the eirons and the tricksters. I'll do some more research and get back to y'all. smile

-Rex

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

He's sexy. biggrin

And charming, and blue, and athletic, and funny, and furry, and sweet, and three-fingered, and accented, and- and- and... well, you get the idea. wink

But seriously, I was just recently pulled into this (though I've been at least acquainted with the Marvel universe for many years) and Nightcrawler immediately attracted me as a fan. He's different in a team where most of their differences don't show (or not to the degree his do). Most especially he lives with style. smile

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have to agree with Jyuu-chan. (Cool name BTW.) Out of all the guys in X-MEN, he's the cutest.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast